Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear MLP clothing in public?

NyxTheShield

In my room it's obvious i'm a brony i have a poster saying "I Am Brony" as well as 3 other posters and 20 Figures, sometimes i'll go out with my fluttershy hoodie though to see her i have to zip it up (i almost never zip up my jackets) or i'll wear one of my shirt and my wonder-bolt dog tag, i think it's as subtle as it can get.

You're friend is awesome for going out in public like that maybe when i come back from my first convention i'll look like that.

• Brohoof 1

If you live in the middle of nowhere like I do, wearing pony shirts would probably get you beaten straight to the hospital.  I don't have any pony merch but I'd probably wear a Discord shirt in public.

Reminds me of the guy in rural North Carolina in the documentary.

• Brohoof 2

I wear brony merch all the time it seems, including shirts, I have a Derpy wallet with a little plush and an MLP lanyard on it and plus I have other things too, like a really cute Twilight winter hat now. I love wearing these things, I have never had a negative experience, except for maybe people looking at me, but hey, I wear it proudly. ^___^ Actually, I have had many positive experiences, meeting other bronies who notice it, and even having some people want pictures with me, even if they are not a brony at all. I think some actually respect people wearing merch like that. :) I had a recent moment at a store where a girl was really excited to see what I was wearing and thought I was awesome and wanted a picture. That, was neat. She was not a brony at all either.

I think it is best to embrace what you enjoy and not be ashamed by the show in any way, if one is feeling such that is.Just be yourself, I think far more positive things can come out of it than negative.

That is my view on this subject.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why not! I personally don't own any pony merch, but I think it's good to express yourself and wear what you enjoy. People wear shirts from Adventure Time and other cartoons as well as anime all the time - sure, they garner some weird looks, but those people are going to judge anyway. 

On the other hand, if it puts you at a health risk (i.e. people around are violent in their judgement) it's probably better to opt out of it.

I don't feel comfortable wearing any kind of MLP shirt in public unless I'm not the only one, it makes me feel conspicuous and I don't like it.

And, for the record, if someone is shy about wearing pony stuff in public and you tell them to 'be yourself', maybe they are being themselves and don't like to advertise.

• Brohoof 1

If I had a pin or a subtle t-shirt I'd wear it everywhere, but other than that I don't really wear anything else mlp in public. Occasionally I'll have an mlp background set on my phone and everyone who's managed to catch it didn't give any noticeable reaction.

I dont wear any pony stuff outside. I mean i dont even have any pony shirts or something like that.

The only custom shirt i had, was from an Artist on Deviantart, it wasnt even Pony related, but even then i just didnt want to wear the shirt in public.

In public im just trying to be as normal and boring looking, as i can  :lol:

I actually hate to wear something, that might gives me attention.  :wacko:

I dont want attention...im shy  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Insecurity is useless. Why should you care what other people think of you? Just create the image you want for your public self and don't worry about whether the reaction is positive or not. It's more important to be genuine to yourself, because realistically, a city of clones would never innovate, would never solve what hadn't already been solved.

This is what I say and believe as well...until I'm actually put on the spot. I don't like attention, so I'd rather not draw any to myself, and nothing draws attention like standing out.

That said, I do wear pony shirts in daily life, mostly because they don't look like pony shirts unless you know the show.

Gosh I would love to wear pony stuff (it's coming this christmas haha), I really really don't care about people's reaction, and anyway I'm not hurting anyone by wearing ponies on my shirt like? Am I hurting or offending anyone? No! So let me be and let us bronies wear our shirts

• Brohoof 1

A couple of days ago, I saw a Dr. Whooves button on someone's backpack. So that means someone at my school is braver than me. I'll probably compliment it (if I can), then that might lead to me having another person to talk to about MLP.

Edited by Trixie Heartstrings

I purposely picked a stylized Rainbow Dash cutie mark T-shirt because it's vague enough to not be instantly associated with MLP, as the logo or a pony would, but it still identifies me to other bronies.

Some people carry animals around. I don't see a plush as wrong.

Yeah no one going's to look at you funny if you're carrying around a pony plushie around. Yeah no one. Like i said before carrying a plushie is overdoing. But a shirt? Ah it's just a shirt 

Yeah no one going's to look at you funny if you're carrying around a pony plushie around. Yeah no one. Like i said before carrying a plushie is overdoing. But a shirt? Ah it's just a shirt 

Maybe it depends. A tiny one isn't too bad. A keychain isn't really bad either.

Maybe it depends. A tiny one isn't too bad. A keychain isn't really bad either.

No matter what size the plushie is. If people see it,you'll will be judged personally i don't care it's my life i could do what i want. But i know the difference between not caring and making a fool of yourself.

I would love to have an mlp themed wallet, or an mlp themed phone case or something....I think wearing an mlp themed shirt is the highest I'll go when it comes to wearing things in public. At home...if I had the access to mlp merch....I would walk around the house with my fifty thousand plushies...

No matter what size the plushie is. If people see it,you'll will be judged personally i don't care it's my life i could do what i want. But i know the difference between not caring and making a fool of yourself.

What are you personally going to do about it? Nothing. You can't stop people from having them or even carrying them around.

I wear my pony shirts all the time, especially my EqG and Sunset Shimmer shirts. I have a lot of t shirts for different things so people that know me just know I wear all kinds of cartoon shirts and stuff.

As for strangers, the only reactions I've gotten are positive ones, not only from fellow bronies but also from people who just thought the particular shirt was cool. I also wear 2 wristbands all the time, even when I am at work.

What are you personally going to do about it? Nothing. You can't stop people from having them or even carrying them around.

LMAO! I guess i'm talking to someone who hasn't seen the real world. It's a cruel place friendo

LMAO! I guess i'm talking to someone who hasn't seen the real world. It's a cruel place friendo

Give me a break. Don't commit to personal attacks here. I have a lot more important things to worry about like living in a country where it's legal for the government to just steal your stuff because they feel like it. If someone attacks me for liking ponies, I have recourse at least including the right to fight back.

i have not that much of MLP merch. I just recently got into MLP and my dad has only bought two merches which are a TY beanie baby of Twilight Sparkle Alicorn form and a Discord keychain i found at my local Game Stop. i wanna do some t shirt iron ons but i don't have the ink at the moment.