Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite places in nature

Hashi

Honestly what the title says xD
Whats your favorite place, whats the kind of natural habitat you like the most. What makes you feel the most relaxed.

Mine is rather dense forest, partly because I have one rather near my home :P

• Brohoof 4

My favorite place in nature has to be woods near the waters. Like not so dense woods and like a river there with a little wooden bridge there <3 It would be perfection with couple benches there near the river and little breeze but not too strong.  :grin2:

Something like this <3

img-3424163-1-16714.jpg

Edited by ooBrony
  • Brohoof 6

I'm a fan of dense forests. Throw in some mountains and it'll look beautiful :P.

The freezing desert at night with no light pollution around to obscure the stars.

img-3424231-1-astrophotography17.jpg

/)

• Brohoof 3

I'd love to see a tundra, and other more Northern regions. The tundra has such beautiful coloring, the climate is also more preferable to me.

I love nature during the winter, too. Grey skies, bare trees/bushes, yellow/brown grass, with the occasional evergreen thrown in - I love it!

• Brohoof 3

I love the mountains - so quiet and peaceful! Plus, there's usually lots of pine trees, and I love pine trees.

And camping in the mountains is amazing. I can't wait to go to the Adirondacks this summer...

Edited by scooterlou
  • Brohoof 3

I used to live at our farm house for a year or so. My hometown was half an hour's drive from the nearest city, and that city has about 20,000 people living in it. It made for some of the most beautiful of nights. You see, I love the night. I love the stars. You can get lost in thought wondering what is out there so many billions, trillions, or even quadrillions of miles away. Who really knows how expansive the universe is? 

I got to be a pro at locating Orion in the night sky. I can point it out just about every time on a clear, cloudless night. 

Now that I live in a city of nearly a million people, I don't get to see those skies anymore. I miss it dearly :(

• Brohoof 1

Ireland and Iceland are incredibly beautiful.

Ooo, Scotland too.

But if I have to pick somewhere near me,

I love these couple of particular areas at my park-

The creaky tree on one of the paths with a bunch of baby trees around it.

The Locust trees, they're my favorite. And this open area with not much

around it that has one single pine-y tree and a lot of moss and mossy stones

near it.

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely ANYTHING near a body of water. Whether it be a lake, a small waterfall, a lagoon, anything, being near water just calms me down. Being alone makes it so much better though. :) Picture perfect would be a secluded little area in a forest with a waterfall and a small lake.

• Brohoof 3

I really like waterfalls - something about seeing the water surrender to gravity; it reminds me of how inevitable things are, but at the same time how things rapidly change. Sometimes, i can stare hypnotized at waterfalls for hours.

• Brohoof 2

When I get the time and money to afford it I would like to go to a nature park or some place where I can look at the Milky Way with no light pollution.

• Brohoof 2

The forest or woods are the best place for me (Oh the Grand Country Forests are the best place for me! :lol: ), just a short drive from my house is the Phoenix Park, I believe still the largest walled park in Europe. I often take walks through there just to clear my head when I need it, it's so peaceful and quiet, just removed from the busy life of the world around it. Bliss!

Also, it's full of Deer :yay:

Deer-Phoenix-park02.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I've always wanted to find a forest area with a waterfall that has a secret cave behind it.  :catface:

Otherwise, one of my favorite place in nature used to be my backyard, actually. I liked standing out there alone in winter, when fresh snow had fallen and the sky was perfectly clear with a bright full moon. The light would illuminate the snow, and the whole world would glow.... and if there was a breeze, the wall of trees behind the yard would dance (with or without leaves, it was pretty cool).

The rest of the house was "meh," but I miss the backyard. XP

• Brohoof 1

(image extensions aren't working for me)

Oh boy it's hard to pick.

I'll break it down into a top 3

Even though i'm not from there, I'll always consider the New England coast my home 

Second favorite place would likely be the Mojave Desert or anywhere in the American West for that matter! one of the most enchanting places in the world.

Number three would have to be the Caribbean

• Brohoof 1