Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

Where would I post my leader interacting with my nation? As in a public speech or meeting?

Would that go in the Commonfolk or Nation thread?

Just in the normal politics thread... Italic the location do ur internal stuff

and when u wwant to nteract with others mention and post below... As ppl know that only the part below their name is meant for them

Well, it's just that it was supposed to be a really huge, really northern country. It doesn't really matter where it is in raltions to others, I just figured it should at least match the description I made for it.
 Half of these countries are northern and you're already the largest nation on the map. Tell you what though. I'll let you have Islands not taken, east and west of you, the mainland area under Volund control, the peninsula to the east under control of the Sovneigh Union that connects to your bay, and and some land on the western map bordering coast. You'll have 20% more land and you'll have control of the northern Ekri sea. Take it of leave it. Alrighty?

Other nations don't be afraid to interact with mine.    Don't worry I don't bite....   Actually maybe I might....
Your profile pic tells methat you will 

I was talking with lordav and we determined that my populations is at 250000 and I adjusted my army and navy fleet accordingly just check back at my nation sheet and tell me if that is ok
Your military is much smaller now, though it's size under that low of a population makes it the highest military to civilian ratio of any nation so far. You're approved, but you are allowed to have a much higher population if you so wish.

The map will be posted after Konyushnian borders are confirmed and you can see your nation then.

@@Lordav, Thank you for handling things while I was away.

Half of these countries are northern and you're already the largest nation on the map. Tell you what though. I'll let you have Islands not taken, east and west of you, the mainland area under Volund control, the peninsula to the east under control of the Sovneigh Union that connects to your bay, and and some land on the western map bordering coast. You'll have 20% more land and you'll have control of the northern Ekri sea. Take it of leave it. Alrighty?

Your profile pic tells methat you will  Your military is much smaller now, though it's size under that low of a population makes it the highest military to civilian ratio of any nation so far. You're approved, but you are allowed to have a much higher population if you so wish.

My population is small because a majority of my land is farmland which is why my nation produces an abundant amount of food and I may have a small military but I have my strategy when I do start getting into war with other nations because the location of my troops are concealed

My population is small because a majority of my land is farmland which is why my nation produces an abundant amount of food and I may have a small military but I have my strategy when I do start getting into war with other nations because the location of my troops are concealed
Ok, so majority of the population is up in the clouds, meaning that it is concentrated to a small area, while the ground bound labor force of course is stuck on the ground producing only enough food for the nations population. Yes? which would explain the small population for a decent chunk of land.

@@WindyParadise, Now I hope you have read each other's nation description, because the opinion of pegasi is very different between you two. 

Ok, so majority of the population is up in the clouds, meaning that it is concentrated to a small area, while the ground bound labor force of course is stuck on the ground producing only enough food for the nations population. Yes? which would explain the small population for a decent chunk of land.

@@WindyParadise, Now I hope you have read each other's nation description, because the opinion of pegasi is very different between you two.

That is a yes and no they do produce enough for the nation but they produce more because the unicorns that aren't in the military are taught special farming spells which allows them to harvest large feild with only a few unicorns and yes a majority of the population is comprised in the clouds because of the majority Pegasus population and that is where they manufacture goods and rainbow essences and I have read dominions nation description and I know what I am doing

That is a yes and no they do produce enough for the nation but they produce more because the unicorns that aren't in the military are taught special farming spells which allows them to harvest large feild with only a few unicorns and yes a majority of the population is comprised in the clouds because of the majority Pegasus population and that is where they manufacture goods and rainbow essences and I have read dominions nation description and I know what I am doing
Just making sure 

Yeah I have just been waiting for the meet and since you are the only one online Stormgiggle You can just have been the first one to arrive since you are using teleportation so you can arrive at Blackfire ship first

Alright. I hope the negotiations will go smoothly!  :)

@@SharpWit,

I'm planning on using a type of magical long distance communication to negotiate with the leaders of other nations so Crystal Tower doesn't have to travel all over the globe. I wanted to check with you first in case you think this is too OP. Here's how the magic operates:

Each team of envoys carries with them a large slab of pure, clear crystal. These slabs are magically connected to a massive master crystal slab located in Crystal Tower's throne room. Crystal Tower can see through the various crystal slabs using the master slab, and anyone looking through one of the various crystal slabs can see Crystal Tower through the master slab. These crystal slabs can also transmit sound to the master slab, and the master slab can transmit sound to any crystal slab.

Advantages gained by using crystal slabs:

• Can be used to communicate over extremely long distances
  • Communication is instantaneous

• It is very difficult for the communication to be intercepted

Drawbacks crystal slabs suffer:

• Crystal slabs are rather rare, and they can be shattered with enough force. There are only ten in existence, and they are very hard to replace if broken. They are never used in battle, as they cannot be allowed to fall into enemy hooves.
  • Image quality is murky at best. Words and complex pictures (like maps) cannot be shown through the crystals, as they will be rendered indiscriminately fuzzy because of the poor image quality.

• Communication between crystal slabs is impossible, a crystal slab can only communicate with the master slab. The master slab can communicate with any crystal slab.

• The master slab can only communicate with one crystal slab at a time.

• Only specialty trained unicorns can use the slabs. The slabs must remain powered by the unicorn the entire time the slab is in use.

• It is possible (but unlikely) that a very powerful magic user could intercept the signal linking the crystal slabs to the master slab, and spy on the communications.

Edited by Stormgiggle

@, You may go through with the slabs, but they must be delivered personally. You may not however use teleportation  as a means to travel great distances, move large objects, or numerous items. That means no more than a distance of 10 miles, more than 3 times, anything bigger than 100 feet squared, or weighing more than a ton, more than 2 dozen items. You may have items inside of other items and they wont count but don't forget weight. You may use more than one pony to teleport more but do so in moderation.

. You may not however use teleportation  as a means to travel great distances, move large objects, or numerous items. That means no more than a distance of 10 miles, more than 3 times, anything bigger than 100 feet squared, or weighing more than a ton, more than 2 dozen items. You may have items inside of other items and they wont count but don't forget weight. You may use more than one pony to teleport more but do so in moderation.

I was planing on unicorns teleporting over a distance of roughly ten miles (it is impossible (or should be impossible) to teleport to an exact location over long distances), resting for an hour or two, and then teleporting ten more miles. They would repeat this process until they arrived. Is this still acceptable?

Edited by Stormgiggle

I was planing on unicorns teleporting over a distance of roughly ten miles (it is impossible (or should be impossible) to teleport to an exact location over long distances), resting for an hour or two, and then teleporting ten more miles. They would repeat this process until they arrived. Is this still acceptable?

well if this were earth you could probably only teleport 3.1 miles. I'll allow for up to 100 miles a day, but this can only be done every other day, and by skilled unicorns only. By the way, we might need to add a scale to the map. I did some math based off of Impala being 2000 square miles, and it turns out that each pixel is roughly 2 miles. This plus your location means the minimum it would take to get anywhere other than Impala by land would take you 2 weeks. This of course can be rushed along in the role play. At the same time, the entire map is only about the size of the united states, so I'm wondering whether or not we should leave it, or increase the scale.

Edited by SharpWit

@@skbl17, Your Nation is going to be 100,800 miles squared from now on.

If we're going to measure it, I'd recommend checking the distance between Canterlot and Ponyville then cut it by half.  But Stormgiggle's way can work too.
 I really don't want to put the time and effort into finding that distance right now. I'm going off of earth measurements since it's easier. When we get to the point where we're not traveling instantly, I'll tell you guys how long it takes to get to wherever it is you're going.