Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Humans vs Equestria, who would win ?

iDashingRainbow

I really don't like saying this but its true, humans would win... They can flay, and have magic but we've got guns.. And bombs, and chemicals. I love equestria and believe me if I was to choose a side I'd go pony till the very end. But they would last very long. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong, this is just what I think.

My opinion:

Humans are quite surprising: they can be a lot of things: monster, this kind of things, but also kind and loyal. I think that, besides our guns, bombs and chemicals, our manupilator spirit is not to be underestimated. They have magic? So be it, but they don't always use it to fight; we have technologie that allows us the creation of mass weapons. They have flying ponies? We have planes, and I think that they are a little bit effective. Earth ponies? We have tanks and trained soldiers. 

In my opinion, ponies have resources, but not enough. I'm not underestimating them, I'm just realistic

if a war between humankind and ponykin broke out I would side with the ponies..... but I hate to say it the Humans would obviously win being more superior in technology especially if the strongest nations all work together to fight the ponies......

Once I saw this, I thought humans with all our weapons and technology would win any conventional war with equestria. But the problem is, it wouldn't be very conventional. We have seen the capabilities of all alicorn magic in one pony, but also throw in Discord? Discord alone could take out armies by himself with his chaos magic.

Looking at the options, discord would win the day for equestria

• Brohoof 1

Equestria soloes us in a fortnight. When Spike can do this:

And Twilight still doesn't take him on some adventures because they're too dangerous, when ponies can produce this and survive being at the epicenter of it:

And when princesses casually do this:

Ponies don't even need Discord to put us in the ground. Our best bet in this war is if Celestia closes off all access between our worlds before this escalates(to humanity going extinct).

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

ok. its obviously ponies. because mainly magic. basically magic in my little pony can do anything really. there has'nt been anything in my little pony that magic cant do except magic capacity. on how much it takes to cast this kind of magic. so humans would lose. not to just a sonic rainbow pony wh o can break the sound berrier and create her own nuke. but to the my little pony thearie of magic.

and you have mythacle creatures in my little pony. even gods like discord who can and have single handedly ruled over all of equestria itself. you know the place where literally anything is possible there.

this is worser than pinning final fantasy against barnie. theres not even any compatision there. no your getting wrecked by seth.

• Brohoof 1

Equstria, why?

Ponies don't hate each other inherently, so they will work together.

Humans have something inside them, that gives them a constant hate to each other, even though they work together, they still constantly think of betraying each other.

there are like so many comments in this section and i have just ended it here. you got the magic ponies who can make anything as long as they have enough magic capacity, you have monsters that can turn you into stone by just looking at you. you have earth ponies who are stronger than thor. you have pegasis who can conjure up storms if they wanted. you have gods who can end the world as we know it. and in a last resort you have the elements of harmany which destroys anything in one instance.

wait wait im not done with this load of hay.

Just gonna copy my posts from another thread on this... too lazy to re-write

Yes...Ik that the paragraphs dont bond together that well... @, might recall this =D

but anyway... A lot of ponies would be defenceless and easily fall victims... I mean look at all those villains in the show and how easily they overcame the civilans which just run around... i mean the princesses cant protect ALL of equestria. Humanity has the numerical advantage and well... thouands of years of war experience with atrocities and violence that would probably shock ponies and terrify them. As far as we know, the equestrian millitary...AKA royal guard is pretty much useless. We have the tactical advantage with way faster communication and co-ordination that aunexperienced ponies.

As far as we have seen Equestria has only dealt with small scale threats... the only truly big assault was the changelings and.... i wont even ge into them... THEY WERE TERRIBLE+ Celestia was defeated by Chrysalis which means Celestia is not the whole-powerful. the only real advantage they have is surprise and the landscape as humans will have adapt to magic and ponies would clearly have a better understanding of the surroundings.

Now lets consider human and our war capacities... We can go anywhere from conventional troops...to mechanised warfare... to bio-weapons (gases + viruses)...to nuclear strikes...which i must say would have a major psycological impact on the equestrians. Lets see...Rome invading Britain... many tribes surrendered out of pure fear/amazment. Japan WW2--> surrendered after the atomic bombs were dropped. Think about the horrors of war in our history... Vlad the impaler and his "Forest of bodies", Medieval times with all their terrible tortures and executions, WW2 with the concentration camps, the USSR and their gulags. Even in modern days... terrorist attacks and executions happen. These things would be unbelievable for ponies. Also we have a far sronger industrial and scientific bas which could easily come up with new weapons and mass-produce them... I am sure new spells are not that easy to create

You like it or not--> we, humans, are a violent race that pretty much eveolved and progressed due to war. As i already said, we spent most of our history fighting. I doubt equestria would stand a chance against humanity

Now im gonna concentrate a bit more on biological warfare here. Think on the effects it would have on Equestria. Destroying their entire food supply with napalm and other methods (Also even if they somehow do the same, we have the biological advantage of being omnivores so... i dont like to think about it) , being infected by genetically modified viruses, or even radiation poisonong...which i doubt thaey ever heard of. Have you ever heard of sonic warfare... I doubt the ponies did... and we dont even need to be lethal. Created as a riot control weapon in the us (i forgot its name...google it)... We have created a sonic weapon that sends out a signal on a specific frequencty that affects the water in our bodies and the bonds between cells. You feel that you are burning even though nothing is actually happening to you. 

Yeah... gases... We banned their use in warfare after WWI... They can range from colourful smelly gases to invisible and unsmellable ones... Ones that can kill imidiately to gases that let you spend a few agonising hour of trauma as you desperatly try to get air into your burned lunges and you gargle out blood as you die choking with your own body fluids (Wow, that was dark). HOw can they fight something they dont even know is there.... GAses hat burn your eyes and paralyse your entire body... From simple tear gas to chlorine or the imfamous mustard gas... And these were all produced in the 1913s-1916s... Think about what we can come up with now.

I guess just burning down alll the forests and farms with napalm or Agent ORange (What the US used in the Vietman War... it burned jungles and poisoned people) from high altitude bombers would be pretty devastating...

ok. its obviously ponies. because mainly magic. basically magic in my little pony can do anything really. there has'nt been anything in my little pony that magic cant do except magic capacity. on how much it takes to cast this kind of magic. so humans would lose. not to just a sonic rainbow pony wh o can break the sound berrier and create her own nuke. but to the my little pony thearie of magic.

and you have mythacle creatures in my little pony. even gods like discord who can and have single handedly ruled over all of equestria itself. you know the place where literally anything is possible there.

this is worser than pinning final fantasy against barnie. theres not even any compatision there. no your getting wrecked by seth.

and there are ponies who can hate each other they just dont tend to cause of hasbros.

Yes...Ik that the paragraphs dont bond together that well... @, might recall this =D

but anyway... A lot of ponies would be defenceless and easily fall victims... I mean look at all those villains in the show and how easily they overcame the civilans which just run around... i mean the princesses cant protect ALL of equestria. Humanity has the numerical advantage and well... thouands of years of war experience with atrocities and violence that would probably shock ponies and terrify them. As far as we know, the equestrian millitary...AKA royal guard is pretty much useless. We have the tactical advantage with way faster communication and co-ordination that aunexperienced ponies.

As far as we have seen Equestria has only dealt with small scale threats... the only truly big assault was the changelings and.... i wont even ge into them... THEY WERE TERRIBLE+ Celestia was defeated by Chrysalis which means Celestia is not the whole-powerful. the only real advantage they have is surprise and the landscape as humans will have adapt to magic and ponies would clearly have a better understanding of the surroundings.

Now lets consider human and our war capacities... We can go anywhere from conventional troops...to mechanised warfare... to bio-weapons (gases + viruses)...to nuclear strikes...which i must say would have a major psycological impact on the equestrians. Lets see...Rome invading Britain... many tribes surrendered out of pure fear/amazment. Japan WW2--> surrendered after the atomic bombs were dropped. Think about the horrors of war in our history... Vlad the impaler and his "Forest of bodies", Medieval times with all their terrible tortures and executions, WW2 with the concentration camps, the USSR and their gulags. Even in modern days... terrorist attacks and executions happen. These things would be unbelievable for ponies. Also we have a far sronger industrial and scientific bas which could easily come up with new weapons and mass-produce them... I am sure new spells are not that easy to create

You like it or not--> we, humans, are a violent race that pretty much eveolved and progressed due to war. As i already said, we spent most of our history fighting. I doubt equestria would stand a chance against humanity

Now im gonna concentrate a bit more on biological warfare here. Think on the effects it would have on Equestria. Destroying their entire food supply with napalm and other methods (Also even if they somehow do the same, we have the biological advantage of being omnivores so... i dont like to think about it) , being infected by genetically modified viruses, or even radiation poisonong...which i doubt thaey ever heard of. Have you ever heard of sonic warfare... I doubt the ponies did... and we dont even need to be lethal. Created as a riot control weapon in the us (i forgot its name...google it)... We have created a sonic weapon that sends out a signal on a specific frequencty that affects the water in our bodies and the bonds between cells. You feel that you are burning even though nothing is actually happening to you. 

Yeah... gases... We banned their use in warfare after WWI... They can range from colourful smelly gases to invisible and unsmellable ones... Ones that can kill imidiately to gases that let you spend a few agonising hour of trauma as you desperatly try to get air into your burned lunges and you gargle out blood as you die choking with your own body fluids (Wow, that was dark). HOw can they fight something they dont even know is there.... GAses hat burn your eyes and paralyse your entire body... From simple tear gas to chlorine or the imfamous mustard gas... And these were all produced in the 1913s-1916s... Think about what we can come up with now.

I guess just burning down alll the forests and farms with napalm or Agent ORange (What the US used in the Vietman War... it burned jungles and poisoned people) from high altitude bombers would be pretty devastating...

okay these villians in the show had powers of which stomp humans with a toe.

and i dont think vietnams had magic of which can make the whole earth disapear from the face of the earth.

but like i was saying. you have tons of ponies who have clearly beaten creatures that are not of this current world. and i dont see this world turning into sheild anytime soon.

and there are ponies who can hate each other they just dont tend to cause of hasbros.

okay these villians in the show had powers of which stomp humans with a toe.

Firstly, y would the villains help Equestria?

I guess you have never heard of Chimera viruses

here is a short clear descriptioon:

Destroying an entire city today is just a push of a button. But the most unconventionally brutal and horrifying way to slowly annihilate an entire population is by using chimera viruses.

I mean you can go on all that magic and science stuff.... but the ponies cant fight an invisible micro-organism created to destroy and kill

Yeah, @Lordav ,I remember this. Magic vs science; what an ugly business. :lol:

gone. magic got rid of it from existance.

i can erase your words from existance if i had mlp magic.

anything is possible basically. and no i have not

Uh, that's not true at all. For you to claim they can do something like that, they have to have already done something like that. Every universe has to function by its own preexisting rules, even the ones with magic.

Edited by Shimmer5000

and if a chemical virus then magic gas that will destroy it. or time travel to see what was the problem and get rid of it. 

you wanna know what that rule is. if you are strong enough to cast it you can.

Well... as far as the ponies would know and see, ponies would just start to die and bleed out of nowhere. They have absolutely no way of identifing mutant microbes as they could be anywhere. 

I mean here is Anthrax:

During the fall of 2001, letters containing a curious white powder began turning up at U.S. Senate offices and media outlets. When word spread that the envelopes contained the spores of the deadly bacteria Bacillus anthracis, panic ensued. The anthrax letter attacks infected 22 people and killed five. Seven years later, the FBI finally narrowed down its investigation to government anthrax scientist Bruce Ivans, who committed suicide before the case could be closed.
Thanks to its high mortality rate and environmental stability, the anthrax bacteria is also classified as a Category A biological weapon. The bacteria live in the soil, where grazing animals typically come into contact with spores while rooting around for food. People, however, may become infected with anthrax by touching the spores, inhaling them or ingesting them.
Most cases of anthrax are cutaneous, transmitted through skin contact with the spores. The most deadly form is inhalation anthrax, when the spores travel to the lungs and then the immune cells carry them to the lymph nodes. Here, the spores multiply and release toxins that result in such symptoms as fever, respiratory problems, fatigue, muscle aches, enlarged lymph nodes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and black ulcers. Inhalation anthrax carries the highest mortality rate of the three (100 percent, 75 percent with medical treatment), and unfortunately, that was the form contracted by all five casualties from the 2001 anthrax letters [source: NPR].
The disease isn't easy to catch under normal situations, and it can't be transmitted from person to person. Still, health workers, veterinarians and military personnel normally undergo vaccinations. The rest of us, however, remain at risk if someone were bent on another anthrax attack.
Along with the lack of widespread vaccination -- a common theme among our scary bioweapon nominees -- longevity is another point in anthrax's favor. Many harmful biological agents can only survive a short while under certain conditions. But hardy B. anthracis can sit on the shelf for 40 years or more and still pose a lethal threat.
These attributes helped to establish anthrax as a favorite among bioweapons programs throughout the world. Japanese scientists conducted human experiments with aerosolized anthrax in the late 1930s in their infamous Unit 731 biological warfare facility in occupied Manchuria. British forces experimented with anthrax bombs in1942, managing to so thoroughly contaminate test site Gruinard Island that, 44 years later, 280 tons of formaldehyde were required to decontaminate it. In 1979, the Soviet Union accidently released airborne anthrax, killing 66 people in the process.
Today, B. anthracis remains one of the most well-known and feared bioweapons. Numerous biological warfare programs have worked to produce anthrax over the years and while a vaccine exists, mass vaccination would only become viable if mass exposure occurred.
We don't even have a vaccine for some bioweapons. The only way to avoid our next entry is to avoid exposure.

Here is Ebola (Yes, it started as a bioweapon...and it went outta control)

Another well-documented killer exists in the form of the Ebola virus, one of more than a dozen different viral hemorrhagic fevers, nasty illnesses sometimes marked by copious bleeding. Ebola began to make headlines in the late 1970s as it spread through Zaire and Sudan, killing hundreds. In the decades that followed, the virus maintained its lethal reputation in outbreaks across Africa and proved a volatile organism even in controlled settings. Since its initial discovery, no fewer than seven outbreaks have occurred at hospitals and laboratories in Africa, Europe and the United States.
Named for the region of the Congo in which it was first discovered, scientists suspect the Ebola virus normally resides within a native, African animal host, but the exact origin and natural habitat of the disease remain a mystery. As such, we have only encountered the virus after it has successfully infected humans or nonhuman primates.
Once present in a host, the virus infects others through direct contact with blood or other bodily secretions. In Africa, the virus has proved itself particularly adept at spreading through hospitals and clinics. An infected individual can expect to start experiencing symptoms in between 2 and 21 days. Typical symptoms may include headache, muscle ache, sore throat and weakness, followed by diarrhea and vomiting. Some patients also suffer internal and external bleeding. Between 60 and 90 percent of infections end in death after 7 to 16 days [source: Chamberlain].
Doctors don't know why some patients are better able to recover than others. Nor do they how to treat it. And, as noted earlier, there's no Ebola vaccine. In fact, we only process a vaccine for one form of hemorrhagic fever: yellow fever.
While many medical professionals labored to better treat and prevent outbreaks of Ebola, a team of Soviet scientists set out to turn the virus into a weapon. They initially encountered difficulties cultivating Ebola in the laboratory, enjoying more success with the development of Marburg hemorrhagic fever. By the early 1990s, however, they had solved the problem [source: ­Alibek]. While the virus normally spreads through physical contact with bodily secretions, researchers have observed it spread through the air under laboratory conditions. The possibility of a weaponized, aerosol form of the virus only further cements Ebola and related viral hemorrhagic fevers as permanent placeholders on the list of Category A agents.
The word 'Ebola' is already synonymous with terror and death, despite having only become news in the last few decades. Our next entry, however, has been plaguing humans for centuries.

Botulinum Toxin (The ponies wouldnt even know what they inhaled)

Take a deep breath. If the air you just inhaled contained botulinum toxin, you'd have no way of knowing. In weaponized airborne form, the deadly bacteria would be completely colorless and odorless. Between 12 and 36 hours later, however, the first signs of botulism would begin to take hold: blurred vision, vomiting and difficulty swallowing. At this point, your only hope would be a botulism antitoxin -- and only if you could get your hands on it before symptoms advanced much further. If untreated, paralysis begins to take hold, seizing up your muscles and finally your respiratory system.
Without respiratory support, Clostridium botulinum can kill in 24 to 72 hours. For this reason, the o­rganism's deadly toxin rounds out the list of six Category A biological weapons. With ventilators to work your lungs, the mortality rate plummets from 70 percent to 6 percent, but recovery takes time [source: Chamberlain]. This is because the toxin binds to the point where nerve endings and muscles meet, effectively cutting off the signal from the brain. To recover fully from a case of botulism, the patient actually has to grow new nerve endings -- a process that takes several months. And while a vaccine exists, concerns over effectiveness and side effects have plagued its development, so it's not widely used.
As if the symptoms weren't scary enough, C. botulinum occurs all over the world, especially in soil and marine sediments. The spores often pop up on fruits, vegetables and seafood. In this state, they're harmless. It's only as they begin to grow that they produce their deadly toxin. Humans primarily encounter the toxin through the consumption of tainted foods, as the temperatures and chemicals in improperly stored foods often provide the perfect conditions for the spores to grow and develop. Deep wounds and infant intestinal tracks also present similar conditions.
Its power, availability and limited treatability have made botulinum toxin a favorite among several countries' bioweapons programs. Luckily, effectively using such a weapon can still provide challenges. In 1990, members of the Japanese cult Aum Shinrikyo released an aerosol of the toxin against several political targets, but were unable to cause the mass deaths they desired. When the cult switched to the chemical agent sarin gas in the 1995 attack, however, they killed a dozen people and injured thousands.
But bioweapon­s don't have to focus on hurting the enemy directly. As our next two entries illustrate, they can dramatically affect the food supply.

And here's Chimera:

A Scientifically modified virus

During the late 1980s, the Soviet Union's Chimera Project studied the feasibility of combining smallpox and Ebola into one super virus.

This was during the 1980s.... just think of what deadly viruses we can create today

There is no way the ponies would know what hit them, and even if they did, there is no way for them to cure everything...

And tell me

Where exactly hae we seen stuff simply disappear in MLP... It is a law of the universe (matter and energy cannot be distroyed, only changed to another state)

Also every bit of information is stored in the universe... so it cannot be "erased from existance"

You are just theorising "magic" now =P

I could easily say, WE develop an antimatter bomb (which is being studied and developed by the US).... End of discussion... Equestria and the planet they are on... no more...

Alright, honestly, i believe the humans would win. Come on, we got a lot of firepower and not-to-mention nukes. One single nuke and most of the ponies will probably be blasted off the planet. Or get vaporized. 

and if a chemical virus then magic gas that will destroy it. or time travel to see what was the problem and get rid of it.

We don't know the extent of what equestrian magic can do.  Say there's spell the works like an EMP, negating much the human military equipment.  Right off the bat, humans are now a little off balance.  Say that in addition to that, the pony army can produce shields with their magic that can stop any human projectile.  Magic could easily reduce it hand to hoof combat.  The presence of Equestrian magic opens up possiblities we can only speculate about.

We. Aren't. Monsters.

I certainly hope so. Perhaps, it's the like fluttershy thing: no pony is inherently bad, but a pony can make bad decisions. Maybe humanity has just made bad decisions in the past.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, @Lordav ,I remember this. Magic vs science; what an ugly business. :lol:

Uh, that's not true at all. For you to claim they can do something like that, they have to have already done something like that. Every universe has to function by its own preexisting rules, even the ones with magic.

i didnt say there was. and mlp has its own thearie on magic. one there is no science or reason behind it. twilight tride to find a scientific reason behind pinkie pies twitching and that failed. the thearie is that as long as you know the spell and you have the magical capacity to use it. it can happen. 

Equstria, why?

Ponies don't hate each other inherently, so they will work together.

Humans have something inside them, that gives them a constant hate to each other, even though they work together, they still constantly think of betraying each other.

That statement requires a big "speak for yourself" asterisk. Betrayal is one of the most heinous of crimes in numerous human cultures.

And you know, I'm really getting sick of people trying to sell me that the ponies are perfect. They're quite clearly not. We would not love them as we do if they weren't flawed, identifiable, and for a given value of the term, human.

"Humans" don't hate one another either. human might hate everyone, some humans might hate everyone, many humans might even hate everyone. (I call them misanthropes.) But "humans" don't inherently hate every single member of their kind nor do they inherently seek to take advantage of another's trust.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

there is no scien

That statement requires a big "speak for yourself" asterisk. Betrayal is one of the most heinous of crimes in numerous human cultures.

And you know, I'm really getting sick of people trying to sell me that the ponies are perfect. They're quite clearly not. We would not love them as we do if they weren't flawed and identifiable.

there not perfect they can die just like anyone else. not even celestia is immortal. she has lived for over a 1000 years but im sure she is not immortal. its just it would nearly impossible to destroy them where we are now.

there is no scien

there not perfect they can die just like anyone else. not even celestia is immortal. she has lived for over a 1000 years but im sure she is not immortal. its just it would nearly impossible to destroy them where we are now.

When I said "perfect" I meant morally, not physically. I agree with you for the most part though.

A Scientifically modified virus

We don't actually know how similar or dissimilar pony physiology is to human physiology. Bio weapons might not work or be effective enough.

I could easily say, WE develop an antimatter bomb (which is being studied and developed by the US)

I highly doubt an antimatter bomb is past the imagination stage of development. Antimatter and matter will anihilate each other with they come into contact. The problem of containing the antimatter is tricky and would likely some require some ridiculously huge and immobile contraption if we could do it any scale, probably involving ridiculously powerful magnetic fields or something like that. That would be almost impossible to weaponize.

We don't actually know how similar or dissimilar pony physiology is to human physiology. Bio weapons might not work or be effective enough.

I highly doubt an antimatter bomb is past the imagination stage of development. Antimatter and matter will anihilate each other with they come into contact. The problem of containing the antimatter is tricky and would likely some require some ridiculously huge and immobile contraption if we could do it any scale, probably involving ridiculously powerful magnetic fields or something like that. That would be almost impossible to weaponize.

Well actually Humanity has seven "particles" of antimatter kept in the particle accelerator in perfect void and magnetized in order to make sure they do not contact matter. Antimatter is a fact... and we do have some, it extremly dangerous and it might cause terrible distruction to Switzerland and Europe in case something goes wrong but IT IS a fact. Also in the particle accelaerator we have managed to create 3 black holes, due to their small size the almost immidiately closed as too much matter wasa around them, but just saying... We do have a lot more of this "Science Fiction" stuff then it is popularly known.