Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you take any medicine daily?

iceestarz

I do. I take a beta blocker to help my pulse, which I started recently. I also take abilify because I have severe emotional problems that cause severe anxiety and depressive tendencies. I also take concerta as well, which is for my ADHD. I've been taking concerta for years too, and it's helped me a lot. I'm on the highest dosage, but it works well for me so I can't stop taking it either.

Other meds I take are Klonopin and vistaril. X3 Klonopin is for my anxiety, and vistaril is for anxiety + hives I get every now and then. These are only take as needed though.

I've got multiple chronic life threatening health issues that leave me disabled. So I a handful of pills and inhalers everyday for stuff like my chronic severe lung disease, COPD, sinusitis, osteoporosis, gastroparesis and chronic pain, to name a few.

Funny enough though, my blood pressue, blood sugar, cholesteral and heart are perfect. LOL Just about the only thing that does work in my body.

Edited by Antidaeophobia
  • Brohoof 1

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and this is not any form of medical advice. Never take any medicine unless you talk to your doctor about it first. Any medicine can be dangerous or even fatal if used incorrectly. Children under 18 should never mess with any kind of medication without counseling from both their doctor and their legal parent(s)/guardian(s) first.

I take the following 3 prescription medications on a daily basis:

• Citalopram HBR, generic for Celexa. I take 40 mg once a day in the morning for major depression and anxiety, which is the maximum safe dose for adults.

• Hydroxyzine HCL. I usually take 100 mg a day at night for anxiety and sleep, which is the maximum safe dose for adults. However, I have it in 25 mg pills so I can take it throughout the day (without ever exceeding 100 mg) as needed.

• Clonidine HCL, generic for Catapres. I just started this recently, so I only take 0.1 mg a night for sleep. The maximum allowed dose for me is 0.3 mg. The maximum safe dose for adults is 0.8 mg, but that's only for emergency situations involving blood pressure as this is primarily a blood pressure medication, although that's not what I'm using it for.

I also take the following OTC medication as needed:

• Ibuprofen. The maximum safe dose for adults listed on the bottle is 400 mg, but I started taking more after consulting with a doctor. Never take more than what it says is safe for your age group on the bottle without first speaking with your doctor.

• Acetaminophen. I usually take 1,000 mg which is really toeing the line. That's the safest amount adults can take at one time.

The medication I take is somewhat dangerous and has the downside of forming dependencies, which can be very problematic. For example, if I just up and stopped taking my antidepressant suddenly I could become very sick. If I ever end up going off of it the doctor would need to prescribe me a plan to wane off of it slowly to avoid harm.

I take Celexa for major depressive disorder and high anxiety. Although, these don't always help. I see some familiar meds such as Fluoxetine, Prozac, Adderall and Zoloft here that I used to take since my depression and anxiety go back a long way.

I use to take Advair, Metadate, and some third pill I cant remember what it was called, when I was a kid...... shit I hated the Metadate it was suppose to help me with my ADD which it did but it also strengthen the hell out of my metabolism and I never ate while it was in my system

as of now I don't take anything..... well besides my inhaler

I'm not a fan of taking pills all the time - it seems like they're prescribed for the some pretty stupid things nowadays, especially in American from what I can see.

Yet despite that, I have to take 2 anti-imflammatory painkillers each night before bed due to a long term injury, and in the past I was put on anti-depressants.

• 3 years later...

I have to take Seroquel, Zyprexa, Fluvoxamine, Melatonin and Mirtazapine every day. :yuck:

I didn't mind taking medicine at first, but now I think I really hate them. I only take them cause they help me stop thinking of bad thoughts.

• Brohoof 2

Nope, I used to though when I was little. I had kidney problems as a kid, and I had to tak prescription medicine daily. I haven't any more issues with it for years now and no longer need medicine. 

I take 5 supplements, my anti-psychotic and my anti-depression pills.  I think I take around 10 pills a day?  I also have my weekly Testosterone injection I give myself every Monday.  I think since I'm also starting a medical research thing, I'll be taking two extra pills a day...  Goody....