Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP Nations; Peace, Trade and War [OOC, Discuss, War, Dark, Politics, Adventure]

The Shadow Stallion

Yes trains and stuff will be allowed.

This is a light raid, its not attacking any major city of anything like that. Undefended border town, probably 50 villagers max (That adds up to about 5 being killed and 10 being captured. With 35 survivors that will probably send a messenger to you to deal with these raids). This was more to draw you into getting involved into RPing with/against my nation.

Aah. I see. It just feels out of place though...seeing as Konyushniya is/was a military powerhouse, I figured most nations wouldn't risk starting a war with it.

I guess I'd better retaliate.

Im mostly informed on everything before the 1400s

Only things I like past that is the age of piracy and the two world wars.

Amberdust, don't assume your military is 100% THE BEST. Also this is a raid, not a declaration of war. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Also I need to throw in that most nations don't even really know each other right now, or at least don't have any diplomatic ties.

Im mostly informed on everything before the 1400s

Only things I like past that is the age of piracy and the two world wars.

Amberdust, don't assume your military is 100% THE BEST. Also this is a raid, not a declaration of war. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Also I need to throw in that most nations don't even really know each other right now, or at least don't have any diplomatic ties.

Im more in rome... High middle ages... 1700-1800 (line warfare is stupid but awsome) and the WWs...

Leader has to be accepted BEFORE i post the nation. Right?

I love the world wars... Mainly 2 because it was so dark and scary. I know they were terrible events, but the warfare and the genius ideas that were made, thought up of, and failed were amazing. Like Hitler's Mega tank, A tank as big as a 2 story house. Prototype, never completed and impractical. But it was soo cool XD

Yes, leader, then nation. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow on this. Going to sleep now .3. cya tomorrow.

I love the world wars... Mainly 2 because it was so dark and scary. I know they were terrible events, but the warfare and the genius ideas that were made, thought up of, and failed were amazing. Like Hitler's Mega tank, A tank as big as a 2 story house. Prototype, never completed and impractical. But it was soo cool XD

Yes, leader, then nation. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow on this. Going to sleep now .3. cya tomorrow.

Yeah i know... ther Ratte prototype. Battleship cannon for a gun... He did make the Gustav cannon eventually tho.

Might i ask what an average population and army size would be.... I came up with 10mil and 1 mil... but something tells me thats way too much...

Night!

@@Lordav, Just to let you know, my nation is based off of the German Empire, and also, your character is the second most aryan pony I've seen next to Aryan Race XD

I only plan to bask the flag, millitary and a bit of the history after Prussia... Nothing more... No language/names... The rest would be general European =p.. Also... I still think his cute =p

Well, for populations I was thinking more in the 100 thousands range with a cap at 1 million. Military probably in the 10 thousands range with a cap of probably 100,000 soldiers, Maybe 300,000 as max cap.

I understand mein freunde.  Take your time : )

Sounds neat.

Alright Amberdust. You did say you wanted to get into the RP somehow....

Well, for populations I was thinking more in the 100 thousands range with a cap at 1 million. Military probably in the 10 thousands range with a cap of probably 100,000 soldiers, Maybe 300,000 as max cap.

Well that wasnt hard to edit... was scare of someting like 10k... Mine should be done now... waiting for posting permission.... overlord

:blink:  So let me get this straight. Technology as far as Gunpowder, with the exception of some industrial revolution, with populations so low that they haven't been seen in recorded history, and we're not expected to wipe each other off the face of the earth. Are we doing nations or city states?

Well I need to approve Lordav lol

Thats why i said

"waiting for posting permission.... overlord"

:blink:  So let me get this straight. Technology as far as Gunpowder, with the exception of some industrial revolution, with populations so low that they haven't been seen in recorded history, and we're not expected to wipe each other off the face of the earth. Are we doing nations or city states?

Maybe there are some very good medics tat can make sure no one dies...nomatter the injury..." cannonball to the head... no prob... u need another lung"

You should be fine. My country (city-state) has a population of a little over 9.5 million, and it was approved.

Plus, the "as far as gunpowder" restriction only applies to military technology as far as I can tell. There are few restrictions on civilian technology as far as I can tell, you must keep things in line with canon. Because I've seen everything from wooden carts to arcade machines and bowling alleys in the show, I'd say that the canon line is vague at best.

Edited by skbl17

You should be fine. My country (city-state) has a population of a little over 9.5 million, and it was approved.   Plus, the "as far as gunpowder" restriction only applies to military technology as far as I can tell. I don't think there are any restrictions on civilian technology as far as I can tell.
Oh technology wasn't an issue. It's just that I  was staged for war at numbers that were closer to the Napoleonic era, and my population was set at 35 million, which I had cut in half from my original number. If my numbers are set up this low that changes my military size, my economy, my industrial power, everything. We might as well be pre-war eastern Europe.

Really tired, but Im going to attempt to explain my reasoning.

Equestria probably does not have 1 million population in it. I dont think other nations would nearly be as big as Equestria so yeah.

Lame argument I know but Im really tired right now. I dont think that the entire MLP world would have too large of a population, if equestria is anything to go by, much of the land is untamed wilderness and what parts are cities are rather small.

You should be fine. My country (city-state) has a population of a little over 9.5 million, and it was approved.

Plus, the "as far as gunpowder" restriction only applies to military technology as far as I can tell. There are few restrictions on civilian technology as far as I can tell, you must keep things in line with canon. Because I've seen everything from wooden carts to arcade machines and bowling alleys in the show, I'd say that the canon line is vague at best.

That must be a hell of a city... As the biggest city in the 1800s was london... With only 1mil =o

I mean i dont think he read about the population when he approved it... Cuz he just said the cap should be 1 mil =p

He said it here:

Well, for populations I was thinking more in the 100 thousands range with a cap at 1 million. Military probably in the 10 thousands range with a cap of probably 100,000 soldiers, Maybe 300,000 as max cap.

I mean here =p /\

Oh technology wasn't an issue. It's just that I was staged for war at numbers that were closer to the Napoleonic era, and my population was set at 35 million, which I had cut in half from my original number. If my numbers are set up this low that changes my military size, my economy, my industrial power, everything. We might as well be pre-war eastern Europe.

Well that is still a bit much... If we are talking napoleonic... Total millitary casualties (colonies included) were 3.5million and another 3million civilians... I mean during that time the population of all europe (western russia included) was between 100-200million... Of which 35 in a single country is pretty much.

And speaking if army... Napoleons grand arme was the biggest army at the time and numbered (included soldiers in the failed invasion of russia) about 1 million

Really tired, but Im going to attempt to explain my reasoning.

Equestria probably does not have 1 million population in it. I dont think other nations would nearly be as big as Equestria so yeah.

Lame argument I know but Im really tired right now. I dont think that the entire MLP world would have too large of a population, if equestria is anything to go by, much of the land is untamed wilderness and what parts are cities are rather small.

There's no official canon estimate for the population, but I'd think 1 million would be very small for a country as influential and large as Equestria. Based on the amenities it has (skyscrapers, subways, etc.), I think Manehattan alone is easily 1 million.

That must be a hell of a city... As the biggest city in the 1800s was london... With only 1mil =o

I mean i dont think he read about the population when he approved it... Cuz he just said the cap should be 1 mil =p

Well, let's breakdown what he said on tech levels: "gunpowder" at the latest for military tech, and "as close to canon as possible" for other technology. However, in canon, we've seen everything from steam trains to arcade machines to bowling alleys to 1950s-style computers to hydroelectricity. If I had to guess, the average level of technology in Equestria matches the very late 1800s. In 1900, the world's largest city was London, with a population of 6 million. By 1936, the population of New York surpassed 10 million.

Keeping that in mind, I've decided to cut my country's population by nearly half, from 9.5 million to 5.8 million.

There's no official canon estimate for the population, but I'd think 1 million would be very small for a country as influential and large as Equestria. Based on the amenities it has (skyscrapers, subways, etc.), I think Manehattan alone is easily 1 million.

Well, let's breakdown what he said on tech levels: "gunpowder" at the latest for military tech, and "as close to canon as possible" for other technology. However, in canon, we've seen everything from steam trains to arcade machines to bowling alleys to 1950s-style computers to hydroelectricity. If I had to guess, the average level of technology in Equestria matches the very late 1800s. In 1900, the world's largest city was London, with a population of 6 million. By 1936, the population of New York surpassed 10 million.

Keeping that in mind, I've decided to cut my country's population by nearly half, from 9.5 million to 5.8 million.

Still... Theres a prob if u think like that... ANY country with access to that pevel of civilian tech would be crazy to not millitarise it. Steam trains are pretty old... Bowling alleys... Dont really need tech... But i dont recall any computers or dams around...

Ps. I dont see how such a big city state could sustain itself... Take venice... The most succesful CS... They needed to conquer to support their pop food-wise... As trading all the food to sustain 5mil... Pretty hard

Still... Theres a prob if u think like that... ANY country with access to that pevel of civilian tech would be crazy to not millitarise it. Steam trains are pretty old... Bowling alleys... Dont really need tech... But i dont recall any computers or dams around...

Ps. I dont see how such a big city state could sustain itself... Take venice... The most succesful CS... They needed to conquer to support their pop food-wise... As trading all the food to sustain 5mil... Pretty hard

When I mention "1950s-style computer", I'm thinking of the one Twilight used in Feeling Pinkie Keen, and when I mention the dam, I'm talking about the one near Ponyville seen in "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" and "It's About Time".

Also lets not forget. It is believed that most ponies ave a counterpart in the EG world (if u take it cannon)... And most of them fit in a school =p