Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching It's a Nice Day in Invermare(Casual SoL/Romance) [Sign-ups & OOC]

sunne

(edited)

@
Well, I'd like a little more information on her backstory. Where was she raised? Did they ever move? If so, where does she live now? Did she get some sort of job relating to weather when she was older? 
If you can provide me with some information such as that, you're accepted. c:

@@RhythmicBrony,
While I see that you got it to work anyhow, I'll say this for future reference c:
I've had that happen to me before. What I usually do is select the entire post, copy it, then refresh the page and paste in the post again. :3

Edited by Mint Drop

@

Well, I'd like a little more information on her backstory. Where was she raised? Did they ever move? If so, where does she live now? Did she get some sort of job relating to weather when she was older? 

If you can provide me with some information such as that, you're accepted. c:

@@RhythmicBrony,

While I see that you got it to work anyhow, I'll say this for future reference c:

I've had that happen to me before. What I usually do is select the entire post, copy it, then refresh the page and paste in the post again. :3

Well I tried that like five times, ended up having to close the window and log back on XD

• Brohoof 1

@Mint Drop

i never really went too far into any of that seeing as she is a rather versatile character and she can be used in any type of rp.

if i have specifics allready all set out it makes things more difficult for her to fit into any environment.

i usually just make things up as i go along and make things work.

Honestly, even her cutiemark storry was made up on the spot. She uses her magic much like a mage, she can use it for practical or combat uses. If its at all any concern im sure something can be found for her to do, job wise.

Edited by Pheonix_Flash

(edited)

@

I completely understand the desire to have a versatile character. However, it's still possible to have a flexible character even with a fairly detailed background. You don't have to go into super specifics, like "in high school, she fell in love with a stallion, and confessed her feelings. They started dating and then she got married, and now they live in Ponyville, with three colts and another foal on the way." (Not that I necessarily think this might happen to her, it's just a stupid, generic example.)

Take 's Candy Spirits  for example. Her backstory is quite detailed, but she is still quite versatile. For one RP, she could have moved somewhere other than Ponyville. In another, she could have stayed in Baltimare for her mother, or she could still be in possession of the pub. For example, Becker and i have a 1x1 RP going in which Candy is still in possession of the bar (I think) and my OC Sunny Dew (who is originally from Canterlot) has moved to Baltimare.

Furthermore, my OC Angel Light is primarily a mare or young mare in most RPs, but I've role-played her thrice as a filly, twice of which times she had different family members than her original.

Since you've set her age in her profile, that means that some things must have happened in hr life before that age. Having an at least somewhat detailed background adds character. It's hard to have a fleshed-out character when there are few experiences for them to go back on.

That said, i don't want to deprive someone of RPing in a RP they want to RP in, so she's accepted. Just please keep this in mind in the future.

(This isn't meant rudely or anything, and I'm sorry if it comes across as such. ^^')
(Also, sorry for so much to read... I swear, every time i go to leave a fairly short message, it turns into a long-winded rant. @-@)

@@RhythmicBrony
I'm glad to hear!  :yay:

Edited by Mint Drop
  • Brohoof 1

*sigh* i really want to be able to roleplay and quite honestky i have tried many times on this site. I really love to roleplay but there are so many rules and guidlines and restrictions (like the 200 character minumum, splitting the ooc from the rp, having to check to make sure its okay with the owner of the rp to be able to rp in it etc etc...) that it almost isnt fun. This is quite honestly like my fourth time im giving mlpforums another chance

For arguments sake, tempest has just moved into this town that the rp takes place in and she helps with the weather. She doesnt have much familly and she lives alone, taking a job transfer to this town because there is a shortage of pegasi working the area.

Edited by Pheonix_Flash

You're just biased because you have a crush on Candy. :P

xD replace me with Sunny, and you'd be correct. Sort of. I mean, they're already together. 

#otp :D

But for srsly, even if I didn't know you as well as I do, I probably would still have chosen one of your OCs :3 Candy was just the first one I thought of. Maybe because our RP's been going on for almost two years @-@

(If I have my math right.)

• Brohoof 1

If it makes anyone feel any better, Lektra is looking for a marefriend OOC. As in I'd like to do some romance with her. IC she's incredibly hard to get close to that way and I wish anyone trying lots of luck. I play her oblivious to her own bi-ism bordering on lesbian-ism most of the time. Almost asexual. That doesn't mean I as a player don't want romance for her, though.

@@~Phoenix~
Well, without rules or guidelines, everything would be chaos. That applies to ore than just roleplaying on a forum.
Also, please, um, try to capitalize correctly in future posts... It's kind of distracting that you don't capitalize anything.

With a palmfull of sand, the more you squeeze the sand, the more will fall out of your hands. Guidlines are a goid thing, but sometimes it can be just a little too much.

With a palmfull of sand, the more you squeeze the sand, the more will fall out of your hands. Guidlines are a goid thing, but sometimes it can be just a little too much.

(If I have my math right.)

How do I math minteh. Tell me. TELL ME.

All aside, thank you, I take your words as compliment. :P

Mate, I dunno really what to tell you. Yes, too much strictness with rules and whatnot can be bad. However, look at what's being asked of you, it's not that tight a hold on your freedoms to RP. Most of what we're asking is basically two things-

1. Be careful to make sure that your character actually fits into the story.

2. Be organized in some manner with how you post.

And ya know, some of it comes more naturally the more you do it. It was awkward for me to start RPing when I did, but I manage now, and rather shamelessly. Point is (while I normally don't push for dense conformity,) sometimes a little bit of adherence to the rules in place isn't gonna hurt anyone. Try your best, and don't be discouraged. Guidelines are guidelines. Nothing more. :)

If it makes anyone feel any better, Lektra is looking for a marefriend OOC. As in I'd like to do some romance with her. IC she's incredibly hard to get close to that way and I wish anyone trying lots of luck. I play her oblivious to her own bi-ism bordering on lesbian-ism most of the time. Almost asexual. That doesn't mean I as a player don't want romance for her, though.

In kinda the same light, Star Snare will need a coltfriend! :P

• Brohoof 1

Guys, especially Mint and Filly, is it a problem I won't be able to post until Tuesday at the earliest? Going to a Con for Valentine's Day *cough* Hearts and Hooves Day Weekend, and I will need to prepare. If it is a problem, I can try to squeeze in a post beforehand.

I know I said Tuesday but it's going to have to be today. I was still recovering from the Con yesterday. Also I wrote a blog about it!

Tonight I'll be updating RPs I'm in.

I am losing access to my neighbor's Internet Friday night, and I'm sick a bit. This shouldn't affect posting since I can make a WiFi hot spot, but just wanted you to know. I feel really terrible tonight.

• 2 weeks later...