Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop!?

Gone Airbourne

I got pulled over once because my tail lights weren't working properly at night. By my own brother. I was a relatively new driver, so I didn't know that they wouldn't turn on automatically like my weak headlights apparently did. We figured it out though and he let me off the hook for it. Though it does sometimes get mentioned at Christmas... :please:

Other than that, no. I'm generally very careful about my speed, never going above 9 km/h over the speed limit if I'm in a hurry. 

Knock on wood, not yet, however there was one time I had my flashers on while working, that a police officer pulled up behind a car behind me (not sure why the bloody hell he didn’t take the flashers as a clue :maud: ), turned on the lights and came to the passenger door, just asking me if there was anything wrong (there wasn’t, just Triple checking an order...), so I guess I can say I’ve been “held stopped”, but not pulled over :wacko: .

• Brohoof 1

I've had my drivers license for almost 3 years now and have never been pulled over even once while driving. The only time the cop actually talked to me was a few years ago when I was checking the oil in the middle of the night and some random patrol just happened to be there at the same time and I looked rather suspicious. I was the checking the oil mainly because I needed to get a bit outside and have a little break from some crazy girls I visited that time  ^_^

Edited by Rainy_days

No, I don't have car or driver's license No wait, yes actually!

Last summer I did week-long cycling road trip. Last day was hottest in that year and I didn't had enough water with me. I was dehydrated and got sunstroke and didn't even notice that I had been driving 10 kilometres in side of motorway. :derp: Motorcycle police pulled me over but was kind enough not to give me ticket.

Edited by Divine plywood

On 1/15/2015 at 12:54 AM, Snow Frostflame said:

I don't drive... I can try to get my licence but.... in time.....

and I have actually never gotten in trouble by any law enforcement

the presents of Police and Deputy Sheriff in my town are pretty high I see at least 2 Police Officers and 4 Deputy Sheriff driving around the place daily... yet I rarely see them pull over people, which probably explains the countless times of me nearly getting hit by a car

This actually made me laugh... Guess even back then I was still a smart ass.

Anyways, I now have had my licence for over a year and I have a tendency to view the speed limit as a mere suggestion (except for residential areas and school zones). Though I've yet to be pulled over, I've just been very lucky, or the police have been very predictable.

o___o I completely forgot I made this thread all the way back in 2015 my goodness... ! I FINALLY got pulled over after what 8-9 years of driving and got 95$ speeding ticket.... I got in an argument with someone and boasted about never being pulled over then a week after I said that it happened. I jinxed myself like hell *sigh* oh well just another learning experience. Got this ticket last week infact. 

Got pulled over once when I was still learning how to drive. My issue at the time was not swerving. I never had confidence that the car was going straight and was continuously adjusting my line, and to the cop it looked like I was drunk. Thankfully he let me off with a warning, but being a teenager it still scared the living shit out of me, even if he wasn't that bad. :lol:

No I've never been pulled over by a cop before. I've had my license for well over a year and a half now, but luckily haven't been pulled over or involved in any accidents yet. Expect for one idiot who backed into my car at McDonald's, but that's besides the point. :dry:

No, but my brother did one time and on his own birthday no less. I should know as I happened to be with him at the time when it happened. It was back when he was eighteen and I was sixteen that it happened. I guess he was driving either too fast above the speed limit or wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He's a much safer and better driver these days which he has to be considering he's got a family now.

• 3 weeks later...

As I do not drive (yet) I have yet to experience this. But I once was questioned by a cop as I witnessed a minor car accident as it happened. First time talking with a cop and it went pretty well tbh. I tried to record with my phone but it didn't work out :(

P.S.: Accident occurred with a young black kid (looked no older than 17) in his sticker-plastered 2002 EM2 civic coupe speeding a little too fast out of a parking lot exit and his front bumper clipped the front bumper of a woman's Lexus. It wasn't serious but left a thick black scuff mark on the lexus's white bumper and pulled the civic's bumper loose from the side (not the whole bumper, just the part in front of the left front wheel, to where it was loose and flapping). At the same time she was in the divider lane - which you're not supposed to. It was in the afternoon - rush hour, street was crammed full.

Edited by Shabb3r

• 2 weeks later...

Once. Was in an extremely happy state of mind, got distracted and ran what i thought was a yellow, to be told by a cop it was a red. Would have argued against it, but i was 18 and had only been driving 4-5 months and that'd be usef against me. Luckly it was my first offence so i got to take a safe drivers course instead of getting points!

• 2 weeks later...

I've only gotten pulled over twice so far.

The first time, police were circling around the neighborhood, obviously looking for someone in particular. I got pulled over right as I got to my house. Cop took the IDs of everyone in the car, saw that none of us had anything to do with whatever was going on, gave them back, and took off without saying anything.

The second time, I was pulled over a block away from my house for "failure to turn off brights". I was driving a 20+ year-old car at the time, that had been through a lot of abuse and neglect from the previous owners, and my turn-signal assembly was literally barely hanging on to the steering column. Like, it'd fall off if you weren't careful. So my brights were stuck on and I got stuck with A 175 DOLLAR TICKET.

I've been pulled over more than once for making California stops. It's not even a crime, really. The real crime is when I speed or swerve around while fiddling with the CD player, or checking my makeup in the rear-view mirror. But California stops, how silly (I mean, I live in California. How else should I stop?) :proud:

• Brohoof 1