Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone actually collect the hasbro mlp toys?

RainbowTashie

I know that but what you must know is I'm VERY shy. And I have no clue how they would react. No matter how much I want this one RD t shirt :P

Aww i am too :) it's a little differnt for me being female I guess :) I would say parents don't really know what their kids get up to online it could be just another meme or somesort. I good bullied a lot when i was younger for liking poke'mon but I till kept true to it and owned more and more merch just to defy the haters and i haven't changed till this day;P i guess i don't really give a flying feather about what anypony else thinks:) but I understand why you would be hesitant to embrace your inner brony :)

I don't care what other people thin of me (I would happily wear a mlp shirt in public). I'm just afraid of what my family and friends would think. Me and my friends get hate at school for playing yugioh (at break and lunch) but we still play it anyway.

Also it makes me feel good when someone else says they're shy because I just think "I know how you feel".

I don't care what other people thin of me (I would happily wear a mlp shirt in public). I'm just afraid of what my family and friends would think. Me and my friends get hate at school for playing yugioh (at break and lunch) but we still play it anyway.

Also it makes me feel good when someone else says they're shy because I just think "I know how you feel".

That's understandable :)

It's okay when you've known somepony forever but meeting new people,huge crowds and hate in general are terrifying.

• Brohoof 1

The Rainbow Power line is such an abomination. I can't wait until they stop making those for the 5 min period of the last episode, they look horrible. Bring in some background characters and villains that would easily sell better.

• Brohoof 1

I've been collecting the toys for a couple of years now.  The bulk is G4 now and will likely stay that way, but I've been looking to get more G3s while they're dirt cheap, and some G1s.

Most of my collection are brushables and blind bags. As of now, I only have 3 Funkos and one Pop, but I do want to get some more. They do look nice, but they are relatively expensive, and the QC is no better than your average brushable. Not to mention they take up a lot more shelf space.

• Brohoof 1

I bought and styled the mane 6 some time ago.

img-3401500-1-03YQ3sE.jpg

How do you do this :o!!!! I mean what!

They are all so awesome i'm speechless! please tell me your secrets I think fluttershy is my favourite but they are all so good!

• Brohoof 2

I cannot comment on the past generations, but I think the G4 toys are awful. What is the point it you're just going to half ass them?

The point is to make money. Quality takes money. Kids don't care. I mean, they do care. They wouldn't want a bunch of twigs with googly eyes, shaped like a pony, and being told it's Fluttershy.

But comparing my Earthworm Jim action figure intended for collectors (box says 15+, which i think is silly. A toy is a toy), to my original Earthworm Jim toy that I bought when I was a little boy, and thr quality is much lower. But at the time it was like "omg, Earthworm Jim! Pew pew!".

Actually, come to think about it, if I was a kid, I'd probably prefer the cheaper toy version. It came with more accessories. His head would launch off. The collectors "figure"'s limbs don't move. He's always in a photogenic pose.

Maybe kids prefer the ugly g4 toys to say, something like the Funko figures or fan sculpts.

You can't brush the Funko figures. You can't move their head. They don't come with accessories. They're a lot less hands on. Makes sense. They're meant only to be looked at. What fun is that for a kid?

But yeah, the reason they look so awful is not because they half ass it, but because kids will buy them regardless. They arent thinking "this doesnt look like the show". They're thinking "omg, Twilight Sparkle! Pew pew!". That means more money for Hasbro considering they don't put much effort.

Edited by pollo20x6
  • Brohoof 2

Just blindbag ponies, I'm not really fond of the ones with the brushable manes. As someone else said they're not exactly show accurate. But I do love when people fix their mane styles! I also have some the McDonald ponies, all of which I've found at yard sales and thrift stores. For the most part I just collect the Funko figures and stuff off of WeLoveFine.

They are all so awesome i'm speechless! please tell me your secrets I think fluttershy is my favourite but they are all so good!

For tools I used a cut up drinking straw, hair pins, and painter's tape (the barely sticky sort). You start by wetting the mane and separating it into the front and back portions. Trim them to the length you need for that pony. Then using the straws and pins you make curlers and secure them with a little tape. For flat bangs you're just taping them against the forehead. For manes like Fluttershys you can do leg curls, using the legs of the pony to add a curl. Again, a ring of tape to hold it in place. Fluttershy's is probably the easiest actually and has one of the best looks. Also, you don't need to trim her much if you're afraid of that. Pinkie's is the hardest. To do hers I had to wrap the mane up in the pins, then turn the pins over and rolled it back to other way, so when I took them out the mane and tail kinked up properly to get the pinkie look. Anyway, once you have them set, you dip them in freshly boiled water to perm the mane. Just a few seconds. After they dry off, you take out the curlers and tape, and fluff up the manes a bit.

There are guides on how to do it on Deviantart that go through it in more detail and step by step. I'd try Fluttershy first because she's actually fairly simple. Just leg curls mostly, not a lot of fussing with rollers, which can be fiddly and tricky because they can get wet and slippery.

No I don't collect much MLP stuff. The only Hasbro thing I have is a Gilda blind bag thing I got off eBay because it actually looks right. At first glance most people wouldn't think that it's from MLP.

post-24370-0-53313500-1417642324.jpg

As @, mentioned, A lot of their stuff doesn't "look" that great. From what I've seen all they did is just slap some G4 paint on the older molds and call it a day. The little kids that they are targeted for really aren't going to care too much.

I have a Vinyl Scratch on a record thing from Welovefine and a Big Macintosh figure from Funko because they don't look all...

post-24370-0-66053000-1420923862_thumb.png

You know what I mean :)

I also don't care for ones with stranded hair. They look TOO weird to me. Some people do a good job on fixing it up though, but that's not something I would spend the time on.

That reminds me, I used to melt a little of my sister's Barbies' hair on a light bulb sometimes. :squee: I would put it back and a couple days later she would wonder what the heck happened. (I know I'm horrible) ^_^

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 2

I don't have any of the G4 brushables or blind bags, actually. Although I'd love to have the brushable Minty!

I do have some G3's, though. Initially I had no interest in the brushables (or blind bags for G4) of any generation, but then when I decided to go back and watch the animations for the previous generations, I decided to explore the toys and see why they're so beloved (outside of the Brony community), and when I explored G3's I quickly got attached and changed my mind. G3 had beautiful designs, variety, and those colorings... Wow.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

If you want high quality plushies, someone named canaryyellow2013 sells the best plushies around. I recently bought a flutter at plush and it is extremely accurate! It's 12 inches high and I only got it for about 30 dollars (AUD) and usually the fa made plushies are 200 AUD or something. The hasbro ones are awful, like when they released the talking celestia toy. As you probably know celestia is wise and values friendship, honesty, loyalty etc. but all the toy said was: 'my mane is beautiful!' Or: 'my wings are beautiful!' She even said: 'I'm a princess, are you too?' That self absorbed celestia toy was made so badly, you would think they would want to make celestia a ROLE MODEL, not a self absorbed beauty queen... Hasbro needs to think a little haha

I meant flutterbat sorry

• Brohoof 1

I've built myself a little shrine collection of FiM merchandise, both official Hasbro and fan/Funko figures, as well as several WeLoveFine shirts. It's nothing too impressive, but I like it nonetheless. I'd really like to expand it though.

• Brohoof 1