Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

Hey is cool to join this? it looks very interesting, and im interested in joining.

Well submit a leader... if he/she's accepted... submit a nation... Then ur good to go ^^

Or you could take one of the cannon nations... tho i doubt u would =p

Well submit a leader... if he/she's accepted... submit a nation... Then ur good to go ^^

Or you could take one of the cannon nations... tho i doubt u would =p

ill probably make my own, i noticed that like, most of the nations on the list are all northern winter based cultures, ill go with the opposite. XD ill take a few minutes to write it all 

@@Skullbuster

Yeah.. i figured out you would... well here is a map of our... jolly little world =p

post-19589-0-53686400-1425043159_thumb.jpg

We have Ponssia and the Dominion as pegasus-hostile nations... Konyushinia and SU as russians.... Griffons as.... griffons =p

And Pegasonia and Aber (blue one) as pegasi and bat pony dominant. The two top-right nations are inactive... Also the north-western continent is magic-less

I have school to get to so I want everyone to think about what you're posting before you do. have a good time till I return

@@Skullbuster, Be more specific with her personality. How does she react to certain things? In what way is she crazy? And your back story needs a lot more work. Look at some of the the other character's profiles to get a gist of what you need.

@@SilentFlight,You still haven't posted yet. In fact no one has added to the role play so far today. Where is everyone!?

Edited by SharpWit

In fact no one has added to the role play so far today. Where is everyone!?

Yah... Ikr =p

Waiting for stuff to happen... Ik AmberDust haz probs... And shadow haz internet probs... But thats it =p

Maybe becuz its Friday =p

I have school to get to so I want everyone to think about what you're posting before you do. have a good time till I return

@@Skullbuster, Be more specific with her personality. How does she react to certain things? In what way is she crazy? And your back story needs a lot more work. Look at some of the the other character's profiles to get a gist of what you need.

@@SilentFlight,You still haven't posted yet. In fact no one has added to the role play so far today. Where is everyone!?

i expanded on her character sheet, how does that look?

• Brohoof 1

SharpWit. I'm officially giving you full control despite that your trial period isn't over yet. I think you're managing things quite well from what I've seen.

However, should you prove to be a tyrant any one of these RPers can send me a PM and I WILL dethrone you after a thorough investigation. I will for now be stepping out of the RP, but my nation is to be untouched and labeled as a Neutral. If you want you can add an event that would otherwise Isolate Volund from the other nations somehow (Much like Sombra did to the Crystal Empire)

• Brohoof 1

@@AmberDust, First of all, it was never shrunk. Second, I expanded it by 20%, and gave you control of a key water route. If you don't like the borders, invade a neighbor or expand upon unclaimed lands which I will set rules up for later

It's just that it doesn't really fit the (approved by DM) description I made for it anymore. But it's okay, whatever.

@@Skullbuster, Your character is approved. You may submit your nation. Please contact @@Lordav, for your  location onthe map.

@@The Shadow Stallion, Thank you sir! I will continue to do my best and folow through with your request sir! What do you mean by tyrant sir? 

@@SilentFlight, Sorry I'm saying this late but your post contradicts itself. You said that you couldn't come to an agreement and then decide you should make some agreements. Please fix that.

Edited by SharpWit

Nation Name: Cidonia

Government Type: Monarchy, chosen by priest or by who ever kills the current ruler

Flag/Symbol: black with an ancient egyptain style eye in the middle that is colored gold

Ruler(s) and title(s): Queen Salazaria Clepto

Environment: Desert, with a large river running through it @@Lordav, i was thinking here

Two Primary Resources: Gold and Gems

Two Scarce Resources: Timber and Coal

General Race Composition: 50% Earth Pony, 40% Pegasi 10% Unicorn

General Race Description: Ponies have average build, their clothing resembles that of ancient egypt

General Race Personality: Prideful and patriotic, as of late theres been a big push to seek out other nations. A general like of anything they view as exotic.

Two Primary Nation Traits: Prideful and religious.

Culture and Description: Population: 1,000,000. The ponies in Cidonia have an interesting social hierarchy.  While Earth Ponies are the most numerous they make up the work force and any intense manual labor is done by them weather it be farming or mining or construction work, however they are not treated as equals, they are treated as second class citizens.

Pegasi are considered the the majority class as far as society is concerned, they have the most rights.  They make up all the royal figures who run things up in the palace, and the noble class is made up exclusively of pegasi.  Pegasi take artistic and market based jobs, everything from sculptures and architects to salesman and market vendors.

Unicorns are similar to earth ponies, but treated a little better.  Unicorns are used as personal servants of the noble class and the ruling class.  Unicorns go through a special school until they are 18 and then they assigned to a handler.  Every unicorn has a pegasi handler that basically owns them, they take care of them and help them find other ponies who are in need of a servant, however mistreatment and neglect of unicorns is considered a major crime.

Religion in Cidonia is an interesting subject.  The main pantheon has 3 deities, a sun goddess, a river god, and a goddess of the desert.  The sun goddess is prayed to on a normal basis and is considered the main deity. The river god is thought to control the regular flooding of the main river that runs through the country and supplies it its food, he is primarily worshiped by earth pony farmers, and is thanks before each meal. The desert goddess is something that is both revered and feared, as she is the one who is thought to control the lands outside the country and all its mystery and danger. The leader of the country is also considered a minor deity and is thought to be a descendant of the sun goddess.

The ruling class follows a slightly different set of deities, in fact, only the sun goddess is the only one recognized and is thought to be the one who helps guide the priests to a new ruler if the previous ruler dies of old age.  The other gods are mainly used for control, the desert goddess to make sure the ponies dont leave into the desert and the river god to keep the earth ponies in line.

The country is sustained by annual flooding of the river which helps produce enough food to keep the country going, the river is also the countries main source of transportation from north to south

Due to its location, usable timber is scarce, so ships have been designed accordingly, most are small, but the larger ones are narrow to save on wood, the largest ships take the form of flatbed barges with structures built on them.

Manticores are tamed beasts, and are owned as pets by the wealthiest of the nobility.

Because Cidonia has been isolated for so long, it has started to fall behind as far as technology goes.

Buildings: Buildings are made of primarily sandstone and limestone, with the palace and nobility homes are lines with marble and gold, they take on very blocky shapes, they more wealthy you are the more decorations you could afford, ranging from statues to engravings. The palace is the most elegant building in the entire country, filled with lavish luxuries and 2 large pools one for swimming and the other for bathing, there is a smaller pool used for relaxing. Nobility homes are built with comfort in mind, often with fine luxury items as well.

Foreign Policy: Originally isolationist, however recently attitudes have changed and they have become interested in exploring

History: Cidonia is a nation 600 years old, founded on top of an older civilization that was taken over by a foreign power, this  war was between the native earth ponies and pegasi invaders, when the pegasi won they changed the country into was is now known as Cidonia, however it kept many similarities with the previous civilization, however earth ponies got the short end of the stick and were regarded as second class citizens, it is unknown where the unicorns originated from, it is theorized that a unicorn tribe came into their lands and were captured and kept for their usefulness around 500 years ago.  Interestingly enough, there is much interest in the old civilization and historical sites are revered.  Around 400 years ago the country was split into a northern and a southern kingdom, however about 250 years ago a bloody civil war raged and was ended when the ruler of the northern kingdom was killed by his brother, and then he declared himself king then with his superior leadership was able to force the south to surrender, reunifying the country.  However this began the unwritten rule of he who kills the ruler is the ruler, resulting in a lot of rulers with short reigns, most lasting about 10 years before they were killed, the previous ruler before Salazaria was only one of 5 rulers to die of old age, living to be an impressive 70.

Quality of Life: Very high, even earth ponies have semi decent housing

Military Power: There are 3 branches of the military, Air Land and Sea, totaling to around 50,000

Land: the land division is the largest, they have bronze and iron armor and weapons, with special swords, their armor using scales to layer on themselves, their armor and headdresses are highly decorated. Some ponies have a harness around the wing that can hold pole arms and pole shields. Unicorns have specialty roles, often being in charge of special weapons, such greek fire containers and ranged weapons, such as crossbows, every unicorn is accompanied by their handler. Earth ponies are used to carry equipment and pull chariots. Chariots usually contain one or two other ponies, either a pegasi or two, or a unicorn and its handler, used for quick and devastating charges. Manticore riders are considered to be the heavy units and are normally only used if needed, or to intimidate.

Sea: The sea force is the smallest in numbers, containing a few large triremes, several smaller assault skiffs, and a large siege barge.

Air: the air is comprised solely of pegasi with ranged weapons, used in force when a quick victory is needed, and is often used to initiate battle, it is the second smallest branch with around 7000 units

The military of Cidonia also employs siege weapons, in the form of ballistas and catapults, however they are rarely used due to their needlessly destructive nature.  However port cities have catapult turrets around the harbor.

Relations with other Nations: none

Current events affecting country: none

Edited by Skullbuster

@@Skullbuster, You're approved but I want you to include your population. I'll add you to the map and post it afterwards.

A reminder to all, technology ranges from anywhere before and up to late gunpowder era, and populations preferably range between 5 and 20 million. You don't have to be this far in technology and population, but just remember, you are responsible for the strength or your nation in comparison to others. If anyone would like to make changes to their nation, make a request please.

Also, I will be role playing as my nation, the Crystal Empire, and Equestria. I will submit both nations so you will know how to interact with them.

@@Skullbuster, You're approved but I want you to include your population. I'll add you to the map and post it afterwards.

A reminder to all, technology ranges from anywhere before and up to late gunpowder era, and populations preferably range between 5 and 20 million. You don't have to be this far in technology and population, but just remember, you are responsible for the strength or your nation in comparison to others. If anyone would like to make changes to their nation, make a request please.

Also, I will be role playing as my nation, the Crystal Empire, and Equestria. I will submit both nations so you will know how to interact with them.

If you want I could handle Equestria under the rule of Twilight Sparkle to take some load off of ya. I have her in my signature if you wish to see her app

I posted on the wrong thread =o

Behold my attention span

@@SharpWit,

So will tis mean it is winter everywhere   :pinkie: or is it just in the north   >_> .. cuz if a harsh winter is coming... this might force ppl to be more rash in the food crisis (which many of us have) and might speed up stuff a bit.

Ponssian... not Poissian... I make the same mistake but still =p

@@Derplight Sperkle,  I offered too =p

YOUR NOT DEAD! YEY!  :yay:

@@Skullbuster,

I am ready to interact

100132d1296727995-portelli-si-o-no-74-gu

Oh... i guess not that kind of interaction =/

Fine...

Diplomatic-Uniform.jpg

(You should specify who you meet... dont wait for them to find u... cuz thatll take some time)

• Brohoof 1

@@Lordav,  The winter is always harsh in the north. It's currently only effecting them. I'll post as it progresses. Quick question. What made you decide on naming your lieutenant Sharp? 

@@Derplight Sperkle, Like I've said to Lordav in a PM, we'll see. Though having Twilight around and getting involved in international affairs would make this rather interesting.

@@Skullbuster, Awesome! 

@@WindyParadise@@AmberDust, Please respond back to others as soon as possible, thank you

post-21192-0-00845600-1425155810_thumb.png

Alrighty! here it finally is!

Will post rules for colonial expansion soon

Edited by SharpWit