Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite places in nature

Hashi

Just anywhere near the sea- man I would give anything just to retire near the sea coast so I can wake up to the breeze and the smell of salt every morning. 

My ideal home

best-beach-destinations-04.jpg

The forest. Quiet, cool and one of the purest forms of nature. I also enjoy anything overlooking the ocean and the shores and docks. Anything with a nice sunset sets a great mood too.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the topic! :fluttershy: My favorite place would be a park or forest. Sitting on a bench or grass...having a pond in front of you...surrounded by animals... :) The smell of the trees and nature are so nice!

There was one funny moment I have to mention here! :fluttershy: I saw a cute little statue of a turtle in the middle of the pond, sitting on a stone. I saw it and was like: :wub: The head was looking up and it was so cute! But when I walked further, I heard a loud splash!! I looked back and the turtle was gone! :wau: It was never a statue to begin with! It was so still, it really looked like a statue! But it was just relaxing and enjoying a sun bath! :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

Anything that is beautiful, fresh, and exiting!

Even man-made places work. Futuristic designs of technology, nature, waterfalls, lights (not LED, not looking for cheap Christmas lights here), constructions that reflect light.

I don't like fires, the small of smoke, even if it is part of the nature, like sport cabin places that smell like old fire-places.

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-03-06 at 5:52 AM, Sven Utacien said:

I love the topic! :fluttershy: My favorite place would be a park or forest. Sitting on a bench or grass...having a pond in front of you...surrounded by animals... :) The smell of the trees and nature are so nice!

There was one funny moment I have to mention here! :fluttershy: I saw a cute little statue of a turtle in the middle of the pond, sitting on a stone. I saw it and was like: :wub: The head was looking up and it was so cute! But when I walked further, I heard a loud splash!! I looked back and the turtle was gone! :wau: It was never a statue to begin with! It was so still, it really looked like a statue! But it was just relaxing and enjoying a sun bath! :kindness:

Reminds me of this park I went to as a kid where there were lots of turtles by the creek :wub: I would feed them crackers and other leftovers, which was probably terrible for them.

I like parks/arboretums, basically anywhere with a long stretch of nature that I can walk on. I also love beaches and hope to go to one another time soon. Probably won’t happen this year but I do miss the beach. I keep having dreams about it.

• 10 months later...

Either walking on train tracks that go through a forest or simply being by a riverside. There is a river that goes through my town that I love and we even have a river deck that goes a bit out and above it. :) When we had a ton of rain a few years back, the water was flowing right beneath the deck itself which was pretty nutty to see. 

• 2 months later...

Reserves or forests. There's one about 15 minutes away from my house. I drive down there every now and then and just take a long walk. It's amazing.

I like the desert and tropical islands. But I once visited a little stretch of forest on the Oregon coast that was so fresh, beautiful and ‘enchanted’ that I expected little winged fairies to come out of the woodwork. Beautiful.