Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Fall of the Crystal Empire

rainbowdashlover19

Midnight smirked as her hooves began to glow. She summoned her blade, holding it with magic; she was the only pegasus in Equestria that could use magic. She nose dived straight towards him, using her flash step to make her zig zag so he didn't know where she was comig from. She sliced down, cutting his armor off of him, then flew back up. She then began flying all around him, so fast she begins creating a current.

Chronos frowned 'this is new... but enough of play time...' He thought before Teleporting his old, full plate Steel armor onto him "Nothing beats classic Equestrian Steel" He said before planting himself to the ground by stabbing his sword into the floor and holding on. He put his shield on his back to protect it. 

Midnight smirked, stopping. There was now a whirlwind around him, cutting off his oxygen. She flew to the top of it and nose dived down the opening. She spun as she pointed her blade down, drilling down onto his sheild. Since her blade was magically enhanced, it began breaking through his sheild as she continued to drill into it at full force.

Celestia gasped. She was a little to serious about this.

Chronos let go of his sword and the whirlwind pulled him in and away from Midnight. It pulled him up and out. He slammed into the ground and slowly got up "this is going to be a lot harder then expected " He was disarmed and he had almost been been cut off from oxygen. He needed to change up his own tactics. He smirked and stood there and waited for Midnight. He took off his helmet and tossed it aside. He just had a small smile on his face. "come get me" He muttered.

Midnight landed. Her hooves began to glow as she smirked, and soon, she completely disappeared. She used her cloaking magic to flash step behind him, making sure to not make a sound. She reappeared, slicing down hard and cutting a huge gash into his armor, a little hitting his body and leaving a small cut.

Chronos felt the pain but tried to ignore it. He turned towards here and hit her with a heavy metal hoof with all his strength. . He tunred and kicked her square in the chest "He didn't have speed but what he did have was brute strength, and if tactics isn't going to work with defeating her then strength is what he is going to rely on.

Midnight took the hits and stimbled back, but did not fall. She smirked, slicing at his armor over abd over again, each slice cutting his armor more and more. She sliced down hard one last tine, a huge chunk of his chest plate falling off. She smirked. "Checkmate." She focused her magic into her blade abd sliced down, making a huge gash in his chest.

Celestia gasped, her eyes wide. "Ch-Chronos!"

"AHHH!" He yelled, taking a step back. He looked over and saw his sword, he used his magic to bring it to him quickly and he slammed the Crossguard into the side of her skull. "I'm not out yet! I have been hurt worst " He said as he took on strong swing for her foreleg. He wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Midnight stumbled back. She shook her head, growling. She flew up, then swooped down. She slashed her blade down, slicing his armor off his back and cutting into his back. She landed, then charged at him, using her flash step to zig zag arpund him, slashing cut after cut onto him.

Celestia teared up. "M-Midnight! Stop!"

Grell watched -he's holding back- grell thought "midnight he's holding back there's no way that's all he's got" grell called

Steel watched -good form he's trained her well but her sword play could use a little work but that's to be expected grell is more magic then anything-

"That.... that all you got, I've seen pages that fight... better then you." He said. He no longer had his armor, but now he can have some room to move. He grinned and ran at Midnight, his sword leaning on his shoulder as he ran. Once he was close enough he kept running but got one good slash at Midnight. He turned around and got ready to counter her counter attack.

Midnight yelped at the cut, blood dripping from her chest. She growled, eyes and hooves glowing. She said something under her breath. Suddenly about fifty to sixty dark magical daggers appeared all around her. She smirked. "Attack." All of the daggers flew towards Chronos, piercing him at every possible angle.

Celestia gasped. She was using a spell that only a select few knew. How did she know it?! She looked at Grell. -what in Heaven's name does this unicorn know...?-

(edited)

Chronos' horn began to glow and he slammed his front hooves down. He grabbed the blades with his magic and snapped them in half, before causing them to disappear. "Your magic is impressive... but I have mastered Age magic, so... let me show you how it is done..." He said before grinning. He started to heal his wounds as he walked towards her. Once he was about a yard away, his sword began to glow the same color as the aura around his horn and he ran by Midnight and slashed her side, the blade burning the flesh. He turned around and said "your turn..."

(in the episode "Magical Duel" It said that only the Highest level unicorns were able to do age magic, even Twilight couldnt do it)

Edited by NCR Veteran Ranger

Midnight gasped. She shook it off and smirked. "That all you got? My grandma can cut deeper than that." Her hooves glew again, but this time, the Earth began to shake. She stomped down, creating a huge crack. The crack went straight under Chronos and opened up.

Chronos lost balance but managed to jump away  from the crack and looked at it "impressive... I feel bad for whoever has to fix that..." He said before running at Midnight and slashed her chest making a deep cut and burning the flesh before jumping back. "I have to admit, you are a better fighter then expected, Grell trained you well... I'm happy to finally have a worthy opponent for once" He said .

Midnight whined, stumbling. She growled, summoning her blade again. "I'm getting sick of you're pathetic cheap tricks!" She ran at him, so fast that she couldn't even be seen. She spun around him, creating the whirlwind again. She knocked his sheild and sword away from him, the whirlwind picking them up and flinging them far off. She then began slashing at him over and over, making small, deep cuts with each slash. Her hooves glew, cutting off his magic. The whirlwind cut off his air supply.

(edited)

Chronos couldn't breath, He ran at the edge of the whirlwind and it launched him out like before but he hit the ground a lot harder than before 'no magic... this just got a lot harder' He thought "I have never met a bigger hypocrite..." He said before seeing is sword running over to hit and picking it up with his mouth. He had it ready but he dropped it. He couldn't fight much longer, he had one last plan before he was going to submit like Princess Celestia said. He braced himself, slowed his breathing, He still couldn't used his magic. The deep cuts all over his body. He wiped away some blood from his mouth and smiled "You have removed my armor, disarmed me, and disabled my magic. Do you think you have won this day? well I'm still standing. " He said, smirking and hoped that his magic returned soon, without it he couldn't use his sword or any of the magic from the book. Which he may have to resort to if all seems lost.

Grell smirked when Celestia looked at him "yes Celestia I know many things including age magic although that if foals play compared to the magic I use" grell said walking over to her "don't worry about him dying I've been casting a spell this whole time nither of them could die even if they wanted to"

(edited)

Midnight smirked. "And who's the one almost dying, bleeding all over the place?!" She quickened her speed, zig zagging all around him and making deeper, longer cuts. She kept the no magic spell going.

Celestia clenched her teeth. "That may be true, but she's taking things too far. She's almost killing him! The duel is OVER!" She rushed into the whirlwind and grabbed Midnight, throwing her to the ground.

Midnight blinked. She got back up. "No! This hay for brains will learn that I am NOT weak!" She went to charge back after him, but Celestia chained her to the ground. "Let me go!!!!" she screamed, thrashing.

Edited by rainbowdashlover19

(edited)

Chronos got his magic back, and he healed himself "I know you are not weak... If you had half a brain and you cleaned your ears, you would have heard me in the middle of the battle." He said chuckling and shaking his head before looking at Princess Celestia, "Let her stand go... I want the...." he sighed  "victor, to be on her hooves when I tell her what I'm about to say." He said, looking at Midnight. 

(edited)

Grell sighed "shame Celestia I remover back when you would let the duel go on as a matter of honor" grell said walking up dispelling the cabins holding midnight with ease "you've let you're feelings cloud your mind you had no faith the he'd stop the duel when he was ready"

hemoe used his magic to pull all the blood into his own body "mmmm that feels nice" hemoe said

Edited by dashian500

Midnight growls, looking away. "That bastard's just a judgemental plothole..." she mumbled, stretching her wings out as she stood up. She looked at them, the scars from his cuts still on her body.

Celestia looked at Midnight, sighing. "Come here, Midnight."

Midnight sighed, walking over. "What?" She used her magic to heal her scars and cuts on her body.

(edited)

Chronos looked at her "Midnight, listen to me... I would like to congratulate you on your victory. I take back what I said about you being weak, for you have proven that you are not weak today, you proved your strength... I am happy that my first defeat was against a worthy foe like you. Soon when we are in the Empire, I will be honored to call you my sister in arms... That is all I wanted to say" He said, it was clear that it hurt him (his ego and pride) to say this but he meant every word. He turned around and he teleported one of his spare suits of armor on and started to walk towards the door that led inside. He then teleported his shield onto his back and sword into it's sheath.

Midnight blinked. She smirked. "About time he shows me some respect." She looked at his broken armor. "Guess I better fix this..." She used her magic and fixed his guard armor, sighing.

Celestia looked at Grell. "You are a fool. You knew how much stronger she was than him, yet you still let her duel him. What if your spell failed? What if Midnight had gone off the deep end and countered your spell? This duel was too personal for her and she shouldn't have been allowed to do it."

Grell busted out laughing "she doesn't have the strength to counter my spell and as for the spell failing ithe chance of the is so small that litterly you have a better chance finding a blade steel can't fight with" grell said " and yes I knew she was stronger but that fool wouldn't listen and the duel should have happened he now can put his full trust in her to have his back"