Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which country would you move to if you had to move to a different one?

CosmicHooves

Canada would be the easiest move .England would be next but last time I checked the crime rates are worse there and your not allowed to arm yourself.  But if I had time to learn the language, Sweden. One of the highest countries ranked in terms of happiness & education. They seem like a chill place. They also have great heavy metal. Plus they have Norway, Finland & Denmark as neighbors, all cool places. Scandanavia has got it made.

If I had to choose, my first choice would be Canada. I've always wanted to visit Canada, for starters. I'd still be close enough to family that I could make semi-regular visits, there wouldn't be much in the way of culture shock considering how closely related Canada and the United States are, and their economy is doing well. Of course, I'd have to get through Canada's fairly strict immigration process (the points system) before I could even think of moving there. 

After Canada, in no particular order: Norway, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Chile, Singapore, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.

Edited by skbl17

If I had to leave, I'd probably go to Germany or anywhere in the UK, probably England then. Any of the Scandinavian countries would also be fine, as would Canada. They get points taken off because I hate driving in the snow, though, and the winters there are much colder than they are here.

• 5 years later...

I heard that Sweden and Switzerland are top ranked countries in terms of life conditions. I'd also move to Canada or US (in case it would return to it's normal state)

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't want to move out of America (It's not perfect here, but it's better than anywhere else. Just needs a little work), but if I absolutely had to leave for some terrible reason, probably either Canada or Japan. Not going to Europe, definitely not going to South America, Africa, or mainland Asia, and Australia has too much terrifying wildlife. Canada would be the easiest move since it's right next-door, but if I put in the effort to learn a new language, I think I'd love to live in Japan much more.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Norway or Denmark? Why not Germany as well. Scandinavia and German speaking countries trains run on time, things are more or less organised and as Todd Howard would say, everything_just_works :P Though Ireland and Canada wouldn't be bad choices either

4 hours ago, Vefka said:

I heard that Sweden and Switzerland are top ranked countries in terms of life conditions. I'd also move to Canada or US (in case it would return to it's normal state)

Since they start with Sw?

Sweden is great, but is slowly changing towards becoming like the U.S.
It is a slow process, but all the media and TV shows are helping to shape the country, and make business more ruthless. Competition gets harder, and the one with the most money or the best products wins, and then get bought up by larger companies abroad. The only thing left is customer support phone numbers that go to foreign countries far away with weird accents.

• Brohoof 1

Canada is definitely my first choice. Especially any of the Eastern provinces (Quebec and east, I'd be worried about tornadoes in Ontario), because they're close to New England, which I know has the best climate (in terms of the US's climates, anyway). I'm sure the Scandinavian countries are also really beautiful, but I would like to avoid too much of a culture shock. But if I had to choose somewhere outside of North America, the Scandinavian countries would be next in line.

• Brohoof 1

I would say Brazil (My partner is from there and it a nice country) or Netherlands (I have quite a few friends there, nice country, one of the last remaining free countries in europe)

the USA kinda got disqualified imo from the list lmao