Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Humans vs Equestria, who would win ?

iDashingRainbow

And you know, I'm really getting sick of people trying to sell me that the ponies are perfect. They're quite clearly not. We would not love them as we do if they weren't flawed, identifiable, and for a given value of the term, human.

Agreed.  I think the episode Rarity Takes Manehattan proves that there are ponies whose ethics are less than ideal.

many humans might even hate everyone. (I call them misanthropes.)

They would indeed be misanthropes by the very definition.

• Brohoof 1

We don't actually know how similar or dissimilar pony physiology is to human physiology. Bio weapons might not work or be effective enough.

Also u must realize that no organism can function without its vital organs, nomatter its physioog. A virus that attacks the nervous system/ destroys you antibodies and organs, is deadly nomatter your body.

Also think of Europes colonization of America. We have no accounts of massive plagues taking place in EQ but earth... We've got pleanty of biohazards in our history. Think of smallpox... It decimated the Native population. It is plausible to believe something similar could happen in EQ. 

Agreed.  I think the episode Rarity Takes Manehattan proves that there are ponies whose ethics are less than ideal.

They would indeed be misanthropes by the very definition.

Hell more episodes than that. 

-Trixie

-Lightning Dust

-The Flim Flam Brothers

-Dr. Caballeron

Plenty of background ponies even who, at the very least, are disagreeable and unkind. The ponies are very much people. Saints and sinners just as much as us.

Yes, I know, I was specifically describing what a misanthrope is to demonstrate they aren't the totality of humanity.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Well actually Humanity has seven "particles" of antimatter kept in the particle accelerator in perfect void and magnetized in order to make sure they do not contact matter. Antimatter is a fact... and we do have some, it extremly dangerous and it might cause terrible distruction to Switzerland and Europe in case something goes wrong but IT IS a fact. Also in the particle accelaerator we have managed to create 3 black holes, due to their small size the almost immidiately closed as too much matter wasa around them, but just saying... We do have a lot more of this "Science Fiction" stuff then it is popularly known.

Well, I'm not losing sleep over 7 antimatter particles.  I suspect that the micro black holes is probably a bit a misnomer.  A black hole is a singularity, a point of extreme mass, but I think their event horizon is related to their mass.  It wouldn't have the reach to do anything.  As well, a micro black hole would give off Hawking radiation like any other black which would eventually evaporate the singularity.

• Brohoof 1

Well actually Humanity has seven "particles" of antimatter kept in the particle accelerator in perfect void and magnetized in order to make sure they do not contact matter. Antimatter is a fact... and we do have some, it extremly dangerous and it might cause terrible distruction to Switzerland and Europe in case something goes wrong but IT IS a fact. Also in the particle accelaerator we have managed to create 3 black holes, due to their small size the almost immidiately closed as too much matter wasa around them, but just saying... We do have a lot more of this "Science Fiction" stuff then it is popularly known.

Yeah, but for the sake of coherent argument, we can't assume that will be used any more than Equestria pulling the ancient and secret "blinky-blinky, world's go winky" spell out and completely atomizing the Earth.

It is nice to know we're doing stuff with science, though. I'd hate to see that deployed...

Also u must realize that no organism can function without its vital organs, nomatter its physioog. A virus that attacks the nervous system/ destroys you antibodies and organs, is deadly nomatter your body.

Also think of Europes colonization of America. We have no accounts of massive plagues taking place in EQ but earth... We've got pleanty of biohazards in our history. Think of smallpox... It decimated the Native population. It is plausible to believe something similar could happen in EQ. 

Human biology, human rules. Pony biology...

We can't even assume they have normal horse biology, so good luck trying to get anthrax to work. At best, you'll have maybe one virus in a lifetime affect two different species at the same time, and that's usually a natural (and terrifying occurence).

This is technically a neverending topic, by the way, since we're arguing alien biology. I could argue ponies have magic for blood, so viruses won't affect them, and i'd be just as much in the right as you are.

Well, I'm not losing sleep over 7 antimatter particles.  I suspect that the micro black holes is probably a bit a misnomer.  A black hole is a singularity, a point of extreme mass, but I think their event horizon is related to their mass.  It wouldn't have the reach to do anything.  As well, a micro black hole would give off Hawking radiation like any other black which would eventually evaporate the singularity.

Yes... they are tiny and disappear in milliseconds, yet the idea is progress... think about the stuff that 30years ago seemed fiction and we take for granted today.

Actually if we look at hypernovas, they are collapsing black holes. A giant star's core grows so dense it just forms a black hole, but as the black hole can engulph the stars entire huge mass, it explodes launching to gamma rays into space from its poles. These rays are the most deadly things in the universe... so ouch. A small blackhole wouldn't send out these gamma ras but the fact is.... It EXISTED... We HAV sucessfully MADE blackholes.

Yes... they are tiny and disappear in milliseconds, yet the idea is progress... think about the stuff that 30years ago seemed fiction and we take for granted today.

Actually if we look at hypernovas, they are collapsing black holes. A giant star's core grows so dense it just forms a black hole, but as the black hole can engulph the stars entire huge mass, it explodes launching to gamma rays into space from its poles. These rays are the most deadly things in the universe... so ouch. A small blackhole wouldn't send out these gamma ras but the fact is.... It EXISTED... We HAV sucessfully MADE blackholes.

Yes, we are studying and learning about all these things.  Right now, there are no weaponized applications, but it could exist, in theory, in the future.  However, if we're already speculating about how Equestria would fight a war and the extent of Equestrian magic and at the same time, speculating about the state of future human military technology, then I'd say we've gone off the reservation and anybody's opinion is as good as anybody else's.

I think this thread is becoming a black hole.  I have to go back to work.  Ta ta for now.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, but for the sake of coherent argument, we can't assume that will be used any more than Equestria pulling the ancient and secret "blinky-blinky, world's go winky" spell out and completely atomizing the Earth.

It is nice to know we're doing stuff with science, though. I'd hate to see that deployed...

Human biology, human rules. Pony biology...

We can't even assume they have normal horse biology, so good luck trying to get anthrax to work. At best, you'll have maybe one virus in a lifetime affect two different species at the same time, and that's usually a natural (and terrifying occurence).

This is technically a neverending topic, by the way, since we're arguing alien biology. I could argue ponies have magic for blood, so viruses won't affect them, and i'd be just as much in the right as you are.

NOw this is turning into a sci-fi theory thread=p

Well es but there are aspects every creature requires. A source of breathable gas (oxygen for humans...and prob ponies), Nutrients (food), heat and hydration. HUmans have proved during historuy that they are more than able to cut off these reserves from their enemies. Poison they're water, Burn their food (as they're herbivores), gas the air with acidic gasses that attack orangic tisse and (This is something we are doing to ourselves) pollute the atmosphere. I mean if we found a way to EQ, think of all the pollution we would release into the air. The ponies have clean, healthy alveoli while ours have mutated after centuries of living in smog. Scientists estimate a creature with healthy 'unpolluted' lungs wouldnt last a week in our atmosphere. No creature can survive without its vital resources... not even magical ones

NOw this is turning into a sci-fi theory thread=p

Well es but there are aspects every creature requires. A source of breathable gas (oxygen for humans...and prob ponies), Nutrients (food), heat and hydration. HUmans have proved during historuy that they are more than able to cut off these reserves from their enemies. Poison they're water, Burn their food (as they're herbivores), gas the air with acidic gasses that attack orangic tisse and (This is something we are doing to ourselves) pollute the atmosphere. I mean if we found a way to EQ, think of all the pollution we would release into the air. The ponies have clean, healthy alveoli while ours have mutated after centuries of living in smog. Scientists estimate a creature with healthy 'unpolluted' lungs wouldnt last a week in our atmosphere. No creature can survive without its vital resources... not even magical ones

Of course, by that logic, it's possible humans wouldn't be able to survive in Equestria either. If the air is that clean, with sufficiently high concentrations of oxygen with sufficiently low levels of carbon dioxide, we won't be able to breathe properly.

Man, @Steel Accord, was right, this thread is an endless minefield of unknowns. We really don't know anything about Equestria...

Edited by Shimmer5000

This sort of thing has been covered many times. Maybe, I'm a fool, but I don't think we would fight in the first place. 

There has been fan fictions with this very subject, where the 'good' ponies kill over seven billion humans and celebrate their demise. And we're supposed to think these ponies are good compassionate harmonious angels, yet they kill and hunt down every last human, down to the last crying baby.

And also ATCB (Alternative Conversion Bureau: generally Pro Human TCB) stories where humans get their (not all) revenge on the ponies and kill them all and celebrate their demise. Though, not all ATCB, such as The Other Side of the Spectrum and Not Alone, where are one of only good ATCB stories.

In general, these kind of stories make me feel a little sick inside.

Edited by Rush

Plot twist : We are actually observing the Equestria world even right this moment and the episods just give us a glimpse of their daily life, and in a few years all the soldiers will be forced to invade Equestria and we will definitely win since they have no idea we are observing their world. Then again, it might end like War of the Worlds.

If you take the time to consider the morals, the war wouldn't happen in the first place. I've been championing this notion for most of my life, but stating it aloud won't hurt.

We. Aren't. Monsters.

Yes we are war is all we know 10 years from now we will still be killing each other

Yes we are war is all we know 10 years from now we will still be killing each other

10 years from now, we'll also be creating, loving, and building. Friendship is Magic is a product of human imagination and passion. Humans that are monsters doesn't mean we all are.

If war is truly all we know, how can you possibly voice that as a bad thing? How can I engage in a civil discourse with you, knowing that you won't hurt me for my opposite opinion?

And quite possibly (most quite possibly anyway) any other sapient being out there in the universe and beyond.  

Unless of course, there is literally nothing else just like a human being out there. Then yeah humans are 100% evil and worship Nicolas Cage.

Edited by Rush

And quite possibly (most quite possibly anyway) any other sapient being out there in the universe and beyond.  

Unless of course, there is literally nothing else just like a human being out there. Then yeah humans are 100% evil and worship Nicolas Cage.

Don't feed the misanthropes, Rush. The only similarity between myself and them is neither of us recognize sarcasm.

Don't feed the misanthropes, Rush. The only similarity between myself and them is neither of us recognize sarcasm.

I suppose you're right.  If I argue with them too long, I could become crazy.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

Something you've fallen to once before, and I wasn't too far from only a short time ago.

My inner Imperium of Man came out... sorry about that.

Luckily human x pony stories get rid of my anger and quiet down my Imperium of Man. XD

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

My inner imperium of man came out... sorry about that.

Luckily stories human x pony stories get rid of my anger. XD

Whatever floats your boat, my friend.  :mellow:  :)

(How can a franchise so driven on xenophobia and elitism be at the same time, so undeniably METAL?! B) )

Whatever floats your boat, my friend.  :mellow:  :)

Not liking human x pony is heresy... XD 

I prefer Mass Effect, because Shepherd gets to invite hot alien babes on board the ship. 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1