Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anyone else a fan of SWAT Kats?

ShadOBabe

Please say yes!! XD

In a world completely inhabited by anthropomorphic cats, two ex-military police fighter pilots build a high-performance jet out of the stuff in a military scrap yard where they work and proceed to beat the stuffing out of giant monsters, mad scientists, aliens, robotic gangsters and much, much more.

Gosh, it was such a good show. Died far too early.

Any other fans of the SWAT Kats in these forums? I did meet one so far!

Who's your favorite hero, who's your favorite villain (mine at the moment is T-Bone and the Metallikats)?

Do you have a favorite episode? Do get as psyched hearing the intro riff as I do?

Let me know if you're out there!!

EDIT: For those who have never heard of this cartoon, I've added a video of the season one intro.

Tell me if it piques your interest... X3

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

Hero-wise, I'm most partial to Razor and Callie.

Villain-wise, I'm most partial to Dr. Viper, Dark Kat, The Pastmaster, and Madkat.

Haha!! Couldn't pick just one, right?

Yeah, I love them all to much too. But I just forced myself to pick my top.

Do you have a favorite episode?

I like how that commander guy never realizes its those two. XD

two ex fighter pilots in a aircraft scrap yard with pyhsical builds exactly matching the SwatKats? Nah, couldn't be them,...

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 4

I used to watch this in reruns on Boomerang and loved it. I've always wanted Briggs to get together with the scrawny one.

LOL!! You mean Razor? Heehee, yeah I ship them too!!

I also ship Felina and T-Bone, but you know Razor/Felina and T-Bone/Callie could be cute too!!

Darn it, neglected to use "multi quote"...

I like how that commander guy never realizes its those two. XD

two ex fighter pilots in a aircraft scrap yard with pyhsical builds exactly matching the SwatKats? Nah, couldn't be them,...

Heh, well to be fair, it's very likely the two spent almost NO time around Commander Feral when they were still Enforcers.

Even if they saw him at ceremonies and whatnot, they'd be nameless faces in the ranks.

Feral doesn't even bother checking up on them after he put them to work in the scrap yard. He gets those two yahoos to do it.

That was a very underrated cartoon. 

Indeed!! I love it so much!!

Goosebumps during the intro. Every. Single. Time.

I am a fan, I saw the première back in 1993, I was seven years old, and I have been a fan ever since, I just love how it was animated, it was like a Marvel comic book TV show, like Spiderman, it was gritty and dark, and the music was great. My favourite episode was Enter the Madkat, Roddy McDowell was great as the villain, just as good as his role as the Mad Hatter from Batman the Animated Series, overall I liked the two main characters, Chance and Jake, or rather T-Bone and Razor, they played off each other very well, you can tell they have a good relationship, sometimes a rivalry, like physical fitness or nerves, like eating peppers or riding the centrifuge, and the thing I really loved was the TurboKat, it has a sort of F-14 Tomcat appearance, with variable swept wings, and its arsenal was impressive, the cement gun and missiles was always stellar to watch, it is rather sad the show was cancelled, I think they would have gone far, it also reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog, with the dark, futuristic atmosphere, combined with a sci-fi story and plot, it was a good show to me, and it will continue to inspire my imagination.  

• Brohoof 3

Ah, yes. I remember this show. My brother and I used to pretend we were the characters, I was T-Bone he was Razor.

I loved Dark Kat and his Creeplings. Dr. Viper was creepy but the Metallikats were hilarious.

My favorite episodes had to be the one where they met their evil counter-parts and the one where Dr, Viper flooded the city with mutagen.

And don't even get me started on the themes and how awesome they were.

• Brohoof 1

Yea either way those pairs go would be fine for me. I prefer to use their civilian names because those names are codenames, but forgot them so I said scrawny one.

Heehee, well scrawy's real name is Jake Clawson.

T-Bone's is Chance Furlong.

I am a fan, I saw the première back in 1993, I was seven years old, and I have been a fan ever since, I just love how it was animated, it was like a Marvel comic book TV show, like Spiderman, it was gritty and dark, and the music was great. My favourite episode was Enter the Madkat, Roddy McDowell was great as the villain, just as good as his role as the Mad Hatter from Batman the Animated Series, overall I liked the two main characters, Chance and Jake, or rather T-Bone and Razor, they played off each other very well, you can tell they have a good relationship, sometimes a rivalry, like physical fitness or nerves, like eating peppers or riding the centrifuge, and the thing I really loved was the TurboKat, it has a sort of F-14 Tomcat appearance, with variable swept wings, and its arsenal was impressive, the cement gun and missiles was always stellar to watch, it is rather sad the show was cancelled, I think they would have gone far, it also reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog, with the dark, futuristic atmosphere, combined with a sci-fi story and plot, it was a good show to me, and it will continue to inspire my imagination.  

You always have the most lovely, in depth responses when I see you in the forums, sir. XD

And indeed, I love everything you mentioned in the show as well, especially the friendship between Chance and Jake.

I don't think I've seen an animated friendship that warmed me as much. At least until I saw Wander and Sylvia in Wander Over Yonder.

Coincidentally, the lady who plays Sylvia in WOY also played Molly Mange in the Metallikats!

Ah, yes. I remember this show. My brother and I used to pretend we were the characters, I was T-Bone he was Razor.

I loved Dark Kat and his Creeplings. Dr. Viper was creepy but the Metallikats were hilarious.

My favorite episodes had to be the one where they met their evil counter-parts and the one where Dr, Viper flooded the city with mutagen.

And don't even get me started on the themes and how awesome they were.

Indeed!! SUCH a good cartoon!!

Love it to pieces!! <333

I think Mutation City is one of my favorite episodes as well!! 83

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Who else thought Callie was hot? :wub:

LOL!! Well I'm a straight chick, but I did think she was the biggest, prettiest, smartest civilian bad@$$ in existence when I was a five year old little girl. Believe me though, you are the NOT the only person who thinks Callie is hot. XD

But yeah, seriously, that lady has more cojones than most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MKrtf8hhQM

What's that? No powers, no weapons, and being dangled out of the top story of a skscraper?

No biggie. I still have time for one more insult because I turn into pavement paint.

I love just about every character in this show. <3

Edited by ShadOBabe

Yeah, sadly I didn't even know of the show's existence until they started playing reruns on Boomerang and was disappointed to find that the show only had two seasons.

Which is a shame because it reminded me of both Sonic the Hedgehog and Batman the Animated Series.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, sadly I didn't even know of the show's existence until they started playing reruns on Boomerang and was disappointed to find that the show only had two seasons.

Which is a shame because it reminded me of both Sonic the Hedgehog and Batman the Animated Series.

Ugh, I know right? Makes my little fangirl heart break!!

But I'm determined to one day make my own stories for the franchise.

I know other fans have. I suck at writing though, so mine will like be a comic. 83

Total Swat Katz fan! The theme song was too extreme and beyond.

I haven't seen it since I was a kid. It's about time I look it up

Yesssss, omg the theme song!! Goose bumps. Every. Single. TIME.

Indeed!! To the nostalgia cave!!

I guess I should contribute my part. ShadOBabe and I conversed on that subject, and we found each other to be fellow Swat Kats fans. Awesome! <3

Oddly enough I never cared that much for the show when I was younger, but I caught some reruns on Boomarang probably like a year or so ago, and I really fell in love with the show. I really missed out.

• Brohoof 1

I guess I should contribute my part. ShadOBabe and I conversed on that subject, and we found each other to be fellow Swat Kats fans. Awesome! <3

Oddly enough I never cared that much for the show when I was younger, but I caught some reruns on Boomarang probably like a year or so ago, and I really fell in love with the show. I really missed out.

Oh, don't feel bad my friend. At the very least you had heard of it.

I know so many people that DON'T!! So sad...

You said you liked Razor!! I forget what other characters you like?

Favorite villain? I know we both came to the objective conclusion that Callie is a bad@$$.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, don't feel bad my friend. At the very least you had heard of it.

I know so many people that DON'T!! So sad...

You said you liked Razor!! I forget what other characters you like?

Favorite villain? I know we both came to the objective conclusion that Callie is a bad@$$.

Yeah, same here. For as good as it was, it has sadly fallen through the cracks of history for a lot of people. :(

Yep, I like Razor as my favorite of the team, but I also like T-Bone as well. XD Of course, if I had to pick a favorite, it would actually be bad-ass Callie, most likely. Felina would be fairly close!

As for villains, that would be Dark Kat and Pastmaster. <3

• Brohoof 2