Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How popular are you in real life?

Noei

8/10

I have quite a few friends and i also can make them laugh, meaning i am a very social human being.

But i also like my alone times, like going on here, hanging out with you.

I'm not popular at all, never have been, I'm like that guy in school that nobody really pays attention to and just leaves alone. Basically an Introvert, heh. 

Just me 'n my music.  :P

Edited by Crimsonn

I am the anti-popular. Not that people hate me but I don't leave the house enough to even register on the popularity scale. :P

Work is the only place that I could even be considered even remotely popular. Out of the eight other people working there:

3 definitely like me

1 might like me a little bit

3 are most likely indifferent to me

1 probably doesn't like me at all but they don't seem to like anyone so I'm not special in that regard

The customers definitely don't care about me and the restaurant we're connected to has a few people who are pretty amiable but that's just how they are, not so much about me. Don't talk to them enough to really know one way or the other.

Then you have the host of people at my mother's church who like me because they like everyone. Kinda sitting in the same "amiable all the time" group as the restaurant workers from earlier.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to make it sound like a bad thing. I don't mind if people don't like me. I'm more of a "find a few who care and fuck the rest of the world" type. My best friends are online. People I've talked to for years and know me better than anyone. As cliche as it sounds I'm far easier to get along with online since I can actually think through what I'm gonna say before saying it. Offline I tend to miss entire conversations because I'm thinking about how to respond and everyone else moves on too quickly and when i do say something it's kinda stupid since I didn't get to think about it.

2/10. I'm a first year university student and I've just taken a massive step back in terms of being social from last year. I can't stomach the thought of being popular at all right now.

I have one of those "childhood dream" jobs that make me recognizable to strangers (kind of like a musician or athlete). It pays pretty well and has good job satisfaction. I guess that makes me initially "popular", but I mostly keep to myself and avoid that kind of thing. Among my colleagues I'm just one of the guys...probably a little more reserved than most within this particular field.

3/10. I'm by no means hated or bullied, but I don't really socialize with my colleagues due to my introversion, and it's quite rare that I socialize with the few friends I have (maybe once every 3'rd month or so).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure. I have a lot more friends than I used to have and they usually invite me for stuff, so I'm going to say around 7/10 now? It used to be somewhere around 3 or 4, I think.

I'm the least popular person in my area probably. Like I've mentioned in other threads, I'm a loner and I like to be alone and I feel like if I need to impress people to be popular I won't be happy with myself. I aim for the small things in life, those that are easily missed if not paid attention to.

I'm not sure what it means to be popular though, maybe it's luck or maybe it's inheritance. Following trends? Thinking like others? or maybe it's just catching attention by intention or mistake? Being unique could be popular if one could advertise it perhaps, and maybe being unique but also seeking approval could mean being popular?

Just a thought. 

• 3 years later...

I kinda have to blush to admit it, but I'm fairly popular in real life, and well-liked at work. People gravitate to me for some reason, even when I try to keep a low profile. :mlp_rarity:

There are of course many exceptions, but what do they know? :crackle: