Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Fall of the Crystal Empire

rainbowdashlover19

Chronos knew that Celestia was probably lifting the sun at the moment so he didn't go and bother her. He looked out a window to watch the sun rise. He smiled and leaned on a wall and watched it, making sure to look away before the sun began to hurt his eyes. 

Grell held her close "clear your mind midnight this is why you trained so hard you can take in the guard you can almost handle me while and I know he wouldn't be able to do that with the aid of someoony else" grell said

Steel sat there quietly

Leif smiled "you won't be able to learn it lunar sorry" Leif said

Midnight took a few deep breaths, regaining her composure. She looked at Grell, calm now. "I'm ready," she said, smiling as she wiped the tears off her cheeks.

Lunar pouted cutely. "Oh alright... But I still think I could handle it." She sighed, walking back over to Steel.

Luna finished, flying back over to them.

Celestia finished raising the sun. She walked back into her room. "Oh, you're up. Good mornign, Chronos," she said, smiling.

Aurora woke with the sun feeling allot better. Night Flare is standing near where the gate once was. "They should have Challenged you. The cowards. Afraid of being knocked back a peg or two."

Aurora says, "Their folly. I wasn't going to go easy on them."

Aurora gets out of bed and gets ready for the day.

Aurora and Night Flare then head off towards the dinning area to get something to eat.

Astrid goes back to grell and hops up onto his back curling up

Grell smiles "good although o doubt he'll be ready for a fight with you" grell said

Steel smiled at her "you're so cute" steel said quietly

Leif smiled seeing Luna return "so what's on the agenda for today" Leif said

• 3 weeks later...

Chronos smiled "Good morning, Tia... Did you sleep well?" He asked. He made sure not to mention the nightmare, not wanting to remind her of it if she had forgotten. He took a quick look out the window, the blue sky was always a beautiful sight to him. He could hear the faint sounds of birds singing as they awake even though the window was closed. He looked back to Princess Celestia.

Midnight nodded, smiling. "Although, I think I may need one of those enegry potions I brewed... Not getting any sleep puts a toll on magical engery..." she laughed, getting out of bed.

Luna thought for a moment. "Well, we are going to bed for a little bit. You are welcome to join if you so wish." She smiled at Leif.

Lunar yawned, stretching out her wings. "Isn't Midnight's duel today?"

Celetia smiled, nodding. "Asside from the nightmare, I slept like a baby. Thank you for being so kind. I know that probably overstepped your personal boundries..." She stretched out her wings.

Steel nodded "indeed it is " steel said "I'm assuming you want to watch it"

Grell smiled "I bet and I bet you will beat chronos" grell said " anyways this filly here is astrid"

Astrid waves at her with a smile "hi I'm Astrid and you're midnight" Astrid said

Leif smiled "I'd love to" Leif said

"It is alright, If it helped you sleep, then it was worthy." He said, smiling. He looked out the window and the thought came back to him "I hope Midnight is ready for a Duel this time. I won't fight her unless she is ready.  " He looked at Princess Celestia "So shall we go down stairs?" He said.

Midnight smiled, taking one of her potions. "Hello, Astrid." She stretches out her wings, going to put her armor on.

Luna smiled. "Follow us, then." She trotted up to the castle.

Lunar thought for a moment. She shrugged. "If you want to, we can. Personally, I'd like some sleep."

Celestia nodded, smiling. "Let's..." She walked out of her room.

Astrid waved "you had an intresting life" Astrid said smiling at her

Grell looked at Astrid disapprovingly and she just stuck her tongue out at him

Steel nodded "I'll watch the fight then join you" steel said he was used to not sleeping so in truth he could stay up longer

Leif followed

Chronos smiled and followed her. He had the duel on his mind, he wasn't worried but he saw the speed that Midnight can reach and unless he had a lance or a pike he wouldn't be able to defend against that. He would have to fight very defensively and use his shield more then he was use to. He couldn't and wouldn't let Midnight win. He had already broke a rule in his code of chivalry by postponing a duel by an equal. So his pride was somewhat at stake. He decided that he will fight until he collapses... He then looked at Princess Celestia, He knew that she probably wouldn't want to see that...

Midnight blinked. She shrugged it off, sighing. "I gotta get going. The duel will begin soon."

Lunar nodded. "Don't be too long." She kissed his cheek then opened her wings, flying up to het balcony.

Luna went up to her room, yawning.

Celestia sighed, walking down the hall. She was a little nervous about this duel. She saw how well Midnight had improved; if anything happened to Chronos, she didn't know what she'd so.

Chronos teleported his helmet and put it on. He sighed and teleported his shield onto his back and his sword into its Sheath.  He looked at Celestia "I know you may be worried about the duel... but you know I couldn't say no... I have to accept every duel from an equal." He said. 

Grell followed midnight he knew she'd be able to take chronos on especially since she is fully rested and ready to go

Astrid followed "don't be to sure we're not certain about his powers yet" Astrid said to grell

Steel went to the area where the duel was to happen

Leif followed Luna his raven landing on his shoulder as the windigo flew off

Celestia sighed. "I know... But I still worry... I don't want anything to happen to you... Promise me you'll tap out if it starts to get out of hoof..." She looked like she was about to cry.

Midnight trotted out onto the feild, waiting.

Lunar laid down in her bed, snuggling under the blankets.

Luna smiled. "You may either sleep on the couch or in the bed with us. It is your choice." She took her crown off (I'm assuming that thing detatches. Idk for sure lol) and sets it on her nightstand, crawling into bed.

Grell stood there waiting "remember midnight you don't know his power and what he can do play it definisve till you know" grell said

Steel took flight and landed by the filed "a little last minute coaching I see" steel said

Leif climbed into bed with her but laid in the edge keeping a respectful distance

Astrid watched

Chronos frowned and laid his hoof on her shoulder "Don't cry Tia, I promise you that if it comes to that, I will submit before anypony is too badly injured.. " He said with a reassuring smile. "Now lets not keep them waiting...  Fate waits for nopony." He said with a small smile.

Midnight nodded, stretching. "I know. He won't beat me." She smirked, waiting.

Lunar fell fast asleep.

Luna smiled, yawning and closing her eyes. She snuggled up against his back, falling asleep.

Celestia sighed. "I wish you wouldn't do this duel at all... But I suppose it can't be helped..." She walked out of the castle and to the grounds.

Chronos walked out and to the opposite side of the field from Midnight. "I won't be beaten by a foal..." He said, readying his sword and shield. "I feel bad for the janitor who has to mop up your blood when I'm done with you, Midnight..." He smirked. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes he had fire in his eyes (metaphorically of course) and a grin on his face. He raised his shield and his sword was up and ready to counteract the dash she uses. 

(edited)

Leif rolled over and out his foreleg around her pulling her closer hoping she wouldn't mind as he snuggled up to her

Grell smiled -good she's confident- grell thought

Steel sat down ready to see this fight go down he wanted to see what chronos could do

Hemoe smirked "the student of lord grell won't be beat"

Edited by dashian500

Midnight smirked, crouching down and opening her wings. "I'll be a lady and let you start..."

Luna smiled in her sleep, snuggling close. She buried her face in his fur.

Celestia sat down, watching. She had worry written all over her face. -I hope he wins this...- she thought.

(edited)

"Usually the Gentlecolt would let the mare go first but... I will make an exception"   He said. He took a deep breath and took a moment to examine her, looking for the right area to strike. He dropped his shield because he was going to fight offensively, he could just teleport it to him when he needs it. He ran towards her and once he got close he slid to a stop and flipped his sword over and attempted it hit her square in the chest with the pommel as he stopped.

Edited by NCR Veteran Ranger

Midnight smirked. She flash stepped away from his hit, flying up into a tree. She then flew down at him at lightening speed, turning at the last second and bucking his ribs, flying back up.

Celestia blinked. -She's using a new technique???- she thought as she looked at Grell.

Chronos flinched at the hit and looked at his chest piece. The blow staggered him but the armor kept it from doing any bad damage. He looked at Midnight and frowned "So... I am fighting a coward. I have seen more courage and spine in a jellyfish. " He said shaking his head. Chronos teleported his shield to him and took a deep breath. He waited for her to try and make another move, He just needed the right moment.