Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming New Fire Emblem Announced For 3DS

Lightwing

The team behind Fire Emblem Awakening is making a new game for 3DS, Nintendo just announced. Though this game will be developed by Intelligent Systems, Nintendo says it'll play differently than the last one, including challenges "the likes of which have never be seen in the series up until now."

No word on a name or release date yet, though it's called "Fire Emblem If" in Japan.

The name "Fire Emblem If" seems to imply that it's gonna happen on an alternate timeline from the main one (the Akaneia series),and judging from the trailer,it's gonna be set on a medieval Japan time,while combining the most occidental traits,like the Pegasus and the Magic.

unyxbipj3vsbqaelwfe0.png

At first sight,it shows the same graphical capabilities from Fire Emblem: Awakening,but it also has a big  enhancement,which is that the background turns into a 3d one,which gives more realism to the fight scenes.

Also,it seems that it's gonna bring back the Dual System that was first brought on Awakening,but I wonder if they'll bring back again the Marry/Children system,or it's gonna be just of Supports again.

• Brohoof 2

Fire Emblem: Awakening is probably my favorite game on the 3DS. I'm stoked than they're making another one. Seems like they beefed up the animations a bit. Looks like they even gave the characters feet.

I don't think they're are going to bring back the children (unfortunately), because that seems like it was only possible due to Awakening's time travel shenanigans.

• Brohoof 1

Loved FE:Awakening, as it's probably my favorite game in the series, so I'm ecstatic that the team behind that game is coming back. I'm kind of hoping a lot of the features from Awakening like Pairing other characters together

(edited)
I don't think they're are going to bring back the children (unfortunately), because that seems like it was only possible due to Awakening's time travel shenanigans.

Fire Emblem: Seisen No Keifu(or known internationally as Genealogy of the Holy War) was spanned into two generations,where the first one allowed you to pair women with men, to play as their children on the second generation.

It can be brought back,but it has to be on a better way than Fire Emblem: Awakening,because I disliked how Awakening pulled up the children with all that Time Travel thing.

Edit: and I also dislike how everyone thinks that the children were first brought on Awakening,because that game mechanic existed before,back on the fourth installment on the SNES.(Althought that game was Japan-only,and was just brought back with the last installment,so is a bit understandable)

Edited by Princess Lightwing

OMG YES!!! And I really hope we'll get more spotpass characters too. Like some of the ones that were left out before like Stefan, Joshua, Volke etc.

And hopefully this one will allow grinding as Awakening did. I was never a very big fan of Fire Emblem before I played Awakening. Hopefully this one will be nice and forgiving like how Awakening was.

This game is just awesome, straight up. Its frustrating at times, recalling all those times of almost winning the match and then that one member suddenly dies- then you just silently close your DS and think of what you let happen. Yep, I love Fire Emblem. Also, the fact that you can play as the children is pretty cool too. Morgan is bossss!

I'd like to see the children feature return. But it probably won't. I hope we at least get marriage and character customization, though. I'll probably marry that red head girl in that picture you posted. Unless I find someone even better.

I've wanted to play Fire Emblem Awakening ever since I played the demo. That game is pretty fun from what I can tell. I enjoyed the little amount of story you get to experience. Now, there's a new game coming out? I might be tempted to ask for Awakening and Fire Emblem II for Christmas..

I started with Fire Emblem Awakening( if you don't count the increments that I played the 3DS Ambassador game Sacred Stones) and I loved it. This one looks interesting. Should be just as good as the previous one.

It looks really good! A little like Awakening, but it looks so unique otherwise with settings that I haven't seen in a Fire Emblem game anyway. Very nice. :D

Most things from Awakening will probably return given its success, not expecting children again though unless they really want to do the dumb time travel thing yet again or something else(timeskips? multiple campaigns in different generations?)... hope the story will be better. And for grinding to at least be more limited, it really should be if they return to a similar system with that. Either way though, really can't wait, looks like it will be absolutely amazing. hypehypehype :yay:

• 2 months later...
(edited)

The Nintendo Direct came out a couple days ago. They advertise two versions and I'm not sure which to choose, in fact I'm torn between the two. I hear there is going to be a version containing both storylines and a neutral one (I prefer to get that if it ever comes out). I also hear that there will be multiple endings that are possible due the choices the player makes through playing the game, which excites me greatly.

(go to 37:14 for Fire Emblem)

Can't wait for 2016. :squee:

Edited by Gernia

Not really digging the two separate version releases, especially after the NA Direct made it sound like it was going to be on the same game

Not really digging the two separate version releases, especially after the NA Direct made it sound like it was going to be on the same game

I didn't seen two separate games, I just thought you can choose two paths that'll affect the story  :huh:

I died of laughter when the words "ONI-CHAAAN" were spoken.

But the game does look pretty interesting, and it definitely looks pretty.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying not to be super hyped for this game, as it doesn't come out until 2016.

Its not working. 

Worst, there are already spoilers roaming around, character classes, support, the three Fiyah emblem Awakening look-alikes .....

I'm getting even more excited for this game. Also, I notice you can rub the character's faces (apparently even their bodies :o ) and it's interesting to say the least.