Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

I am adding my.first OC.

Ahaban Steelwings - http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ahaban-steelwings-r7418

IMPORTANT CHANGES!

Unlike in my usual history for Ahaban there are differences to fit for this setting.

Ahaban is slightly older (28-29)

Ahaban has grown slightly taller.

No longer a member of the Equestrian Strategies Group he is now a high ranking military official with the Royal Arabian Military.

I have one OC finished, one more is in development. I'll have my nation ready to go later today.

I should mention if you want an OC nation your character has to be approved before the nation.

Anyhow I guess I should say one of the ones I will be controlling is Norse themed. Viking ponies if you would. Mix of Earth ponies, Unicorn, and Pegasi. Leader will be a young Warchief/Oberjarl. Rough life, rough customs, and very very warlike.

But you can already come up with ideas for nations and such. Just remember you might have to temper your OC as to not OP them.

I need to take note of this, but I think I already did.

Those sounds really stupidly cool!

I want to join, but I have to think up a nation/leader first...

Or would you rather I be a common folk type of pony? What do you need more of?

Also, should the leaders be Alicorns?

I'm really tempted to just make Amber an Alicorn Princess for this. >_>

• Brohoof 1

@@AmberDust

AmberDust Princess is best princess. X3

Haha thanks :please:

What template are we supposed to use for our nations? The one in the original post, or the other one?

Okay, don't be mad at me, but I made this character with intentions to use her as the leader of a nation I thought up, if I may. She's a...yeah.

I completely understand if you don't want me to use her. :adorkable: My second choice is to use Amber as a regular citizen. :)

• Brohoof 1

If I may produce an OC (as it seems we need our OC before our nation), I will submit Seth Eclipse.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/seth-eclipse-r5475

He will be the Wolven Empire's main diplomat for any international affairs. The wolf tris to stay level-headed, but gets rather agitated when others waist his time.

For the leader of the Wolven Empire, I would like to place Iris wind.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/iris-wind-r5809

Born in a wolfpack, she was betrayed early on as a teen. She left her clan, takeiń up refuge in the empire. She soon took a high role in wolven life, becoming empress. She is not trusting of outsiders, but loves her people.

I have a few more questions about this OP:

- How far are we allowed to go technology-wise? Should we keep things as close to canon as possible, or are we granted free reign?

- Should your OC be separate from your country's leader, or can your main OC be the country's leader?

Thanks in advance!

Saddle Arabia

Monarchy

Lead by:

Fulani Assarani-hafu

Ismina Assarani-hafu

Flag: A four pointed star crossed by two scimitars with a yellow background.

Terrain: Western coastline: Scattered villages and major Ports.

Southern deserts: scattered villages and military outposts.

Northern plains: Urban cities and villages. Apple orchards and plantations.

Eastern mountains/deserts: urban cities, Capitol city. Military installations.

Exports/ resources: Oil and fruits (mostly apples)

Scarcity Resources: Timber and Gold (That can be used right?)

Races: All pony races exist, mostly pegasi and earth ponies. Unicorns are generally among royal families.

Behavior: Arabians uphold a high sense of honor. Whilst hesitant about dealing with a foreign countries they are utmost cooperative to their own benefits.

Traits: Industrial and Militarized (military prepareness) .

Culture: The Arabians value the stars as omnipotent guardians and their culture revolves around the fortune and guidance of the divine stars. Arabic is the main language.

Materials: Urban cities are constructed with materials such as mortar, concrete and steel.

Village homes are of mortar clay and wood.

Standard of Living: Moderate (1st World 3rd World mix)

Military Prowess: Industrial technology:

Firearms.

Armored vehicles.

Organized Ground Army

Organized Navy.

Armored Warships.

Aircraft yet to be developed.

Current Events: Inland Terrorism.

International relations: Griffon Kingdom (friendly terms)

Main National Theme: Lament of Divine Heaven

(Heavens Divide - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker ost)

War Theme - Wrath of the Stars

(Metal Gear Music.Collection - Zanzibarland Breeze [Konami Club revise] )

---

Can there be an example of foreign policy?

Edited by IllusivePony

First, Fulani needs some more work done on Personality. Sorry Illusive, you've shown me your potential in the past XD Just a bit more of personality. Some actual flaws to his personality are highly recommended. Fix some things and Resubmit for 2nd Review : )

Second we have.... Bright Idea. This one I really like and have no real complaints other then to remember to not OP their power. 2/3's the strength of Celestia with like 1 stat that can be their equal, alright. So ACCEPTED! ^.^

Third, I will answer Amberdust's questions. Be whichever you want, leader, commonfolk, your choice : ). Leaders can be Alicorns but it is not a MUST. They can be of any race.

Fourth, Amberdust, your character... Personality is a bit mary-sueish. I'm not really seeing any flaws. Add some, your character must have flaws. Can't be picture perfect. Also, More details on the history, specifically the Beginning part of her life. Like I need a lot more to go on, sorry Amber ^.^" Fix these things and resubmit for 2nd review. : )

Fifth arkman, I like the first character's history, but you need more personality please on Seth. As for second character, I don't really like the tie in with one of the main six ponies : / I will have to debate this, if you feel like changing the history I would encourage it, but it isn't a must right now. I'm debating. But first character, add some more personality, be more in depth and resubmit : )

Sixth, for skbl, Technology-wise, No futuristic type weaponry. I don't want plasma and such flying all over the place. I'd prefer we'd stick with medieval weaponry and magic, but cannons and such are valid options, maybe some armored vehicles, but they have to have exploitable weaknesses. Weaponwise. As for home tech, meaning non-military related tech, keep the show canon, safe bet. Your main OC can be the country leader, it doesn't matter. You can have multiple OC's as well.

Seventh, Illusive.... wait for OC's approval, just because you are a friend and have helped me out in the past doesn't mean I will give you more priveleges then others.

• Brohoof 1

Sixth, for skbl, Technology-wise, No futuristic type weaponry. I don't want plasma and such flying all over the place. I'd prefer we'd stick with medieval weaponry and magic, but cannons and such are valid options, maybe some armored vehicles, but they have to have exploitable weaknesses. Weaponwise. As for home tech, meaning non-military related tech, keep the show canon, safe bet. Your main OC can be the country leader, it doesn't matter. You can have multiple OC's as well.

Thanks for the tips and pointers. As far as I can tell, the show has everything from cannons to arcade machines to hydroelectric dams to those "futuristic" computers Twilight had in the basement of her old library.

In general, is it safe for me to assume 1960s-70s at the latest for non-military tech? I wasn't planning to go full on Tron or Star Trek military-wise, but I'm okay with keeping things more or less old-fashioned on the military side of things.

Resubmission
http://mlpforums.com...h-eclipse-r5475
He will be the Wolven Empire's main diplomat for any international affairs. The wolf tries to stay level-headed, but gets rather agitated when others waist his time. He personally has a soft spot for the average person, however he has a tenancy to dislike the royal types, as his past with royalty aggravates his tensions towards them. Outside the diplomatic halls, Seth is a calm, nice person if you get to know him. However, achieving such a status is the hard part. He rarely trusts others with anything that is not needed (his personal life primarily guarded). The wolf also tends to like children, willing to push peace if any young are to be harmed otherwise. Why that is, he will never say. Secrets are his life, and he will keep them that way.

For the leader of the Wolven Empire, I would like to place Iris wind.
http://mlpforums.com...iris-wind-r5809
Born in a wolfpack, she was betrayed early on as a teen. She left her clan, taking up refuge in the empire. She soon took a high role in wolven life, becoming empress. She is not trusting of outsiders, but loves her people. She isn't afraid of declaring war if needed, but rather not get involved with other's issues. If someone were to ask her for assistance, they will have a chance, depending on the case.

(ignore the addition of RD. It was not necessary)

Fourth, Amberdust, your character... Personality is a bit mary-sueish. I'm not really seeing any flaws. Add some, your character must have flaws. Can't be picture perfect. Also, More details on the history, specifically the Beginning part of her life. Like I need a lot more to go on, sorry Amber ^.^" Fix these things and resubmit for 2nd review. : )

Sueish? Haha Ive never been at this end of that weapon! Fair enough, though. I made her in only a few minutes because I needed a leader to go with my nation. If I come up with more, I'll tell you. :)

Until then, how about Amber? (In sig)

Here's my country submission! Much like this post, it's a doozy. This is only part of the post, I still have a few sections to add! ;)

Name: Metropolitan Republic of Port Impala

Capital and largest city: None. Port Impala is a city-state.

Language(s): Equestrian serves as the only official language, but some official business is also done in Zebrican and Caninian, two languages spoken by an estimated 25% of the population.

Currency: The constitution specifies that the Port Impalan laet (L) is to be the city-state's currency and is to be the sole form of legal tender. Despite this constitutional restriction, the Currency Authority maintains an exception for ports of entry; as such, Equestrian bits are accepted at some duty-free locations, such as the main seaport.

Demographics: The population of Port Impala is 5,835,679 as of the last census. Just over 72% of the population are ponies, with non-ponies making up the remaining 28%. Of the 72% that are ponies, a slim majority - 51% - are earth ponies, with pegasi at 29% and unicorns at 20%. Uniquely, due to historic circumstances, winged unicorns make up 0.57% of the city-state's population; Port Impala is the only country in the world where winged unicorns make up more than 0.01% of the population.

Flag description: The two-striped flag is white and blue; white making up the right stripe, and blue making up the left stripe. A white anchor is superimposed at the top-left corner of the blue stripe. This flag, popularly dubbed the "anchor flag", has been in use for seventy years.

Location: Port Impala is a coastal city-state, with its namesake, the Impala River, bisecting the city. The city-state sits 2,000 miles south of Equestria.

Politics and government: Port Impala is usually considered to be a parliamentary republic, with legislative, judicial, and executive powers separated into three branches. The national constitution, last amended twenty years prior to the roleplay, provides extensive rights and freedoms to the city-state's residents, while allowing for an extensive initiative system to allow citizens to have a direct role in the lawmaking process. Despite these extensive measures, the constitution allow contains an "emergency clause" that allows the government to curtail rights and liberties during a state of emergency.

Executive powers are divided between the Mayor and the Cabinet. As with many other parliamentary systems, the Mayor acts as the head of state but plays a mostly ceremonial role in national affairs. The Mayor has the constitutional authority to appoint and dismiss Cabinet members, approve the national budget, grant assent to legislation, assemble and dissolve the Metropolitan Assembly, and command the country's armed forces, but the Mayor can only exercise most of these powers on the advice of the Premier. Mayors are appointed by the Metropolitan Assembly for five-year terms, but there are no term limits. The current Mayor of Port Impala is Bronze Cane.

Most executive power in the city-state is vested in the Cabinet, whose members are appointed by the Mayor. Cabinet members and their associated ministries are responsible for day-to-day administration of the city-state, but are ultimately responsible to the Metropolitan Assembly, who confirms Cabinet members. The most powerful and most-known member of the Cabinet is the Premier, who more or less acts as the de facto leader of the country. The current Premier of Port Impala is Bright Idea.

All legislative powers are vested in a unicameral legislature, the eighty-seat Metropolitan Assembly. The constitution tasks the Metropolitan Assembly with, among other powers, drafting and passing legislation, confirming Cabinet members, declaring war, and drafting a national budget. All eighty members of the legislature are elected every five years - or sooner, if the government is brought down in a vote of no confidence - using an open list proportional representation system. The 39th Metropolitan Assembly, the current session of the legislature, is divided as follows:

- Unity and Cooperation Party [uCP] (41/80)

- National Alliance [NA] (24/80)

- Impalan Development Party [iDP] (12/80)

- Independents (3/80)

Finally, there is an independent judicial system, headed by the Court of Appeals, whose seven members are tasked with judicial review of all national laws, oversight of the impeachment trials of government officials, and acting as the court of final appeal in all court cases in the city-state. All magistrates on the Court of Appeals are appointed by the Mayor on the advice of the Premier and are confirmed by the Metropolitan Assembly for lifelong terms. Beneath the Court of Appeals exist five district courts, all of which are tasked with trivial judicial matters. Magistrates for the district courts are appointed by the Court of Appeals.

Major holidays: Foundation Day, celebrated on October 1, commemorates the end of the Impala Wars and the establishment of Port Impala's independence. The other two national holidays of note are Constitution Day (May 17; ratification of the Constitution) and Wayside Day (November 15; outside of the emergency services, no work can be done on this day).

Economy: Port Impala's national economy is centered around trade, medicine, and finance. The aptly-named Port of Impala is one of the busiest and most successful in the world; the large amounts of tonnage that passes through the port, and the associated processing and shipping responsibilities, acts as a major financial windfall for the economy. For instance, the port serves as the largest employer in the city-state, with more than 62,000 employees working in a department directly attached to port operations and maintenance.

In recent decades, the government has also focused on nurturing and increasing the importance of the country's medical and financial sectors both as a means of increasing its economic importance globally and diversifying the economy away from the port. Port Impala acts as a bit of a tax haven, and prides itself on being a "fantastic" place to do business; with its relatively lax regulations, notable academic accounting and finance programs, and the country's bank account secrecy system, numerous financial firms and companies have established headquarters or regional offices within the city-state. The public Port Impala Medical University churns out a significant number of nurses, doctors, and surgeons; combined with the government's increased interest in the pharmaceutical sector, the country possesses a huge healthcare sector. Outside of these three sectors, the lack of barriers to entry in most other industries and an aggressive entrepreneurial push has led to the growth of small and midsize businesses in the city-state.

On average, the unemployment rate hovers around 3.8%, but is prone to fluctuations depending on how well the Port of Impala is doing financially. When global shipping declines, unemployment rates tend to increase a bit due to the removal of port-related jobs.

Defense and law enforcement: The city-state maintains fairly large defense forces. The country's military, the Port Impalan Armed Forces, is composed of 8,800 active troops. Most of the country's active military personnel are part of the navy as opposed to the army, with 55% of the country's military personnel enlisted in the naval forces. However, the military in general is rarely seen in action outside of exercises, natural disasters, and national parades.

Much of the city-state's security is provided by the Port Impala Police Division, a law enforcement agency made up of more than 40,000 uniformed personnel.

Land area: 2,000 km2 (1,242.7 mi2)

Education: The country has a well-developed education system composed of both public and private schools. All public schools in the city-state are operated by the Public Education Authority, a statutory agency of the municipal government. The PEA-operated public school system is composed of more than 440 institutions, including 235 primary schools, 102 secondary schools, 20 specialized schools, and 3 cram schools, providing an education to more than 622,200 students.

Private schools and international schools also exist in the city-state. None of them are tax-supported and, depending on the school's owner, can teach religious content, offer vocational programs, or follow an international curriculum. More than 220,000 students utilize the private schools.

The flagship university in the city-state is the publicly-owned Metropolitan University of Port Impala (commonly known as MetroU,) which teaches more than 23,600 undergraduate and 3,400 graduate students. MetroU acts as a general interest school, with various degrees offered in a multitude of fields. Specialized universities also operate in the city-state, including the Impalan Technical Institute and the aforementioned Port Impala Medical University. Currently, only two private universities exist; Haymouth University, the largest private institution in the country, offers similar programs and activities to those of MetroU, which has set up a bit of a rivalry between the two. The collegiate curricula are considered challenging which, combined with the social expectation that all students who attend a college must graduate with high grades, has led to stressful lives for many students in the city-state.

Climate and geography: Port Impala has a coastal, semi-tropical climate, with cool and fairly dry winters and hot, humid summers. Unlike most other countries, Port Impala's weather is not controlled by the city-state; weather is allowed to happen naturally. In terms of geography, Port Impala is mostly flat, with few hills to speak of. The land that Port Impala is very fertile, with the Impala River bisecting the city-state from east to west.

Life expectancy and healthcare: The average life expectancy for Port Impalans is 80.1 years, with females faring slightly better overall than males. For four decades, Port Impala has also maintained a national healthcare system and provides all citizens with universal health care, but private institutions are allowed to exist in the private sector. However, of the 47 clinics and hospitals in the city-state, only 14 are privately-owned.

Edited by skbl17

Crud.... I was hoping I would get to be lazy and no one would show up. Grrrrr now I got to come up with this idea.... Give me some time, It will take some if I am to do this correctly alright .3.

From Henceforth the RP will be made, but will be a WIP as I setup the nation sheet, OC sheet, etc.

Alright everypony I have a rough draft of what the Nation OC sheet will look like and I want OPINIONS on it. Don't use it to submit a nation quite yet as this is SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Name of Nation:

Government Type: Democracy, Monarchy, etc. (You can even describe what kind of govt. it is)

Leader and their Title:

Symbol/flag: Optional

Environment (And location in relation to canterlet, basically north south etc): Describe what kind of environment is generally seen in your nation or if you have a mix of environments tell about them as well.

Two Primary Resources: (Anything from Apples, to Timber, to good Iron, etc. This is what your nation will mainly trade in)

General Race Composition: (Basically what race or races comprise the general population of your nation)

General Race Description: (This is mainly for single race nations but can work for multiples. Is the breed of pony or w/e here different then ponies and such born elsewhere? Are they larger, smaller, weaker, stronger? Don't OP this)

General Race Personality: How does the race act towards newcomers, friends, are they forgiving or hold a grudge. Every nation has a general reputation for their personality what is yours?

2 Primary Nation Traits: (Warlike, Industrious, Peaceful, Techy, etc.)

Culture and Description: This may fall in with Race personality, but a tell a bit about the culture. Any general or specific beliefs?  Superstitions? etc.?

Buildings: Optional. Basically what materials does your empire generally use in the construction of their buildings, fortifications, etc. What are your buildings made from. Stone, Straw, Wood, etc.

History of the nation:

So, do I use this one, or the other one in the originbal post? (if my character's accepted)

By the way, i made some adjustments to her profile, if you'd care to take  a look: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/princess-horizon-dust-r7832

Edited by AmberDust

I say no for premade alliances, it gives nations an unfair starting advantage over others. Gotta RP that out, Illusive.

skbl, you've went above and beyond with your nation, but why didn't you use the Nation sheet I had set up and then add the other stuff in? Could you please do it like that? It makes it easier on me as the head mod. x.x My standards are kind of unprepared for this Nation sheet ^.^"

Use the Nation sheet on the 1st page of this thread.

Also I probably won't be doing any character checking and such until tomorrow or maybe even the weekend. I have had a very trying few days in real life, but I will get on to this ASAP.

Um, Seth should be good to go. Iris as well, arkman. : )

I'd like more Personality and History for Blackfire as well as Silentflight. Just go into more detail with personality and history. Add flaws to their personalities and such. : ) The more flaws, the more realistic they seem, also it prevents you from making them into mary/gary-sues and no one wants that x.x

Fulani should be good to go.

My only problems with Defiant Shadow are the powers. I'm not too fond of mind control though you did mention weak-willed ponies, you will have to specify what is considered weak-willed. and Teleportation. Tell me the limits of these and the other powers of Defiant Shadow.

Princess Horizon seems to be okay now. so Approval there.

The approved are:

Princess Horizon

Fulani

Seth

Iris