LazuriteDreams*

Disney vs Studio Ghibli!  

20 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Disney!
    • Studio Ghibli!
    • I like both!

Why not both? :)

Both have given us some of the greatest of animated classics over the years, and while one or both may have hit hard times and may have produced movies of questionable quality; no one will deny that when it comes to quality in general, we have some animated diamonds that will be treasured through the ages.

• Brohoof 1

Lol who's Ghibli?

I'll go with Disney because I've never heard of Ghibli.

Oh well that's fine but I'll tell you about it! Studio Ghibli is basically "The Disney of Japanese animation" If you're familiar with Miyazaki then you've probably heard of his works such as Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Naussica, and perhaps many more good films his company produced.

Oh well that's fine but I'll tell you about it! Studio Ghibli is basically "The Disney of Japanese animation" If you're familiar with Miyazaki then you've probably heard of his works such as Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Naussica, and perhaps many more good films his company produced.

I've heard of Howl's Moving Castle but none of the others. ;p I'm still gonna keep my vote on Disney then. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have nothing against Studio Ghibli. I really like Princess Mononoke, Howls Moving Castle, Spirited away, etc.

But i was a Disney fan since the day i was born. So many movies that i watched as a child and still love to this day. The Lion King, Aladdin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Alice in Wonderland, Fantasia, The Jungle Book, Pinocchio and the list goes on.

I'd say both. But I'm leaning towards Disney since it's played a part of my life since I was born and I've been to Disneyland a lot of times and even visited Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris. I will give my hats off to Miyazaki for making excellent anime films.

Ohhh goodness. I absolutely love Ghibli movies. They're my favorite movies of all time, actually. They're beautifully animated! I'd have to say I love Ghibli more than I love Disney, but I still like them both.

Disney and Studio Ghibli both brought many well known and beautiful classics to the world.

My favorite Ghibli movies are "Howl's Moving Castle," "Spirited Away," and "The Cat Returns." >u<

Favorite Disney movies include, "Brother Bear," "Tangled," "Monsters Inc.," and "Peter Pan." 

• Brohoof 2

Disney and Ghibli both have completely different styles and both are just as great in my opinion.

I don't think I've seen as many Ghibli movies as of late, but I think they have much better storylines, whereas the quality of Disney animations is superior. I guess they both have their strengths. I'd have really liked to see what has become of Studio Ghibli nowadays though!  ^_^

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 2

I honestly don't like either... Disney isn't very original and overhyped, and to be honest I find Ghibli movies rather dull with an ugly art style.

*is screaming internally because of this statement.* 

Lol sorry. XD

Disney gets my vote.  Little things about Ghibli animation rub me the wrong way.  The movies mostly look fine, and there's clearly a ton of work in them, but a lot of the character animation looks very evenly timed creating floaty, almost weightless motion.  The strong focus Disney has in timing their animation subverts this.

And the stories; Disney is very standard and generic with their stories but tells them very well.  Ghibli is almost the complete opposite; they definitely have the more original and off-the-wall stories, but I think their presentation could use work.

I've never really seen a whole lot of Studio Ghibli's movies (the only one I've seen in completion is Ponyo), and what I have seen hasn't impressed me too much (wasn't bad; just not amazing).

Disney, on the other hand; I am much more familiar with. I adore many of Disney's movies, and a few are even some of my favorite movies of all time.

So yeah, going with Disney.

I don't really love any Disney movies unless you count Pixar. And I know of most Ghibli movies but the only one I've actually watched is Totoro. I've been wanting to watch a lot more of them for a long time (Spirited Away in particular) but I've never gotten around to.

I don't really love any Disney movies unless you count Pixar. And I know of most Ghibli movies but the only one I've actually watched is Totoro. I've been wanting to watch a lot more of them for a long time (Spirited Away in particular) but I've never gotten around to.

Well I think pixar could count. And would you like a recommendation of another Ghibli film if you've haven't seen anymore? I think I can name a few.