Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

drama The Musical Changelings Battle

StitchandMLPlover

I wrote this pony fan fic off the top of my head based on a dream I had last night. (yes I am a big enough pony freak to have dreams that are like fan fics LOL) This takes place sometime after the season 4 finale and takes inspiration from Rainbow Rocks but is not canon to any of the Equestria Girls movies. I have a feeling this story won't be canon to season 5 either once season 5 is released but some of this story is what I thought the characters might do now that the Elements Of Harmony have been returned to the tree. I also wanted to show Celestia being smart and more pro active like I know she could be and some nice interaction between Twilight and Applejack since they are my favorite ponies. Please note some parts are darker than the tv series would be. I apologize for any parts that have bad spelling or simply don't make sense since I wrote this in about an hour or 2 without much editing since I didn't want to forget my dream. Feedback is welcome as fan fic writing helps me improve my writing with original characters. This story can also be found on my DA account. Link is below. I apologize for any possible issues with the link.

The Changelings were invading Equestria. Princess Twilight and her friends were working frantically to figure out how the changelings were pulling off the invasion with the help of the 3 other Princesses,Princess Luna,Princess Celestia, and Princess Cadence. So far what they were able to figure out was that the changelings seemed to be using some form of mind control on ponies leaving them unable to fight back. They were at a loss as to how to defend Equestria without the Elements of Harmony. Unknown to the others was that Princess Celestia had an unusual plan to hopefully allow them to use the Elements of Harmony. She knew that Princess Twilight and the others were able to use a portion of the Elements power when they had an usual transformation which left them with striking rainbows all over their bodies and the magic to defeat Tirek. Princess Celestia did countless hours research on the Tree of Harmony. She knew time was running out as the changelings were nearing Ponyvile and Spike had recently gone missing which left Twilight a tiny wreck. Finally Princess Celestia found what she was looking for.

In the center of Ponyvile Twilight and her friends waited for princess Celestia to arrive. It was unusually windy and dark which Twilight guessed had to do with the changelings. Finally Princess Celestia arrived looking drained and carrying a large load behind her. "Princess Celestia, are you alright?" asked Twilight worried. "Yes, and I brought you and your friends something that may finally defeat the Changlings" said Princess Celestia as she uncovered a yellowish tree shaped object with jewelry hanging from it that resembled the Elements before they were returned to the tree. "Wow!" the girls all said in amazement. "So shiny!" chimed Pinkie Pie. "Beautiful!" said Rarity. "Awesome!" said Rainbow Dash. "What are they Princess?" Twilight asked looking at a star shaped jewel which had been implanted into her old crown. "These aren't the real elements are they?" asked Applejack. "What about the poor Tree of Harmony? Without the Elements it will die." said Fluttershy. "The tree is fine Fluttershy. It still has all the elements. " "Then where the heck did these come from?" asked Rainbow Dash. "I did some research on the tree and realized I could use my magic to put some of the elements magic into a different set of jewels. It took nearly every ounce of strength I had. I can only hope the magic is powerful enough. I put the new jewels into your old necklaces. Perhaps if the queen sees you wearing these it will frighten her into thinking these are the original elements" Celestia explained. Now the girls understood why Princess Celestia seemed weak. She had sacrificed her magical strength in the hope that The Princess Of Friendship would save Equestria once again.

Suddenly, they heard a voice, "Twilight! Twilight! I escaped!" they turned to see Spike. Twilight took one look at him and raced over. She hugged him. "Spike! I wondered if I'd ever see you again!" said Twilight overjoyed. Suddenly Spike's body started to glow green which Twilight failed to realize in her excitement. A pocket of gray clouds opened up and a strange eerie sound came from the whirling opening. Twilight's eyes became mesmerized and fixed on the sound. It was like she was paralyzed. She could only moan. The mane 5 knew she was in trouble and ran to help. Princess Celestia leaped in front of the others and swung Twilight over her back. Twilight passed out and woke up in a hospital bed sometime later. Applejack was in the hospital room with her. "What..what happened...?" said Twilight weakly. "The Changeling queen tried to trap you using a fake Spike and some weird soundin' stuff from a cloud, almost like musical mind control or somethin' The others wanted to be here but Princess Celestia needed their help so I volunteer to stay with you. It was the least I could do after you helped me when I got burned tryin' to rescue Applebloom from that barn fire". explained Applejack. "Thanks Applejack, that means a lot to me." said Twilight. "You're very welcome" said Applejack. Twilight was in deep thought about what Applejack said regarding a fake Spike and mind control. She knew Queen Crystalis must have Spike locked away somewhere and they would have to rescue him. She wondered how the Changlings might be able to use mind control because they had never done it in the past. As far as Twilight could tell mind control wasn't one of the Changlings powers, at least not this kind of mind control. It reminded Twilight more of a book she had read in her castle library about some creatures called "sirens" which were able to use music to get ponies to do whatever they wanted. But how would the changelings even get access to "siren" magic? Twilight opened her Alicorn wings and leaped out of bed. "THAT'S IT!" Twilight said landing on Applejack. "Guess you're feelin' better now? What's it anyway?" asked Applejack confused but thrilled to see Twilight acting normal again. "The changelings are using a siren spell! Music is how we defeat

them!" Twilight explained but Applejack was still confused. "Come on!" said Twilight. They both raced out of the hospital back to the Town Square.

"With Twilight in the hospital how will we use the elements?" asked Rarity. "I was once connected to the element of magic when Luna and I found the elements. I suppose I will have to do it" said Princess Celestia magically levitating Twilight's element onto her head. "But you're already weakened from making these new elements!" said Rainbow Dash. "It is the only way" said Princess Celestia. "No, there is another way!" the mane 4 and Celestia turned to see Twilight and Applejack. "You're okay!" said Rainbow Dash and she and the others ran to Twilight and gave her a group hug. "Oh Twilight, we were so scared!" said Fluttershy. "I thought I'd lose you for a moment there" said Celestia. "I'm fine, and I think I figured out what the changelings are up to. They found an old spell that the sirens created and are using it to take over Equestria. "But the changelings would make awful singers" said Pinkie. "They are using the clouds to make the music." Twilight explained. "That explains the super weird weather" said Rainbow Dash. "The only way to reverse a siren spell is with a musical counter spell." said Twilight. "Ohh I love music! I can use this!" said Pinkie taking out her ten instruments which fit onto a contraption strapped to her body. "By using a musical counter spell together we don't have to waste the magic inside the new elements". "Wait Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Applejack are earth ponies. They don't have a form of external magic like you and Rarity and even Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's external magic is limited to flight and weather, you'll need something to make the internal magic in their bodies external. You can use a small amount of the magic in the new elements to do that. I would feel safer using the element of magic myself for you considering what you have just been through" suggested Princess Celestia. "I fully respect your judgement Princess Celestia but I think the counter spell will only work if my friends and I do it together" said Twilight. She rarely refused a suggestion from her mentor so it felt very odd to her and she wondered if Princess Celestia would be mad at her. "And I respect your judgment as The Princess of Friendship" Princess Celestia replied to Twilight's relief. "If the changelings were able to put a spell on Twilight that must mean they are super close. We better learn this counter spell fast" said Rarity. "Um, a musical counter spell is like a song right?" asked Fluttershy. "Yes" Twilight answered. "Well I wrote a

song for the Pony Tones recently. Maybe we could use that?" Fluttershy asked shyly. "I didn't know you liked writing songs" Rainbow Dash cut in. "I think that's a great idea" said Twilight. Fluttershy's face lit up with delight.

Queen Crystalis entered Ponyville with her army of changelings. Behind the queen one of her servants held a small wooden cage containing Spike. A Changeling solider with a black eye ran up to Queen Crystalis "Your majesty.." he bowed. "Did you capture Twilight? Now that she is a princess she would be a valuable prize aside from capturing her for revenge" said Crystalis. "You leave Twilight alone!" cried Spike. His cries were ignored. "I would have if Princess Celestia hadn't kicked me in the eye." "Why didn't you capture Celestia with Twilight then?" asked Crystalis. "This crazy blue pegasus flew at me before I could". "Very well we will simply find Twilight and..." "I'm right here!" said Twilight cutting Crystalis off. Twilight and her friends were standing on the porch of city hall as if it were a stage ready to play various instruments, wearing their elements. "Princess Twilight, I guess that saves me the search. I have a bargain, you turn yourself over to me in exchange for your Dragon or we will drain him of his love." Cystalis stated. "Don't do it Twilight!" Spike cried again. "Just play the spell, don't listen to her threats" Princess Celestia instructed from backstage. The Mane 6 began playing their song. At first Crystalis laughed until she noticed the necklaces and Twilight's crown begin to glow. "The Elements of Harmony?" Crystalis asked herself. Twilight's eyes turned white as all of the mane 6 began floating via magic which made the rainbow colors appear on their bodies once more. In a burst of light the Changlings were thrown back to their own land and Spike was instantly freed. As soon as they stopped playing Fluttershy's song the magic died down and the rainbow markings disappeared. "Twilight!" Spike said as he leaped into Twilight's arms. "Thank goodness!" said Twilight. "Did Crystalis's solider hurt you?" "She used her spell on Twilight." said Celestia. "I'm perfectly fine now though thanks to my friends" said Twilight. "Luna,Cadence, and I will clean up Crystalis's mess elsewhere." said Celestia as she flew off. "Can we go home now?" asked Spike. "Sure" said Twilight. Spike hopped on Twilight's back and they all headed back to Twilight's castle until Equestria would call on the magic of friendship again. 

Edited by StitchandMLPlover

Hey I like your story! It's really cool, very original like the idea. Though it's quite short and kinda vague in my opinion but don't worry, still amazing! Don't worry keep writing my friend! ;)

Edited by cybernote nyan
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hey I like your story! It's really cool, very original like the idea. Though it's quite short and kinda vague in my opinion but don't worry, still amazing! Don't worry keep writing my friend! ;)

Thank you so much! Glad you think the idea is original since that is what I was going for. Yeah I wrote it off the top of my head so I didn't expect it to be perfect or my best work. Don't worry, I love writing and I won't ever stop! I consider fan fics my practice runs for writing. 

wow really great story!!!1

Thank you so much! Thanks for posting a comment! 

Edited by StitchandMLPlover