Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tom The Diamond

2012~ The End is Neigh  

202 users have voted

1. 1. Will the world end sometime in 2012?

• Yes, it will end on December 21st, 2012.
    • Yes, it will end in 2012, but not on the date the Mayans predicted.
    • It might end on December 21st, 2012, I am not sure.
    • It might end in 2012, I am not sure.
    • The world will not end anytime in 2012, but I'm sure it'll end soon after.
    • The world will not be ending anytime soon.
  2. 2. How do you believe the world will end?

• Wrath of God
    • Freak Thunderstorms
    • Freak Hurricanes
    • Freak Tornados
    • Freak Volcanic Explostions
    • Alien Invasion
    • Robot Uprising
    • Pandemic
    • Zombie Outbreak
    • World War III
    • Nuclear Winter
    • Chuck Norris
    • Solar Flare
    • Massive Increase in Tempurature
    • Massive Decrease in Tempurature
    • Global Warming Floods the Earth
    • Dolphin Uprising
    • Meteor
    • Planet Crashes into Earth
    • The Dinosaurs return... With revenge on their minds.
    • Black Hole
    • Time Rift
    • Massive Earthquakes
    • The WiiU comes out and everyone kills each other to get one.
    • Internet Regulation
  3. 3. Do you believe you are prepared for the Apocalypse?

• Yes, I have everything necessary for survival in the post-apocalyptic world.
    • I believe I stand a chance on surviving in a post-apocalyptical world.
    • I am not sure how prepared I am for the apocalypse...
    • I am not very prepared for the apocalypse.
    • I do not stand a chance during or after the apocalypse.

Posted Image

If you look into the news, you'll notice a lot of News stories that seem to just scream "The world is ending guys!". These can range from Russia trying to create zombies, Scientists predicting meteors and all this, and psychics and such joining in the fun, and not to mention NASA predicting aliens might want to kill us, and internet regulation!

So I figured "Hey, why not make a topic about the apocalypse?" And here it is! If you stumble upon an article that contains a subject that might lead to the end of the world, have some predictions on the end of times, or care to toss theories and such on why you think the world will or will not end, feel free to pop those suckers up here!

And here is the Wikipedia table on End of Time predictions, think you can survive them all?

post-35-0-79047300-1333681597_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

I crave a world full of zombies for me and others to kill this year :D!

Then I'll eat their brain as an example for the other zombeis who tries to mess with me.

Aww yeahhh B)

Based on my beliefs and a certain amount of scientific evidence i don't believe the world is going to end on that time. Its just very imporbable and there haven't been any terrible signs of it happening. (Unless you count Global Warming, which only made it colder here in Vancouver.)

I don't believe that all life will be destroyed in 2012 Dec? I do believe though it will end eventually either due to God, comets, or War. Either one is a legitimate reason. Now if zombies were to happen that be my cup of tea. "Lets GO!" One can always hope... Right?

i will never die. my friend kyle said he would make an underground world and he'd let all of his friends and their pets and families live there

inb4 Fallout Equestria

• Brohoof 2

So the world's supposed to end again? Already?! We just now recovered from the two raptures that occurred last May and October! Can't we ever get a break?

Seriously, though.. I don't see any reason to believe the world will end this year. It could happen, but if it did happen it would be completely coincidental, so I won't worry myself with it anymore than I normally would.

• Brohoof 1

This topic should've been dropped the moment it was mentioned back in 2008. Interesting, but a ridiculous thought to see the world ending in 2012, especially when things are going fine thus far (if you can call it fine).

One thing I'm not happy about is the idea that no one's mentioned the idea of an uprising by a religious institute to take over as a part of the government to control us, or a massive riot on a global scale in which we all try to kill each other because of something absolutely ridiculous.

(edited)

Zombies. I want it to be zombies, as long as my family and I survive.

What would be really epic, is if this whole forum made one huge group to fight off the hoards.

But I don't believe the world will end in 2012

Edited by Zalgo
  • Brohoof 1

Well, seeing as the Mayan calendar works on a 5000 year cycle, or something around that time, if they are right a new world will be created, so it'll all be ok! Ok no.... the world's not going to end.

But it is an excuse to have an End of the World Party! :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Doing homework. The hell were you?!

Well this whole thread is very confusing.

The End is Neigh is equivalent to saying Once Upon a Time is Bang or other mixture of story trope wording plus onomatopoeia.

The World ENDING does not have my perspective on the matter since Christianity states the World will end A. in a way that we can't really predict B. at a point in time that no one will be able to expect, so I would not be able to say with certainity that it could be a long way off or extremely immediately impending.

"Apocalypse" is Greek for "Revelation", it doesn't literally connotate the end of the world, and even so, the world would not end even if the vast majority of humanity and all governments were wiped out by Robots or Nuclear War or an Asteroid or Girl Scouts or whatever. Humanity still existing by definition would mean figuratively that the world had not ended, and the planet Earth still existing literally would mean that the world had not ended.

But everyone likes to speculate on what the world would be like when "All those religious types are gone" or "What the world would look like with a disestablished civilization" just as much as they like writing about aliens with eyes on their tentacles, or candy colored miniature horses.

Cruel as I may have been in this post, I kind of wanted to disseminate seriousness from this all because I do not think there really can be any realistic discourse unless people are willing to bring up complicatted and unpleasant societal matters or Revelational Apologetics.

So I made a joke that quoted The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

The 2012 theory is just something people use to make money off of, just look at how many books, movies, and shows have been based off 2012, it's pretty much a business.

• Brohoof 1