Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure A Song of Storms Trilogy by the 24th Pegasus

AppleDash101

I know this review is around two years late, but I simply have to recommend it to the Pony community.

A Song of Storms is a trilogy written by the 24th Pegasus, a truly talented writer.

The first book, Of Skies Long Forgotten, is set before the events of the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, centering around the legendary Pegasus tribe's leader Commander Hurricane. Never have I ever read a fan-fic with the capabilities of playing with your emotions with such ease.

It made me laugh hysterically,

cry tears of joy and sorrow,

and- you know, rip your heart apart from overworking.

The only comment I have for the author is: You can be so cruel... in a fantastically and awesome way.

Here is the link and a paragraph from the page to keep up the suspense:

How far will you go to save your family? Your friends? Your empire? Twenty years before the events of the Hearth's Warming Eve story, long before the pegasi had even met the other two races, Commander Hurricane was a simple farmer in the great Cirran Empire. When the neighboring griffon nation declares war on Cirra and everything it stands for, the young Hurricane finds himself thrown into the middle of a conflict with the fate of his very race put into question. Will he rise to be the pegasus Cirra needs him to be, or will the mighty empire fall to the claws of the griffons?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/54946/a-song-of-storms-of-skies-long-forgotten

By the way, it is around a hundred thousand words: a full-scale novel that would no doubt be worth your time.