Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wants more friends?

Dsanders

Considering this is a forum dedicated to a show based on the merits of friendship I would think that by and large most people would want more friends, at least to some degree. Human beings are highly social animals with the most complex relationships with one another that is known to exist. None of us would be here if it weren't for the presence and influence of others.

Even those who regard themselves as loners or lone wolfs likely still have some desire for companionship and connection. Otherwise why would they be here at all?

This isn't exactly the same as friendship in all cases but it is deeply rooted within us to seek others and want to engage. Friendship begins with that and develops from it.

Duh.

post-30550-0-92798000-1421453378_thumb.png

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 5

I'm starting to lose friends in another fandom I'm in, so I'm always up for making new friends online.

I'm short on friends in real life as well, ever since I moved. I have lots of acquaintances but not a lot of friends.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I'd like more friends. I love my current friends, but it's always nice to meet new people, at least online. In person it's more draining for me, so I keep my circle of friends smaller IRL. 

I would like some better friends IRL. A few of my IRL "friends" are complete assholes most of the time and I barely get along with them. Some days I get along with them simply because I'd rather grit my teeth and deal with some fucking shit than get in a fight and end up taking a vacation to prison.

• Brohoof 4

Meeeeeeeh, I don't really care about having more friends. I have one or two people I talk to regularly but beyond that I find it difficult to get along with people. Either they are too caught up in themselves to talk with me or I'm too caught up in myself. Generally speaking I don't mind talking but it's hard to find that connection with someone to where we both want to continuously talk with each other.

I mainly talk about two things: Video games and anime. There's plenty of people to talk to about these things but the problem is that a lot of those people are playing completely different types of games and it's hard to find a common foothold.

That said, I'm not above talking about stuff I don't personally do either. You never know when one conversation will lead to a completely different one that we can really BS about.

If anyone wants to talk to me I suggest actually talking rather than just adding me to friends lists. Find me on the forums, PM me, add me on Steam or Skype (and notify me since I don't always sign into those) and just let it all out. Seriously, don't just add me to friends lists because that literally doesn't do anything.

• Brohoof 1

Well no not really.

Sometimes when I meet someone, we talk alot for a few days and then we don't really speak to eachother anymore after that. 

Some of my friendships have ended in a fight (On Skype, here on the forums and real life).

Some of my friendships have ended with the link falling off the chain. I don't mind making friends because that's how life should be. I however, can't stand the fact that if they'll be my friend but end up kicking my ass out later then I'm not interested and they don't care about hurting my feelings. My heart always breaks.

They can make more friends because I don't matter. I find myself more of a waste of time for people (Sorry for being a downer, but it's true). I'm not worth your time, really, i'm not.

Regards,

P.S.

I'll leave this here for cuteness.

This is how I feel everytime my heart and feelings are broken along with my spirit.

1412824860525.gif

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~
  • Brohoof 3

Meeeeeeeh, I don't really care about having more friends. I have one or two people I talk to regularly but beyond that I find it difficult to get along with people. Either they are too caught up in themselves to talk with me or I'm too caught up in myself. Generally speaking I don't mind talking but it's hard to find that connection with someone to where we both want to continuously talk with each other.I mainly talk about two things: Video games and anime. There's plenty of people to talk to about these things but the problem is that a lot of those people are playing completely different types of games and it's hard to find a common foothold.That said, I'm not above talking about stuff I don't personally do either. You never know when one conversation will lead to a completely different one that we can really BS about.If anyone wants to talk to me I suggest actually talking rather than just adding me to friends lists. Find me on the forums, PM me, add me on Steam or Skype (and notify me since I don't always sign into those) and just let it all out. Seriously, don't just add me to friends lists because that literally doesn't do anything.

So you don't care about having more friends but you're seeking people to talk to and share time with? Huh?

@Dsanders I think I know what you're trying to do here...

Welcome to eHarmony(elementsofHarmony),the number one site on the Web for helping lonely bronies find lasting friends and companionship.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want anymore friends, online or irl. I hate having tonnes of friends - it just means more bullshit drama you have to deal with.

• Brohoof 2

They can make more friends because I don't matter. I find myself more of a waste of time for people (Sorry for being a downer, but it's true). I'm not worth your time, really, i'm not.

Regards,

P.S.

I'll leave this here for cuteness.

This is how I feel everytime my heart and feelings are broken along with my spirit.

1412824860525.gif

Geez, you sound more like a masochistic Fluttershy. You know that the character you're using for your name and avatar has had several episodes based on learning the lesson that she as well as others have worth regardless of who they are right?

It seems strange to me that you're attitude about yourself would be so despondent given the growth and realizaions Fluttershy has had and your obvious interest in her.

That'd be nice, but I place quality over quantity. I have yet to become close friends with any one person.

No offence but it doesn't sound like you have much of either.

• Brohoof 1

I just joined today, so of course I would want friends. Especially those willing to give a noob some pointers. :)

Welcome fan of friendship. Tips? Number one: You don't have to call yourself a noob. This isn't the type of fandom or forum that treats it's newcomers harshly. You're not expected to be self-deprecating either. If you want to refer to yourself as noob it's your choice but it's not required and probably not respected much either.

Geez, how could I possibly be offended by that? Oh nooooo, no offense taken at all. -_-

I actually have the same thoughts when it comes to quality friendship being more valuable than just quantity.

Of course I don't know you personally so maybe you do have a large quantity of friendship. But you did state that doesn't really matter to you as much as quality yet apparently don't have any friends of high enough quality to be considered 'close'. Maybe there's circumstances in your life that has made this difficult or perhaps your standards are just different from mine. I don't know you, I'm just commenting on what you said.

Whatever the case is I was not trying to offend you, I made that clear, and if you were offended then frankly that's your prerogative.

Best of luck in finding friendship in your life.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 2

Welcome fan of friendship. Tips? Number one: You don't have to call yourself a noob. This isn't the type of fandom or forum that treats it's newcomers harshly. You're not expected to be self-deprecating either. If you want to refer to yourself as noob it's your choice but it's not required and probably not respected much either.

I actually have the same thoughts when it comes to quality friendship being more valuable than just quantity.

Of course I don't know you personally so maybe you do have a large quantity of friendship but you said that doesn't really matter to you as much as quality yet apparently don't have any friends of high enough quality to be considered 'close'. Maybe there's circumstances in your life that has made this difficult or perhaps your standards are just different from mine.

Whatever the case I was not trying to offend you, I made that clear, and if you were offended then frankly that's your prerogative. Best of luck in finding friendship in your life.

Wow. You're interesting. In your case, that is not a good thing. You're one of those people that get on people's nerves and think you can make things okay by saying things like "jk", "I wasn't trying to offend you," etc. I don't care what point you're trying to get across. I'm human. I have emotions. I do in fact struggle with loneliness. So when I see a reply like yours, "I wasn't trying to offend you" doesn't cut it. Heck yeah I'm offended. I'm ticked off. Especially since you fail to realize what you did was absurd and offensive.

• Brohoof 1

Geez, you sound more like a masochistic Fluttershy. You know that the character you're using for your name and avatar has had several episodes based on learning the lesson that she as well as others have worth regardless of who they are right?

It seems strange to me that you're attitude about yourself would be so despondent given the growth and realizaions Fluttershy has had and your obvious interest in her.

Not to put words into anyone's mouth or anything, but in my experience, there is a BIG difference between knowing you have worth and feeling worthy. A few bad experiences can do crazy things to a mind. 

• Brohoof 2

Not to put words into anyone's mouth or anything, but in my experience, there is a BIG difference between knowing you have worth and feeling worthy. A few bad experiences can do crazy things to a mind.

I acknowledge that there is a difference between a cognitive awareness and an emotional perception. However I don't think ~SadisticFluttershy~ made that distinction, or at least I did not perceive it in their post. But you might want to forward your thoughts to them if you haven't already.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I do want more friends. I never had many growing up - only 3. I don’t talk to any of them anymore. I made some friends in high school but it’s been 10 years since I graduated and I only see 1 on a regular basis and just stick to texting the rest.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 2

Is there ever a reason not to want more friends?

HATRED!

post-30550-0-54939400-1421469193.png

But seriously, there's lots of personal factors that each person has to consider for themselves in their own lives.

Edited by Roughshod