Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

Oiy hold your horses. That Nation sheet was just a test to see what you all thought of it, not an actual "Go ahead and make your nation sheet" I said that in the post, but nopony listened -.- And your nations may not be accepted so preplanning is rather pointless.

That Nation sheet was just a test to see what you all thought of it, not an actual "Go ahead and make your nation sheet" I said that in the post, but nopony listened

Oops.  :adorkable:  Then again, this might not be such a bad thing. I can think of no better test of the nation sheet then attempting to fill it out. I added a few new categories that I thought would be useful, such as foreign policy, military power, quality of life, and two resources that are scarce. 

I'm also curious as to how wars will work. (Not that I plan on going to war, as I hope to play a mostly peaceful nation, but it's good to know these things) For instance, exactly how deep are we going to go into tactics? I read that you would roll dice to determine the victor, and then you would add modifiers to the score. Will the outcome of battles be determined more by luck or tactical skill?

i would like to start my own nation i am still working on the nation sheet but i just wanted to put in out there that i am starting one if anyone is interested in joining it i will be posting the nation sheet of my nation shortly here is the link to my character who will be running the nation Blackfire http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/blackfire-r7506 i will also have a citizen who she is single and just a commoner her name is Silentflight          http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/silentflight-r7707

Edited by SilentFlight

Safer-Stormgiggle, I myself am still debating on how wars will work. I was originally leaning to some sort of Dice System. An Online Roller that everyone could view so it would be seen that the rolls were fair. maybe the whole modifier thing. I mean technically you could RP the wars out yourself, but that leaves a large opening to godmodding your tactics.

If you have a suggestion though... I would be interested in hearing it. Dead serious, I'm open to suggestions on how to do the war system.

I was thinking for the dice system sort of like Dungeons and Dragons. Where say you roll to hit or succeed in an attack, and then roll to see how much damage you do. In this case the damage is the amount of soldiers you would lose. Something along those lines.

Also if you have any suggestions for any other systems of this nation RP, go ahead and suggest. I won't bite. I've got some pretty basic systems already in mind, but if you have something better I will be happy to use it : )

If you have a suggestion though... I would be interested in hearing it. Dead serious, I'm open to suggestions on how to do the war system.

Personally, I think wars should go something like this: First, you go into detail about exactly what type of terrain the battle will take place in, using the environment the player detailed in their nation sheet as a template for the battlefield. Then each player will go into detail about what tactics they plan to use. Information about the placement of ground and aerial troops, and exactly how they plan to utilize their armies in combat should then be given by the players. Then you roll the dice and add the modifiers. Points should be given for intelligent placement of troops, effective exploitation of enemy weaknesses, effective use of the environment, high troop morale, and an intelligent use of tactics. Then you decide who wins and who loses. Also, It's important to remember that an army has to be given water, food and pay. War is expensive, after all. An army that is malnourished and thirsty cannot fight effectively; and solders that aren't paid generally have very low morale.

But to do all this we'd have to make a more or less complicated economy system, a fair way to decide how many troops someone has/may recruit/can have at max.

Numbers CAN make a difference in combat also we don't want everypony having Marksman quality archer pegasi that can snipe everypony from above. Nor do we want uber-powered unicorns throwing flames everywhere or Armed to the teeth earth ponies that can deflect or take just about anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but there are some things that would be difficult to factor and manage fairly. Perhaps I could do an economy system where every day every nation gets a certain amount of resources? They can PM me or message me here if they want to buy anything, maybe have a basic building list with their attributes and such and a small list detailing what buildings and how many each nation possesses?

But to do all this we'd have to make a more or less complicated economy system, a fair way to decide how many troops someone has/may recruit/can have at max.

Yeah, I see what you mean. We shouldn't make things too complex. Maybe we would be better off roleplaying encounters.

maybe have a basic building list with their attributes and such and a small list detailing what buildings and how many each nation possesses?

Huh. I was under the impression that we would have most of our buildings and infrastructure right off the bat. 

Well originally I thought that we'd basically start off with whatever and Roleplay encounters out, but a good deal of moderation would be involved on my part.

I guess to not overcomplicate everything we'll just settle to using good ole fashion RPing moderated by me.

Any other systems you had ideas for, like diplomacy and such?

Things such as diplomacy and trading can be done just by talking.

We could have a system you can only preform some diplomatic actions if an embassy or something is set up in both nations.

Espionage? That interests me but it's hard to manage. You'd have to keep tabs on every nation's every detail from military tech to government subagencies.

I agree with the idea for dice based combat but with a tweak here and there. Taking a card from @, if say, someone is defending in the mountains vs ground based units so instead of the rolled four they get a five for a defense bonus. That was just an example, you can take it or leave it. 

i got my nation set up and here is the desription.

Name of Nation: Pegasonia

Government Type: dictatorship

Leader and their Title: Blackfire (General Blackfire)

Symbol/flag: a Pegasus in front of the sun and moon

Environment: south west of canterlot. Majority of city is in the clouds but has some land under it for its earth and unicorn citizens. Experiences mild winters and summers. Crops have a growing season in the spring though the summer and a little less in the fall. Has a major river running around the boundary of its land border. Little forests.

Two Primary Resources: primary crops and rainbow essence used in many manufactured goods.

Scarce resources: Gems and lumber

General Race Composition: mainly comprises of Pegasus in the clouds. But also has earth and unicorn’s working the farms and military of their ground forces.

General Race Description: Pegasus’s are generally the strong and fit because off there location and strong power earth pony’s and unicorns are not as strong but can still put up a decent fight and work productively

General Race Personality: Pegasus race are usually not fond of newcomers except when they are Pegasus fit and able to work in the factory’s or military. the earth and unicorns usually fond of having newcomers that are fit to help them work but shuns unfit pony’s

2 Primary Nation Traits: Industries and warlike

Culture and Description: the government believes that Pegasus are the superior race and believe others should work under them. That is why they live in the clouds while everypony else in stuck on the ground. They guard their borders heavily.

Buildings: buildings in the clouds are mainly made out of heavily fortified Clouds with a mixture of rainbow essence. The houses down on the ground are made out of the wood that was cleared out for farms when they first arrived.

History of the nation: Blackfire’s Dad (general Blackwing) had built this nation on the belief of Pegasus superiority and all others below. He made the earth and unicorn’s work down on the farms below and make sure all Pegasus were feed before anypony else. They vowed never to hurt other Pegasus unless they attacked first. Then when Blackfire’s dad past and Blackfire took charge she started to be more Levant and allowing earth pony’s and unicorns a little more freedom but still following under the Pegasus superiority and is only willing to let other earth and unicorns in is if they are fit to work as unhealthiness is not tolerated in there nation among the Earth and Unicorn pony’s

Foreign policy:befriend all those who follow or believe that Pegasus are the best race and put the other ones in the places

Quality of life:life is really good for the Pegasus up in the air but for the ponys on the ground I is really crappy unless they are in the military which is a slight upgrade other than that the ground ponys are having to fight each other for food on occasions.

Military power:has 3000 aviator ponys, 2000 ground mortar troops, 4000 light infantry

30 surface to sit missiles scattered across the country,1000 heavy infantry, 300 rolling cannon troops(3 troops at each cannon) 500 flet of ships with 10 ponys aboard each.

Edited by SilentFlight

Okay, well I'm going to need some help to set everything up, Is anyone interested in more or less Co-Creating with me and even Co-RP hosting?

I actually formally extend this offer to Safer-Stormgiggle for having great ideas. So basically if you're interested PM me and we'll see about setting everything up from rules, to the actual sheets and such.

This RP is currently undergoing development. Me and a team are working on rules and such as I post this so sit tight, we're nearly there. : )

As of now, OC's and Canon characters may be presented before the mods!

Should your character whether OC or Canon receive approval, then you make proceed to make the nation on the nation sheet. Wait for approval there and then we may start : )

• Brohoof 1

I won't ask to participate due to my lack of experience with roleplaying.

But I just had to say:

Sir, you had an awesome idea!

I have a question: what if we have a country ready to go, but OCs remain in development?

I'm in the same boat as you. But I'm afraid you need to submit your OCs first, and after they are approved, only then do you submit your nation. Them's the breaks