Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop!?

Gone Airbourne

Once, for my license plate light being out.  He just just told me to fix it, didn't give me a ticket.  But it was really terrifying because it was in this tiny, labyrinth of a neigborhood with absolutely no shoulder or room to pull over.  Just rows of rocks lining the street that come right up to your tires.  The streets are so tiny, that two large vehicles, even just full-size pickups, cannot pass each other.  So I didn't know what he wanted me to do.  Just stop right in the middle of the street, potentially blocking traffic?  Pull into some poor person's driveway?  Keep going until I got out of the labyrinth to a street with a shoulder?  I was kind of panicking.  I decided to keep driving until I could find a place to pull over, but I slowed to a crawl to make sure he didn't think I was trying to get away.  I probably handled it terribly.  He got on his loudspeaker and yelled at me, so I stopped right there in the middle of the street.  I tried to explain my dilemma to him.  He weren't too happy.  Most nerve rattling experience of my life.

• Brohoof 1

Nu, as I am a girl of "I would die if ever being confronted by one 'cause trouble is bad". 

More or less I don't have a car or bike, or, um, anything else but my own feet to do so, and I am very wary of boundaries to stay from. Plus I don't get to walk around freely much anyways, so that eliminates possibilities. 

Nope. Only thing I've done illegally is speeding, and only in areas that I know, or that are wide enough to have a good view. Generally I only do about 10 miles over the limit anyway. I did once drive down a long straight road near my house (I live in the Irish countryside) which was a 50mph zone. It was 12am and I'd never pushed the car above 60mph before, so I decided to let loose. Got up to about 85mph, which wasn't bad for a small, 12 year old, underpowered 1.3 litre Hyundai.

• Brohoof 2

Yes I have.  On routine inspections.  Never liked it though.  Don't know why but I always feel guilty as though I'm going to be caught and put away or something.  I don't like to be in too close proximity of cops.

I never have, though I was in the car my mom was driving in once and she got pulled over for going 43 in a 25 mph zone. Hate to admit it, but I was the one that caused her to speed. Probably sounds funny, but I don't like admitting it.

The only other time I can remember was when I was in Yuma, Arizona ( its really close to the U.S.-Mexico border) and I was with some immediate family, but I wasn't driving. We approached a station of sorts that does border patrol. The police stopped us to make sure we were legal U.S. citizens.

Edited by Gernia
  • Brohoof 1

Well I've had 2 in 10 years of driving.

The first was when I still had my first car, so I think around '07. I got a ticket for going through a yellow light. Basically the cop was just being annoying. I went to court and the ticket got changed to sudden acceleration and I just had to pay a fine and no driving record points.

Just this past summer I was waiting at a left turn light and look around for cops. I didn't see any so I floor it when green and drift/burnout through 1st and 2nd gear through the turn. :yay:

Well... About a mile later there's a cop behind me. :pinkie: To make things better the upcoming light is changing to red. I'm just looking in my mirror like "Oh Shit." The light turns green and still no police lights. Then we go another 1/2 mile and then he puts the lights on. I end up getting a citation for sudden acceleration and unnecessary noise. Luckily the ticket had no record points. I think he just heard me and didn't see me though because he didn't go right after me and he wasn't going fast. If I didn't catch that light I would have got away. :okiedokielokie: I think if he saw me he would've gotten me right away and written a worse ticket.

I think this probably had something to do with it though. :lol:

post-24370-0-16615700-1415471132.jpg
Edited by steve88

The day after I got my drivers license I was pulled over. Just a random routine. I think he just wanted to check my license because I've always looked a lot younger than my actual age. Anyway I was just being polite and it was over in no time :)

Never had any trouble since. Even driving in other EU country with a license that should be changed to that country. But CBA, then I can't drive for weeks because they take your license while you wait for the new one.

Yes but it was my former friend's fault that he threw the empty snack box in the back of someone's truck. Since I didn't do it and told the truth, I didn't get in any trouble. That was quite a few years ago. I haven't spoken to him since that day.  He was a bad friend anyways.

Edited by RainbowDarth

(edited)

I've gotten pulled over once.

I got pulled over for speeding. Apparently I was going 61 in a 45 MPH area. As soon as the cop approached the window. The song "I can't drive 55" came on the radio because I guess I didn't have my radio turned down all the way. He was not amused of the song that came on and I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket but I guess I have the charm to get me out of one.

Edited by RainbowDash72
  • Brohoof 1

I've been driving for 10 years now and I've never been pulled over for anything. I rarely go more than 5 mph over the speed limit while everyone around me is going +20 over, so I never really worry. Although...I once went *really* fast (and I mean, like, way faster than I've ever gone) with my mother's permission so that I could catch up to their car after being forced onto the off-ramp by a jerk on the freeway...

lol'd at the tags here.  ^_^

I have been pulled over once other than random breathalyser tests, to do with a light that had mysteriously broken on the back of the car, which was blinding people behind me. A pretty fair call I must say.  :lol:

I hear that some cops are interested in getting a certain amount of tickets within a set time period. That sort of thing disgusts me but luckily I haven't seen any thing like that over where I live.

...Lucky I haven't been pulled over for anything else though! I don't fancy paying any fines!  :wau:

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 1

I got pulled over. On my scooter. For running a red light. XD

I will say, it was embarrassing and mildly terrifying, since I'd never been pulled over before. I ran the red because my brakes were out of whack, and if I braked hard enough to stop at the light, I would have wiped out or hit something... Thankfully, I got a warning - and my scoot ended up in the shop the next day!

:lol: I remember in 7th grade (middle school...) I accidentally left my bike helmet in the locker room (no comment)

I don't know if you would consider biking "driving" but, yeah a police caught me. I was soooo confused that he decided not to give me a ticket. Of course, my friend couldn't quit laughing

I've never been pulled over, but I have been stopped (on foot) to check papers. That's about it. I was kind and respectful to the police officer, didn't make any sudden movements towards an area of my body not visible, and in return it didn't get ugly.

I haven't yet. *knocks on wood* 

I try to drive as little as possible though, so that might be a part of it. XP

If your black they will find you!! :okiedokielokie:  I can't think of one black or brown person that has not been pulled over by the dog.