Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the longest you have ever driven on a trip?

Gone Airbourne

It was a little over a week, but we had a round trip with lots of stop spots in the western U.S. It was fun, but I was glad to be home after it.

Though, as a trip alone I used to drop off stacks of newspaper to a post office almost 3 hours away every monday. Thats it for a solo trip.

When I was practicing driving, I drove about 40 minutes around a little town.

Aside from that, haven't driven. Probably a fairly good thing too, considering I'd always stop a long ways before I should at stop signs. If you didn't know, driving makes me anxious.

I can't drive, but I can say the longest road trip I was in. Me, my dad and my sister went to my uncle's place in Tennessee to stay for a week or so. That was quite the long journey. At least 5-6 hours I think. Getting back home was a relief, finally being off the road, it was a good feeling.

• 1 year later...

Well, driving by myself, it was something around 5 hours from my village near Bonn to Cuxhaven on the german north sea. But the longest drive I was in was a bus ride from here to the tuscany in italy. It was something around 15 hours (and it was a torture).

If meaning one single journey in one day, then I'm pretty sure mine was about 9 or 10 hours, going from south Germany, thru a corner of Austria then into Switzerland. The guy leading took the wrong road but we didn't realise until a couple of hours later, so instead of turning back, we tried going over the mountain range in between the two routes. Kept being blocked by snow and having to go back and try the next road further along. Managed it eventually, only after we had all dropped our bikes on melting ice, then afterwards there was rain and endless long tunnels. I was absolutely freaking knackered. :yeahno:

So I drove from Simi Valley, CA to Coeur d'Alene, ID in one day, over 17 total hours of driving. A friend suggested I bring along an audiobook, which was probably the best advice I've ever been given as it lasted me a good 14 hours of the drive.

That's the main reason I kept driving; by the time I told myself I was going to stop, the book compelled me to continue so I could keep listening. By the time it ended I was 3 hours from my destination so I just finished the drive listening to music etc.