Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you do anything for a loved one?

Ricebug

Anything?

As in anything at all?

Of course not.

If it were in a case where one of my parents told me to murder someone, I'd simply refuse to and call the cops.

As much as love my parents (and trust me, I love my parents), I would never carry out dirty deeds for them of any sort.

But to be completely honest, I would be willing to do anything for them at my expense only.

Edited by Emerald Starlight

At my expense? Yeah, I would.

At some random person's expense? Hell freaking no.

I would almost certainly harm myself if it meant benefitting someone else... I've done that before, on numerous occasions. It's a bad habit that I have. That said, I would never harm someone else to benefit someone I love. That's playing favoritism, and I don't do that.

As an example: If I had to, I would give up my own sandwich to feed my kids, but I would never steal another kid's sandwich to feed my own kids. I just wouldn't. I draw the line there.

I also tend to hold very... impersonal views of morality, so there's that. Like, I'm not going to kill a hundred people to save someone I love. I wouldn't. I couldn't. If it came down to it, I would sacrifice someone I love to save a hundred people.

This is why I absolutely hated the ending of The Last of Us...

Someone once told me this means I don't really know what love is, and maybe they're right. But to me, love is an emotion. I will always choose doing the right thing over following my emotions, a hundred times out of a hundred. I will do anything for someone I love, but only up to the point that what I'm doing isn't breaking my (logic-based) moral code.

Edited by Regulus

I would definitely do a lot for those whom I love, but to say that I would do anything would be a lie.  There's a threshold which I would not cross, for one reason or another.  If it involved self-sacrifice, that's not much of an issue, and I would gladly give of myself in such a situation.  There is one special exception I have, but otherwise, there's a limit to what I would do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm one who can act quite irrationally in some situations...if a loved one was in danger, I'd most likely act on emotions and come straight to their aid and do whatever necessary to protect them. Only once they were safe would I realise what I'd just done  :muffins:

But yeah, I suppose that I would do almost anything for a loved one. If you're not prepared to go the extra mile for those special to you, than eh...I dont know. It just seems to be a natural response to form a protective barrier around them, y'know?  :please:

I would do everything for someone I loved relationship wise, within reason of course but I feel far less towards my Family for some reason, I would help them out but they barely ever help me out so, you give what you get. 

It depends on how passionate I am for this 'Loved One' since I am quite a egotistic and selfish for myself sometimes, this loved one needs to be of great importance to me, or I am extremely passionate for this loved one, if their family, then it depends on which member, if their a relationship of mine then it depends on how long we have been together and care for one another, God I usually go weird and put thought into what should be such a simple post. 
In the end, yes for a serious loved one, I would do anything.

Would I DO ANYTHING?

Would I do anything?

Well, yes, obviously; I would do something.

But I would not do everything. I have endured terrible pain and come close to death many a time and I would preserve myself above all. I do not want to go through hideous and agonizing horrors to save a loved one. And I know that this is a fact. I am not proud; I just know myself too well to delude myself. I am not selfless.

I'd do anything to protect them even if it meant dying yes. I'd do anything to make them feel better, help them, comfort them, guide them, whatever it takes. As of now I'm actually doing such a thing. I'm doing everything I can to bring a smile to their face, as they actually suffer different things and take medication for it. I love them more than anyone though and I'm actually happy to help them each day when or if they need it.

• 1 month later...

A family member or one of my best, true friends? Yes.

Most anyone else? No. I'd like to say yes but that's simply not the truth.

• 3 years later...

I'd like to think I would do anything for a loved one. One never knows if he/she will actually come through on their lofty proclamations when the time actually comes, but with family or other loved ones I really think it's more instinctual to just act and not think about anything else but their well-being. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...