Troblems

[Ponyville] Winter Wrap Up

fluttershy_banner_by_legendaryditto-d4hc

@@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle,

Fluttershy giggled at Cadance's comments as she finished off her daisy sandwich. "That would be wonderful, and maybe we can now that you're going to be helping out the animal team, I mean, if you still want to..." she said to Cadance before turning to Twilight.

"I used the same method to wake up the animals that you showed me last year, and it worked really well! I think we'll only have to go to a few places to get all of the animals woken up. I might even have time to help feed them after." She smiled wide at the thought of getting to make her animal friends happy by bringing them all a nice dinner.

"We can go back out whenever you're ready Cadance." She giggled. "Unless you really do want that nap first."

img-3423466-1-img-2583797-1-applejack90pApplejack
@@Eloquence

Applejack smiled to Eloquence as she asked about the origins of the town. Meanwhile, she picked herself out a daffodil sandwich for lunch before finding a place to sit with the reporter and eat. "Well, my family didn't set out to start a whole town, mind. Takes more than one homesteader to do that. Truth was, my great-grandfather had fallen on some hard times and he and his family had to resort to living out of a cart and doing odd jobs and seasonal labour to survive." she explained, before taking a healthy bite of her sandwich. "But, during a royal visit, he was able to speak with Princess Celestia about his situation, to try and find some better way to provide for them all. Well, the Princess said that whatever land he could clear from the edge of the Everfree Forest, he and his family could keep. So, that's exactly what he did. Oh, it was still hard for a few years after that, but it was a start, and it was theirs, and things only got better the more they worked at it." she said, taking another bite.

"After Sweet Apple Acres was goin' strong, that's when other ponies started coming. First one was Stinkin' Rich, who built a trading post. Then came Golden Harvest's family who started the carrot farm. Then more and more came, building more farms and more shops, and we got a school, and a train line, and before you know it. we're a whole town." Applejack ended, smiling broadly as she ate.

@@@Red Cedar, @@Eloquence,

DOCTOR WHOOVES

Doctor Whooves walked with some of the others towards Sugar Cube Corner.  He was looking forwards to eating.  He had not noticed the passage of time and was not aware of how hungry he had gotten.  Once they got to Sugar Cube Corner he picked out a plate and a sandwich.  Then he found a place to sit and started to eat his sandwich as he idly listened to some of the conversation around him, not eavesdropping, but just idly listening as he ate and used the opportunity to rest as well.  he found it interesting the different things different species considered food in his travels.  He was surprised still when he thought about it that he liked those food cube things he and Susan us to eat loong ago, back when he first started to have humans traveling with him.  He was still on the run from his people at that time, having left since the society had grown stagnant and they would just let evil exist when it had to be fought, not ignored.  But that was then and this is now, he thought.  As for winter wrap up, it seemed to be going very well, considering how it had gone past years.

Screen_Shot_2014_12_30_at_5_49_50_PM.png

@@Red Cedar,

"Well, I would say that Princess Celestia clearly made the right choice in sending your great-grandfather out here then, this really is a lovely town. Knowing more about it will really improve my article, and- Oh! I should be taking notes!"

Eloquence quickly pulled out her note-taking supplies and began writing furiously to catch up, detailing what Applejack had told her about the town's origins as well as what she had learned and seen throughout the morning, her quill moving across the page at top speed.

After a minute or two of intense focus Eloquence realized that she wasn't being very ponyable in ignoring Applejack. Fortunately, it was easy to think of the next thing to discuss, since she noticed a gap in her notes.

"Would you mind telling me who the team captains usually are for this event? It appears that you lead the plant team, but if I'm not mistaken the other usual team captains are missing."

post-1908-0-38509800-1421301459_thumb.jpg

It had been a long hall for the pegasus, flying south and returning the same day, not to mention his flight earlier from Cloudsdale. Finally, Ponyville was in view once again. Skycoaster would motion with a hoof for the birds to fly ahead of him. "...Alright...guys....Your home..." Today had taken a lot out of the pegasus, and he was now looking forward to his nap. As soon as he found Princess Cadance and reported to her, he would begin his search for a place to sleep. After all, it appeared that the pegasi may have done too well of job clearing the sky. His planned cloud appeared to have been busted.

@@Eloquence, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle,

Skycoaster would land with a thud near the two alicorns and the yellow mare from earlier, not wanting to interrupt as he tried to catch his breath. Sandwiches did sound good to him, as he overheard part of their conversation, especially if there where cucumber and lilly ones.

sig-3749766.img-3423466-1-img-2583797-1-Applejack
@@Eloquence

Applejack smiled and waited while Eloquence took notes for her article. She didn't mind - it gave her a chance to wolf down her sandwich after she hadn't had anything to eat since very early that morning.

Then Eloquence asked, "Would you mind telling me who the team captains usually are for this event? It appears that you lead the plant team, but if I'm not mistaken the other usual team captains are missing."

Applejack nodded. "That's right. I lead the Plant Team. Been doing that for a few years now. Our Weather Team is normally led by Rainbow Dash. She's also Ponyville's head weather pony the rest of the year, too. Don't know what happened to her this morning, though." she said, admittedly a little worried. Sure, Rainbow Dash loved to sleep in but this was unusual even for her. "Amethyst Star was our Animal Team leader last year, but she's not been around either. Luckily, we have plenty of good ponies here able to step up and step in."

Edited by Red Cedar

@@Red Cedar,

"Thank you!" Eloquence noted the name of each usual team leader while taking a bite of the sandwich she'd nearly forgotten about in her haste with writing everything down. "And I gather that Princess Twilight is the overseer of all three teams, though that must be a recent development. She hasn't lived here very long, after all. How did that come about?"

As she asked this next question it occurred to her that she should probably be careful not to make too much of an interview out of this. She wasn't keeping a very close eye on the rest of her group, but it wouldn't be good at all if they were all waiting around for her and she had barely touched her food. She quickly took a few more bites of her sandwich. As she ate, she noted the slight pressure and sharpness on her right ear that indicated that her pet had caught up to her, presumably after lagging back at the nest-building table or exploring for a bit.

@@Red Cedar, @@Eloquence, @, @,

DOCTOR WHOOVES

Doctor Whooves continued to eat his sandwich with the sounds of conversation happening around him.  He was glad he had the opportunity to eat and rest.  After this he guessed the plant team would go on to the carrot farm, which he recalled needed doing next.  He thought it was going well, despite the missing team captains.  He did wonder what had happened to them.  He suspected though that maybe they got caught up in preparation and maybe tired themselves out , maybe were called out of town at the last minute, or other things.  But despite this it was going well indeed and he was happy to see some of the  younger ponies, colts and fillies helping out.  Their excitement at being involved for the first time did seem to effect some of the older ponies near them.   Yes, he thought, a very nice, though tiring, day, all in all.

sig-3763679.sig-3749766.img-3423466-1-imApplejack
@@Eloquence

Applejack, for her part, didn't seem to mind being interviewed. In fact, she seemed to love talking about her home and the ponies in it once you got her going.

"And I gather that Princess Twilight is the overseer of all three teams, though that must be a recent development. She hasn't lived here very long, after all. How did that come about?"

Applejack nodded. "Yup. This is the second year she's been all-team organizer." she explained. "Before that, the three teams used to work independently of each other. Trouble was, sometimes we got in each others' way. Snow melted too fast, fields and animal dens got flooded, that sorta thing. Twilight has a knack for organization and time management that helped us out a lot. Which was good for both us here in town and her, because - and keep in mind I love her like another sister - she had no knack for doin' anything else during Winter Wrap-Up." As she said it, her mind wandered back a year to the incident on her farm again, and Applejack resolved to give Twilight a big hug when the day was over.

post-30326-0-74390000-1421664738.png

((@@Love, @@Kulstor))

Silver Spoon loudly asked for some daisy sandwiches when she got to the front of the queue. She'd heard somewhere that Princess Twilight loved daisy sandwiches, so if Twilight overheard her, then it would give them something to talk about. But looking around, Twilight wasn't anywhere near, making the exercise a little futile. It drew an odd look from the ponies serving the food though.

Silver Spoon looked for somewhere to sit down and eat. The only spare set was near a brown earth pony she recognized as being the timekeeper for various events around town. She took a seat beside him to eat her sandwiches.

princess_cadance_flying_by_botchan_mlp-d60t29z.gif

@@Eloquence@, @@Derplight Sperkle,  

Most of the food queue seemed to have gone down, though there were still stragglers left. Cadance looked to Fluttershy with an intense, serious face. "No time for naps!" she announced excitedly. "What do you say Rumble, you almost ready to wake some more critters? We got a lot of work to do, especially with the pegasi making such quick work of the skies." With her mention of the skies, Cadance looked up, and it appeared that most of the birds had indeed returned home. "It seems Skycoaster is back, or will be soon. Look, he found the southern birds!" she pointed in excitement to the sky "It looks like everything is working out just fine, Twlight!" She was beginning to get excitement as it appeared that their hard work was paying off, and that they might be done soon. Until, that is, she looked towards the nest building table. "Uh...Oh my.... Maybe we should get the pegasi that are done with their job working on nests."

Badges

post-1908-0-97922500-1421647243_thumb.jpg

@@Love, @@Eloquence, @

Rumble would make his way back over Fluttershy and the princesses, making the last of his sandwiches disappear. He would smile at Princess Cadance's question, though he still had a mouth full of sandwich. Quickly he would swallow it. "You bet I am!" The young colt would begin to hover in excitement. "Do you think we'll get them all woken up early?" Quickly a though would pop into Rumble's head as he turned to Fluttershy. "Um...Fluttershy, did you ever run into an animal that didn't want woken up or wanted to sleep more?"

Rumble would look up to the sky as Cadance pointed. "Yep, those are a lot of birds." Looking over to the next table, he would cringe. "Yesh. Glad I'm not over there. I can't even build a block tower without it falling apart."

@@Red Cedar, @@Eloquence, @, @, @,

DOCTOR WHOOVES

Doctor Whooves at his sandwich.  He had only gotten one since he wanted to be sure everyone got at least 1 sandwich.  Plus he had sown an inner pocket in his plant team vest, so he could put some stuff in it.   He took out some potato chips and ate a few between bites of a sandwich.  he also took out a small cup of tea he had made a while ago.  He noticed the filly coming over to sit next to him and put away his cup of tea that he had just finished. 

"Hello.  Hope things have been going great for you.  Want some potato chips?" He asked offering a few.   "Glad this cold weather is over and soon we can get on to spring." he said with a smile to Silver Spoon.

@@Red Cedar,

Eloquence chuckled as she made note of Applejack's response. "I can see how this event could become a bit... chaotic, were there not somepony overseeing and organizing the three teams. I am glad that Princess Twilight was able to find such a needed role to fill when she moved here."

She made a few more notes before smiling a bit sheepishly at the earth pony. "Oh, and, do let me know, when you need to get back to work. I would hate to keep you from your team, when I'm sure you still have a lot of work to do..."

@@Love, @,

Fluttershy watched the returning birds with a wide smile across her face. They looked so beautiful up there, so colorful, and so strong to be able to fly all the way back to Ponyville. She had missed her many little bird friends, and was so excited to see them again that she nearly missed Rumble's question.

She bent down to answer him. "Sometimes there are animals that want to sleep in a little longer, but they have to wake up to start eating again. When I find an animal like that, I just have to find a way to coax it into waking up, and that usually isn't too hard to do. Usually a little food is enough to get them up and moving," she said with a playful wink.

She then turned to Cadance. "I'm going to go get the cart ready, then we'll go wake up more of the animals." With that, she trotted off to do just that. 

sig-3779355.sig-3763679.sig-3749766.img-Applejack
@@Eloquence @@Kulstor @

Applejack peered over her shoulder at the lineup, recognizing some of the last of her team by their green vests who were just now getting their sandwiches. "I think a few more minutes will be okay. Not like they haven't been workin' hard already, and we can't have them goin' without lunch." she said. Besides, the Doctor and Silver Spoon also seemed to be enjoying the break, so there was no need to rally the troops quite yet.

"So, if y'all have any other questions, fire away. Or, I'll probably be around here after the sun goes down for a little Winter Wrap-Up Wrap-Up." she added with a grin.

@@@Eloquence,  @@@Red Cedar,

Cadance listened intently to Fluttershy talking about the difficult to wake animals. She laughed lightly at the food comment. "Sounds like Shining Armor! A little toast with some crystal berry jam will wake him right up! ...And maybe a little coffee too. But I think any that are having a hard time waking up, I'll send your way, Fluttershy."  

To Rumble she said "I'm glad I'm not having to build nests. At least you can make towers from blocks. I can't even do that." Cadance looked at Sweetie Belle who appeared to be ramping back up after lunch. Dedicated little thing, isn't she?

sweetie_bell_sig_by_dignifiedjustice-d4833z7.png

Revived after having lunch and a tiny, itty bitty nap, Sweetie Belle went back to the table where nests were being constructed and tried desperately not to feel downtrodden at how much work they had left. There was still a sizable pile, and there was probably more that Applejack would add to what was there later. It had taken them so long without Rarity's help to figure out how to build the nests, and the only reason they had properly figured it out was due to Ellipsis. Stop it Sweetie Belle! This is no way to get the job done! None the less, with Moonlit off...somewhere, Eloquence having disappeared to talk with Applejack, and Silver Spoon ...also somewhere, the day seemed to be dragging on like mad. I wish Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were here, she pouted to herself.

Badges

258rmky.jpg

@@Love

"What a waste of time," Rarity groused, sipping on a mug of black coffee.

Moments after Twilight had called her to stand in for Amethyst as Animal team leader, she had been called to attend an urgent business trip in Canterlot. So urgent, in fact, that a private carriage had been sent to her to whisk her away as quickly as equinely possible. So urgent that the driver insisted that the drop everything she was doing at that very moment and come with him. And anypony who sent a carriage for Rarity had to have an desperately urgent request, right?

Little did Rarity know that, apparently, some of the more snobbish Canterlot elite had a different definition of "urgent" than most other ponies. And such urgent requests were not necessarily the "important" ones that were a good use of her time. Rarity had spent the last few hours patching up seams and doing other menial touch-up work on some of the dresses she had shipped to Canterlot earlier. True, Rarity had mentioned before that she would personally guarantee client satisfaction on her most expensive wares, but she was beginning to think it might be a good idea to renege on that promise. Especially if it cost her this much time.

Now, Rarity was riding on the fastest afternoon train back to Ponyville (because as "considerate" as her clients were for getting Rarity to Canterlot, they weren't quite so "considerate" with the return trip). The coffee in her hoof did little to quell her annoyance with all the time she had spent doing trivial tasks which she could have been using helping Ponyville in its annual and never-quite-goes-smoothly ritual. And this year, it seemed, despite having Twilight as the organizer, things were, again, not going smoothly.

"What a waste of time," she repeated. Rarity tapped her hoof on the floor impatiently, as if her tapping could speed up the train and get her home faster.

"Ponyville, next stop, ten minutes!"

Rarity stepped off the train onto a deserted station (who in Ponyville took the train during Winter Wrap Up, anyway?) and walked off to town hall, hoping to regroup there. She was mumbling a stream of curses under her breath all the while, curses that she would never admit to knowing and that she would not be mumbling in any other case.

How did I ever let myself get convinced by those ruffians? Rarity thought. That is the last time I take an "emergency business trip" to help someone. As much as I want to please the ponies who need me, sometimes—

"Oh, hello there, Sweetie Belle."

—one just has to prioritize which group is more important to please.

So caught up in her self-deprecating thoughts was she that she almost missed the line of nest-building tables with her little sister standing behind it. Almost.

"Sweetie Belle!" Rarity rushed back to the tables. "Oh, sweet Celestia, I am so sorry! Some clients—particularly demanding ones—absolutely needed my attention this very moment, apparently. I never meant to abandon you with all this work that needs to be done, Sweetie. Honest!"

Rarity surveyed the table for the amount of work that had been done so far and saw the, frankly, rather paltry number of nests that had been completed.

Oh dear.
  • Brohoof 1

@@Taialin,

"Hello there, Sweetie Belle...?" she said in a low voice, the pitch climbing higher as she spoke, it becoming a screech by the end. "Clients? Clients!" She opened her mouth to give Rarity a what for, then stopped herself. She took a large breath, and then cleared her throat, turning to her sister with a slightly scary smile. "It's fine," she said sweetly. "We've just been working on how to do the job you left us. On our own. With no help." The last wasn't precisely true, but Rarity didn't know that. What she didn't seem to know was that she was mimicking some of Rarity's more refined reactions to adversity. With a final snooty remark, she added "I think we're doing just fine on our own," without regard to how many nests they did (or rather didn't) have. She added a hair toss for effect as she turned back to her work.

Badges

@@Red Cedar, @@Eloquence, @, @, @,

DOCTOR WHOOVES

He put the potato chips on a napkin and put it near to Silver Spoon in case she wanted some.   Then he took out 2 small glasses, more like shot glass size, from another vest pocket and poured himself and Silver Spoon some apple juice, "here, in case you're thirsty." He offered and put the glass next to the napkin with some potato chips on it.  The he ate a few chips while looking around at the other ponies present.  It did look like most present were enjoying themselves, the chance to take a break and relax as well as eating something.  Some looked more tired and more were resting and eating then talking.   He did hope that Ponyville wouldn't loose this special ness about it.

post-1908-0-97922500-1421647243_thumb.jpg

@@Love, @@Eloquence,

Rumble would waive to Fluttershy as she left to get more supplies before looking up to Princess Cadance. "That dose sound good...except the coffee. I'm not allowed to have coffee. My parents say I'm hyper enough." Rumble would try to make a joke and laugh awkwardly about it. "I can lend you some of my blocks if you want for practice, and I'll practice too. Maybe we both can build nests than." Rumble would beam to the princess.

Rumble would look over to the filly that Cadance had pointed out. "That Sweetie Belle, she's in my class but I haven't really talked with her yet. I'm...I'm afraid of fillies. They seem nice, but...maybe you could help me talk to them." Rumble would blush. "I mean, you and Fluttershy are grown up fillies and I don't have any trouble talking to you."

@@Taialin, @@Love@,

Fluttershy was just about to hook up her cart to herself and go get Cadance and Rumble when she happened to glance over to the nest building table. Seeing who was there, she left the cart where it was and rushed over.

"Rarity!" she called as she got closer. "Where have you been? We've all been looking for you, and I've been working on doing my job with some other ponies but we haven't had a leader for the animal team and we haven't been getting things done very fast and..." she trailed off as another mare approached the table, apparently just as eager to talk to Rarity as she was.

@@Red Cedar,

"Oh? Is there some sort of celebration after? I would dare say you all deserve one, at least."

Eloquence was glad to hear that she wasn't holding Applejack up, but was also aware that she had her own group to get back to. She glanced back at the table to find Sweetie Belle already back to work, and, somepony else...

Eloquence gasped and bolted upright. "Terribly sorry Applejack, if you'll excuse me for a moment, it's just, well, the stand-in animal team captain appears to have returned." She gestured to where Rarity was standing before looking down at her half-eaten sandwich. Would it be against the rules to levitate it? Would that be seen as bad form? Not wanting to risk it, she picked it up in her mouth and trotted over to the nest building table, dropping it on the table when she got there.

"Rarity! You have no idea how glad I am to see you, I've been trying to lead the nest builders in your absence and, well, I'm not very good at building nests, or leading ponies really, and I..."

She trailed off as she noticed that both Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy had their attention directed towards the unicorn mare as well. "Oh, pardon me if I'm interrupting. I just, I could really use some assistance with the nests..."

258rmky.jpg

@@Love, @@Eloquence

"Hello there, Sweetie Belle?"

Sweetie Belle's caricature of her earlier speech, her facial expression, and her rapidly rising octaves were all signs that Rarity had seen before, and she didn't like any of them. Sweetie was throwing a temper tantrum, but this one wasn't about anything petty, like chores or business: this one was justified, and Rarity had messed up. She stepped back as Sweetie flashed her a certainly-not-happy smile and said, "It's fine. We've just been working on how to do the job you left us."

Rarity opened her mouth to respond, trying to justify her actions. "Ah-ah . . . I-I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle, really, I am! It's just that my clients were so insistent, and they even sent a private carriage to pick me up, so I was sure that, well . . ."

As Rarity attempted to gather her thoughts again, they were derailed as she heard another voice, this one soft and instantly recognizable. She swallowed and swore that she could feel her heart stop. Fluttershy. Another pony she had left reeling when she left without a word. Another pony she would have to answer to when she cleaned up her mistake. "Rarity! Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you, and I've been working on doing my job with some other ponies but we haven't had a leader for the animal team . . ."

"I-I-I—"

"Rarity!" Another voice reached her ears, this one not quite so idiosyncratic. But the emerald pony that had just stepped to her was unmistakable. "I've been trying to lead the nest builders in your absence and, well, I'm not very good at building nests . . ."

Rarity's eyes were wide and more panicked than she would like to admit. They were flicking between the three ponies that had all congregated around her and were vying for her attention. One was incensed, another desperate, the third relieved. They all said something different, but they all melded into one entity in Rarity's mind, one entity that showed just how much had gone wrong in her absence and how much of a mistake she had made.

I . . . I did this, Rarity thought, despair creeping into her mind to join the panic and shame already there. I left my little sister without a word, the nests aren't being made, Fluttershy hasn't gotten anything done, and the animal team is in shambles because I wasn't there to lead them . . .

Winter Wrap Up is going to fall apart because of me.

Breathing heavily, teeth trembling, Rarity slowly turned to Sweetie Belle, perhaps the pony most affected by her absence and the one angriest at her. Sweetie Belle didn't even want her help anymore. There was nothing she could say that would comfort her. There was nothing she could do that would turn back time. There was no way to fix the monumental mistake she had made. Backed into a corner, Rarity did the only thing she knew how to do in situations like this.

". . . Fine."

With that, she ran. Away from the ponies that reminded her of what she did. Away from the mistake that could never, ever be fixed. Away from the Winter Wrap Up that had gone so horribly, horribly wrong.

Please let there be ice cream in the freezer . . .

((The Boutique's front door will be closed and locked, and dramatic wails will be heard from inside.))

sig-3826196.sig-3801798.sig-3779355.sig-Applejack

@@Eloquence @@Taialin @@Kulstor

Applejack smiled as Eloquence asked about after the Winter Wrap-Up. "Well, it's nothin' so fancy as a celebration. Even Pinkie Pie's too tired to throw a party after this. But there's a lot of us who come together afterwards and get a treat from Sugarcube Corner and be all neighbourly like once Spring is here." she explained.

"Terribly sorry Applejack, if you'll excuse me for a moment, it's just, well, the stand-in animal team captain appears to have returned."

Applejack looked over towards the nest-building table. Sure enough, there was Rarity, back from - wherever she'd gone. Well, that was a relief, at least. It would be one less thing for Twilight to have to stress out about.

Except that very soon afterwards it was Rarity who was looking stressed out, confronted by fellow nestbuilders and her team mates (and one visibly furious little sister). It didn't take long after that for Rarity to duck and run for her boutique.

Applejack knew that look. It was a look Rarity got when she thought she'd let others down, something she and Applejack both hated to do. If Applejack knew Rarity, she was probably soaking the cushions on her red couch right about now.

Applejack stood from where she was sitting, and looked over to the Doctor. "Uhm, Doctor, if I'm not back in ten minutes would y'all mind gettin' the team together and heading out to the carrot farm to start at 'er? I'll get there as soon as I can." Giving him a smile of gratitude, she then trotted over to the front door of Carousel Boutique.

When Applejack tried the door, it was locked, not that that shut out the noise from inside, interspersed with quiet "nomnomnom" noises. She tried knocking firmly instead. "Rarity? It's me, Applejack. Can I come in?" she called, hoping to be a little less intimidating than anypony else at the moment.

Edited by Red Cedar

post-30326-0-74390000-1421664738.png
((@@Kulstor))

"Thank you," Silver Spoon said meekly, accepting the glass of apple juice.

She finished off her daisy sandwiches and slid the chips over towards herself. They looked delicious.

She didn't normally like to talk to strangers, but this stallion seemed friendly, and she was pretty sure he had some kind of official job in Ponyville. She'd certainly seen him helping Mayor Mare run that cider contest at Sweet Apple Acres a few years ago. He didn't seem like the kind of stranger daddy warned her not to speak to. "So I hear you're some kind of doctor, right?" she asked, munching on a chip.

@@@Eloquence,

Princess Cadance leaned towards Rumble and whispered "I don't really like coffee either. It's one of those things adults are supposed to like, and I just don't. Too bitter." She straightened to her full height and said "The next time I'm in Ponyville, I'd love to work on some building with you! Too bad we're too busy today, or I'd be all over that. Haven't used blocks in.... Oh dear," she said, as she watched Rarity dart passed. She looked to Sweetie Belle who was still working on nests. She cleared her throat. "Well, perhaps it would be best if Rumble and I worked on waking up the animals. It looks like Rarity could really use a good friend right now," she suggested to Fluttershy. Applejack appeared to already be headed that way, but Cadance didn't feel like she was quite close enough to the white mare to really be of help in comforting her.

Sweetie Belle turned to see the look on Rarity's face, to see if it had stung, and for a moment she was even madder. Where had her sister gone now? Fuming, Sweetie Belle stood and turned to see the door to the Boutique slam shut. Uh-oh... So maybe she had gone a little too far, but Rarity had just ditched them! And she was with a client. A client? Now her clients were more important than her town. In a cautious huff she skittered to the front window of the boutique, then stood on her back legs to try and peer around the tightly shut curtain. Double uh-oh... She heard Rarity sobbing inside. Unable to see anything, but still with face smashed against the window, Sweetie Belle felt her eyes well up with tears, too. She couldn't stand to see or hear Rarity cry. She called through the seeming impenetrable fort that was currently the Carousel Boutique. "Rarity...?" she cried out piteously, damp face smashed to the window, "Rarity I'm sorry!"

Badges