Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tom The Diamond

2012~ The End is Neigh  

202 users have voted

1. 1. Will the world end sometime in 2012?

• Yes, it will end on December 21st, 2012.
    • Yes, it will end in 2012, but not on the date the Mayans predicted.
    • It might end on December 21st, 2012, I am not sure.
    • It might end in 2012, I am not sure.
    • The world will not end anytime in 2012, but I'm sure it'll end soon after.
    • The world will not be ending anytime soon.
  2. 2. How do you believe the world will end?

• Wrath of God
    • Freak Thunderstorms
    • Freak Hurricanes
    • Freak Tornados
    • Freak Volcanic Explostions
    • Alien Invasion
    • Robot Uprising
    • Pandemic
    • Zombie Outbreak
    • World War III
    • Nuclear Winter
    • Chuck Norris
    • Solar Flare
    • Massive Increase in Tempurature
    • Massive Decrease in Tempurature
    • Global Warming Floods the Earth
    • Dolphin Uprising
    • Meteor
    • Planet Crashes into Earth
    • The Dinosaurs return... With revenge on their minds.
    • Black Hole
    • Time Rift
    • Massive Earthquakes
    • The WiiU comes out and everyone kills each other to get one.
    • Internet Regulation
  3. 3. Do you believe you are prepared for the Apocalypse?

• Yes, I have everything necessary for survival in the post-apocalyptic world.
    • I believe I stand a chance on surviving in a post-apocalyptical world.
    • I am not sure how prepared I am for the apocalypse...
    • I am not very prepared for the apocalypse.
    • I do not stand a chance during or after the apocalypse.

Most likely we're going to blow ourselves up with nukes.

Either that or a few scientists decide to play "Pandemic" on the world. Which unfortunately for the world, starts in Madagascar.

• Brohoof 2

The world did not end on December 21st, 2012.

Noticed how I used a past tense in that statement? The entire prediction of the world ending on that date is based on the ending of a "long count" on the Mayan Calendar, which was scheduled to occur on December 21st, 2012.

The problem is, however, that the Mayan Calendar was invented many thousands of years before leap years were invented. Therefore, the Mayan Calendar does not account for an extra day being added to the calendar every four years, and thus the dates on the Mayan Calendar are a couple hundred days ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.

I don't know the exact date, but December 21, 2012 on the Mayan Calendar would've been a day in July or August of 2011 on the Gregorian Calendar. We are well past that date, and yet the world is still here, so.......

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I demand a "world will end because we humans will destroy the nature." option.

Edited by Jokuc

Mayan Calendar never followed leap years. Ignoring the skipping of leap days, we should technically be in 2013 right now. I believe the world will either end by the sun exploding 6 billion years from now, or the return of Jesus Christ, which is completely undetermined, because God is really awesome and can make Jesus come back whenever the hell he wants.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

LE GASP!

Teh warld is tttly ending on december 21st-*shot*

I don't believe it.

When I saw the title, I prepared my Objection! Jpeg and was ready to break down your arguments, but then I saw it was actually discussion on the end of the world..So yeah.

Anyway, I don't know when the world will end, heck, nopony knows.

Also, I love the 'Mayan's didn't follow leap years so the world ending in 2012 is impossible' theorie.

Edited by Dusk Eninama

Most likely we're going to blow ourselves up with nukes.

Either that or a few scientists decide to play "Pandemic" on the world. Which unfortunately for the world, starts in Madagascar.

Unless it doesn't start in Madagascar- which will then make it the safest place in the world.

Posted Image

I laugh every time someone says that the end of the world is near.

"YOU GUYZ, MAYANS PREDICTED IT."

"But we also predicted Y2K, and no one seemed to care about 2012 before."

"BUT INDIANS DID IT. IT MUST BE TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Yeah, I refuse to believe a bunch of people guessed in 2000 years the world would go boom.

• Brohoof 1

The world will not be ending anytime soon, Zombie Outbreak, I am not sure how prepared I am for the apocalypse...

I doubt the world will actually end due to zombie outbreak, if at all, but if it does, and I'm still alive, that's how I would want it to end

(edited)

Dude! The mayas predicted it. Of course it's gonna end! It's the freaking mayas! Have they ever bbeen wrong about something before? NO! Why would they have ended their calendar in 2012 if it wasn't the end of the world???

It's like 100% sure. The mayas they had chamans and mathematics and magic and stuff so it's all true. There's NO WAY the world is gonna continues after 2012, NO WAY! Anyone who does not think so is just blinding himself ini illusions and stuff!

Ok, quite obviously, my vote on this poll and this comment were purely sarcastic. Anyone who believes in that shit is just uninformed and dumb as fuck. Sorry if that offended you, but it's true.

Btw, if I recall correctly, the mayans never actually said that the world was going to end in 2012. Their calendar worsk by cycles. The current cycle just happens to end on December 21st 2012. After this, another cycle simply begins.Besides, the Mayans were just an ancient civilization that lived in South and Central America and that were most "active" between 250 to 900 AD. Why the hell would they know shit about the end of the world? ^^

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 1

I wish people can quit acting like the world is gonna end, just because a bunch of egghead historic ancestors predicted with no help of science or anything, and ZOMBIES ARENT REAL and the scientists (not to offend religious people here) said it will most likely end 890584896989586 YEARS away by the sun becoming a red giant, the earth is quite young and so is the sun. I dont much believe in bible stuff and if it were true "god" will end it whenever he wants, he didnt exactly say it'll end in 2012, so for THE LOVE OF GOD, will people get over it, we will live, we will be fine...sheesh .__. im tired of seeing 2012 being the end, damn..sorry for the outbreak everypony, im just sick and tired of people overreacting

The world did not end on December 21st, 2012.

Noticed how I used a past tense in that statement? The entire prediction of the world ending on that date is based on the ending of a "long count" on the Mayan Calendar, which was scheduled to occur on December 21st, 2012.

The problem is, however, that the Mayan Calendar was invented many thousands of years before leap years were invented. Therefore, the Mayan Calendar does not account for an extra day being added to the calendar every four years, and thus the dates on the Mayan Calendar are a couple hundred days ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.

I don't know the exact date, but December 21, 2012 on the Mayan Calendar would've been a day in July or August of 2011 on the Gregorian Calendar. We are well past that date, and yet the world is still here, so.......

Ive heard that before, they didnt count leap years, the world didnt end now, so i wish people can quit wasting their lives worrying and live it incase it does end (not saying it will) but damn...im living my life happily before something bad happens

I refuse to believe our existence will be wiped forever in 2012. We will continue existing. 'nuff said.

Yup :)

So the world's supposed to end again? Already?! We just now recovered from the two raptures that occurred last May and October! Can't we ever get a break?

Seriously, though.. I don't see any reason to believe the world will end this year. It could happen, but if it did happen it would be completely coincidental, so I won't worry myself with it anymore than I normally would.

And they said the Mayans didnt count leap year, so it was suppose to "end" 7 months ago

iv'e always imagined the world ending from some unstoppable virus like planet of the apes since you didn't have that in the choices i chose nothing and since i didn't vote for one it wouldn't let me vote at all

Q 1: No, obviously not.

Q 2: If by "Massive Increase in Temperature", you mean the sun increasing in brightness by 10% in 1.1 billion years and evaporating the oceans on Earth, then yes.

Q 3: I can't really be prepared for a lack of hydrogen.

• Brohoof 1