Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name Your Greatest Strength and your Biggest Weakness

A Black Circle

Greatest strength- pretty accepting. I tend to keep an open mind about people so I don't have a hard time having friends of different backgrounds whether they're cheerleaders or total eggheads.

Greatest weakness- my social anxiety. It has gone down since I've been seeing a psychiatrist, but I still have trouble putting myself in the spotlight.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

My greatest strength is the empathy I have for others.

My greatest weaknesses are my emotional flaws, rage, depression, insecurity, pessimism, and so on: to summarize, negativity. I feel crushed and overwhelmed my negativity right now and that slowly erodes the good aspects of who I am as a person.

Oooooh

Hmmm

Is this just emotional attributes, or anything?

Ima go with anything

Strengths:

-My Talents

-Spatial Reasoning

-Singing Voice

-Reading Speed

-Debating skills

-Critical thinking

-Empathy

Weaknesses:

-My AntiTalents

-I am terrible at maths. I mean I can do GCSE level easily enough, and mental arithmetic I'm great, but any advanced maths I just fail at xD

-I dislike music theory with a vengeance (same feeling I have towards advanced maths)

-My handwriting is terrible, and my spelling isn't particularly good

-I have a severe lack of self esteem, which impacts on other things, such as confidence (although I'm currently improving that I think)

-Psychological thing.

-Randomly fluctuating mood.

-Lack of motivation in everything

-Lack of self discipline

-Lack of. 

Ok, nvm, this is getting into depressing territory xD

Yeah, everybody has strengths and weaknesses, I have more weaknesses than listed here, but hey ho.

Greatest strength:  I get along with basically anyone.  When I don't like someone, you know for sure that they must be a huge jerk.

Greatest weakness: I hate being serious.  When a time rolls around where I need to be serious, I hate it and literally do all I can to avoid it.

Greatest strength? Uh, the fact that I can be a very loving/sympathetic person?...

greatest weakness: The fact that I can be such a loving/sympathetic person...XD

Unfortunately, I am very easily guilted into doing things that I don't want to do, even if said person isn't trying to guilt me in the first place. XD

Greatest strengths: Thinking in a positive way, making everypony smile and works hard to get everything done. 

Weaknesses: Losing control over some things that are not going my way and thinking about my past.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Strengths: Friendly, loving, and very neat.

Weaknesses: Trust too easily, care too much, laziness, amxiety, depression, and my inability to do math.

Strengths:

*Friendly towards friendly people

*Extremely intelligent, particularly in mathematical and political subjects.

*Accepting of others

Weaknesses:

*Physically out of shape

*Socially inept

*A wreck mentally

Edited by TwillyFSniper

Greatest strength - Time management. I really hate it when people are late and thus I hold myself to a high standard when it comes to punctuality and being on time.

Biggest weakness - Noise. I think I have some form of auditory hyperacuity, loud/consistent noise really plays on my mind and even starts hurting after a while.

Strengths: Well, apparently i'm really creative and I can come up with pretty good strategies/plans on the fly. I'm a decent leader and motivator. I'm pretty intelligent (I hope?) so I know tons of useless knowledge, like algebra. One or two people claim i'm a good writer, so make of that what you will. I'm pretty stubborn and definitely not a pushover. I generally get along with people unless I accidentally insult them. I also tend to enjoy change, unless a change sucks. I also have a great taste in music (In my opinion). I can also draw fairly well. Mentally, I think i'm fairly mature for my age.

Flaws: I procrastinate so much. I also apparently have self esteem and confidence issues. Trust me, the two of those flaws together are a terrible combination. I apparently have trouble working in certain groups and going along with other people's ideas. I also tend to get distracted easily and apparently I sometimes insult people without knowing. I'm also pretty unreliable when it comes to deadlines. Oh yeah, I have a habit of setting unreasonably high expectations for myself and beat myself up for mistakes that I made years ago. I also compare myself to lots of people I look up to. And that's not counting how forgettable and unorganized I am.

Edited by Shift

Strength: I am very level headed and understanding. I have the potential to lead but its to much work.

Weakness: well after trying to make this post I would say my grammar, really though I am lazy. I just want to go with the flow. 

• 3 years later...

My greatest strength, would me by ability to relate to others. My life experiences have enabled me to easily relate to others' predicaments, which lets me be more empathetic and understanding.

My greatest weakness, would be my temper. Very trivial matters can cause me to become angry at others or myself, which has unfortunately caused me to lash out.

My greatest strength would probably be my harsh, sometimes necessary, brutal honesty. It comes off as rude sometimes, but some people need a major wake up call.

My greatest weakness contradicts what I said above, but it's true. I am an avid liar/story teller. I am quite a boring person at first with new people and I tend to make up lies or stories in order to seem somewhat human/appealing. I have been trying to break this habit, but it's quite hard since lying is second nature to me sometimes.

Seeing my old response to this thread on my old account amazes me. It's honestly still fairly accurate today.

Greatest Strengths:

• Intelligence. My IQ is somewhere between 130 and 140 from what I can assume. I am most adept in the area of Mathematics. Though, I am generally fairly knowledgeable in all kinds of areas. I was complemented on my critical thinking skills quite often when I was in school also.
  • Brutal Honesty. Though I have problems socializing, when I am able to I will let people know what I think. I am not too bad at giving people a reality check, though most of the time they are offended and don't listen when I try to. All I chock that up to, frankly, is just obstinacy. 
  • Friendly Towards Most People. I'm irritated with my dad and I don't really get into arguments with him all that often. Though that's partially because it's pointless anyways, because he's insanely stubborn. Though when you've lost all respect with me, I am quite capable of telling you to f*** off.
  • Agility. I'm actually fairly agile, and can run short distances at considerable speed. I also can be quite stealthy. I have found this to be quite the asset in keeping away from people, and I had people say I should be in track (even though my mile was s***, because I have no endurance).

Greatest Weaknesses:

• Emotional Issues. I have problems with anxiety and depression (I feel like I can say this for fact). I've also been known to have fits of blind rage from time to time. It actually got me suspended from school one time. Though to be fair, it was more than reasonable at that point.
  • Laziness. I just don't do... well, anything too timely. I had more than enough low grades in school and lots of zeroes in school. Though due to my intelligence, I still ended up with a 94.3 average at the end, which isn't shocking really. I can work decently in spurts, though, so I guess that counts for something.
  • Physical Weakness. I can't lift much more than 50 pounds, and even that's a struggle to say the least. Not to mention that I can't lift that weight over a longer distance than a few feet, and it generally exhausts me physically. I also have a lack of endurance in general.
  • Lackluster Social Skills. My social skills are basically nonexistent. I don't really talk to people at all, heck I don't even open up to some people I know really well. It doesn't help combining this with my lack of initiative. I'm so introverted that it's actually become a serious problem in my life.

Greatest Strengths: I'm empathetic towards others, can compromise very easily, can keep my cool under a lot of duress, and am very imaginative. I do have other strengths but I feel this is sufficient enough.

Biggest Weaknesses: I am prone to getting frustrated at times, I do have trouble paying attention to things, I have age issues, and being shy. These are only a few weaknesses though and I'd rather not mention anything else otherwise this would get a lot longer.

Hm.... dissecting myself isn't terribly easy, but this is a rough guide to my strengths and weaknesses. :darling:

Strengths.

• I have quite a bit of perspective, and almost never make assumptions.
  • I am very passionate once my mind is set on something, as fleeting as those opportunities are.
  • I am very slow to anger under most circumstances, and am generally a mild-tempered, pleasant enough individual to be with.
  • I am an overall very autonomous individual, and am capable of handling myself in most instances.

Weaknesses.

• My passions can sometimes force me into poor decisions and behaviors.
  • My empathy is mildly lacking.
  • Even though I am able to handle myself... I will admit to being a bit submissive.
  • I spend far too much time thinking and introspecting... but nearly never doing.
  • Brohoof 1

Going off mostly what others have told me:

My strengths:

• My intelligence, I can retain a lot of information, and I can understand many complex theories and systems.
  • My open-mindedness, I always consider others' opinions, and arguments involving myself are more about getting a better understanding of the issue rather than trying to persuade the other party. Can also be a weakness however (see below)
  • My honesty, I hold the truth as being very important to me.

My weaknesses:

• My laziness. I'm so lazy it's not even funny. I give up easily.
  • I second-guess myself a lot, and I'm never ever confident in what I think, feel, or believe. This means people can get to me when they insult my interests, beliefs, opinions, and thoughts.
  • Bad social skills. I'm super awkward, and I don't know how to sustain a conversation well.
  • Brohoof 1