Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think Imma cry now ;-;

Discordian

I was at work today and what do I see? A really hot girl who has her hair dyed in a rainbow and a baby blue t-shirt. I am 90% certain she was trying to look like Rainbow Dash.

There were a few things wrong with this situation that prevented me from asking her out:

1) I was at work. Fraternization with customers is a no-no. (Or most likely is, at the very least, don't think they covered that in the orientation but I know the rules about personal space in the work place)

2) She was with an older woman, likely her mother. Flirting with a girl with her mother around is only going to end badly.

3) She was more than likely a minor, making it impossible anyway

4) I have a weird shape to my body since I'm overweight, girls like that are usually taken or won't be interested one bit in a guy that looks like me.

Now, I'm not the "omg I must have a girlfriend/soulmate and if I don't I'm lonely and depressed" type of person, I could probably be alone my entire life and I'd be okay with that even though being with someone would likely be better, but this was an opportunity that had "score" written all over it.

Also, I don't believe this situation was 100% certain to be a fairy tale ending just because she may have liked MLP but it would have been a start.

fml

Posted Image

Edited by Discordian

Totally not stalkerish at all. :P

I asked them if they needed help but they either didn't hear me or ignored me. When I moved away from the freezer I was stocking the girl got into it but I had to move on.

;-;

Soo.... You wanted to ask her out but didn't? Man, fuck orientation. As long as nopony notices, who cares if you ask her out? This is (was) your chance dude. How likely is it you'll ever find another girl who's into FiM? I know it's easier to say than to do, but I would just go for it. The worst that would happen is you would be turned down or fired. Both of which arent exactly life changing.

lol After a year of being without work I think being fired from this job would seriously end my chances of getting a career for a very long time. Anywhere.

Plus, the other reasons I gave were also getting in the way. She was more than likely 15-17 years old. I'm 21. That's a big n-o.

Trust me on this one, a job is far more important to have than a TV show that has no way of being permanent or a girlfriend I can never have. My work comes first while I'm at work. Had I been off the clock however...

So... You're saying you saw a girl that was most likely cosplaying as RD and she was hot, and you wanted to ask her out but you didn't because she was probably like 17 so you just kept your mouth shut but you really wanted to ask her out because of her love of FIM, so much so that you made a thread here?

She probably doesn't even know about FiM.

I never said anything about cosplay. lol

I work at Wal Mart. She was shopping. Her hair looked like Rainbow Dash's mane and her shirt was the same color of her coat. That's why I was sure I saw a connection but not entirely sure. There was a possibility it was purely coincidence.

On top of that, I was on the clock and there's nothing I can do. Greeting a customer and flirting with her are two different things.

And again, she's a minor. You do know that if the parent so chooses it would have been illegal for me to date her anyway, right?

It wasn't an opportunity I could have taken. There was everything against me, the biggest thing being me on the clock. The job is far more important, especially since I just started two days ago.

I made this topic because it was a sad situation I could not take into my own hands for various reasons. Circumstances were against me.

I never said anything about cosplay. lol

I work at Wal Mart. She was shopping. Her hair looked like Rainbow Dash's mane and her shirt was the same color of her coat. That's why I was sure I saw a connection but not entirely sure. There was a possibility it was purely coincidence.

On top of that, I was on the clock and there's nothing I can do. Greeting a customer and flirting with her are two different things.

And again, she's a minor. You do know that if the parent so chooses it would have been illegal for me to date her anyway, right?

It wasn't an opportunity I could have taken. There was everything against me, the biggest thing being me on the clock. The job is far more important, especially since I just started two days ago.

I would have just asked her something about the show. Something she would only know if she had seen it. If she knew it I would just talk to her for a while, and then ask her her number so you could talk to her later. But I would only do that if I felt comfortable that she wouldn't tell her parents. If she seemed confused when you mention show references, I would just leave her alone because it may just be a coincidence.

If it was any other situation I probably would have but the fact that I was at work, on a job that requires me to constantly be working, I couldn't exactly take the time.

Plus the older lady (possible mother) was standing right there next to her.

This was not a situation I could take advantage of if I wanted to.

You could have at least started a conversation with her, or at least get your foot in the door, you could have said something like this. *Ahem* "I like your hair..." -wait for the thanks- "It looks very Rainbow Dash-like" then wait for a reply... if it seems like you can continue the conversation, then do it appropriately... Don't have to bring out the big flirty guns right away... and I don't think idle chit-chat won't get you fired, as long as you're not wasting more then 2-3 minutes...

It could have also have been just a coincidence as well... if so, you would get either a weird look after the "It looks very Rainbow Dash-like" or a "What?" response, and if that were the case, you just say "Nothing, haha" then brush the back of your head with your arm...

That's your safety net though, don't forget it... brushing the back of your head with your arm.

Edited by Scootaloo

Oh wait, I just realized there's another point I forgot to mention in my original post. When I saw her originally I hadn't noticed anything like that. I actually just saw her hair color and was like "Oh, a rainbow, that's unusual"

...It wasn't until I was off work three hours later that I realized it had a very close likeness to Rainbow Dash. It was even brushed in the same way.

So yeah, I couldn't take that chance since I didn't even realize it until later.

Even so, when I'm at work the work I'm doing is the only real thing on my mind so I don't think about that stuff.

Sorry if I don't sympathize but I have been known to flirt on the job. I once asked a girl out randomly when I worked at Walmart while I was unloading freight. She actually said yes but I later found out that she just accepted my offer because she was trying to get back at her ex boyfriend. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

You've worked at Wal-Mart for 2 days huh? I just hit 2 years a few weeks ago and haven't once seen a cute girl that looked like rainbow dash ;) In fact, I don't see any cute girls at all in my store. Could just be the fact that I work in the backroom unloading trucks though :P

You've worked at Wal-Mart for 2 days huh? I just hit 2 years a few weeks ago and haven't once seen a cute girl that looked like rainbow dash ;) In fact, I don't see any cute girls at all in my store. Could just be the fact that I work in the backroom unloading trucks though :P

But don't you also have to stock shelves, or does another crew do that? I met plenty of cute girls at my Walmart. I kinda wish I still worked there.

But don't you also have to stock shelves, or does another crew do that? I met plenty of cute girls at my Walmart. I kinda wish I still worked there.

Naw, there are other crews that stock the shelves, we just unload the trucks them move tons and tons of stuff around. Cause our backroom has tons of pallets laying around where they don't belong. It's utter chaos all over the store, because our management doesn't know what they are doing. Theres this elephant I know named Travis who could run things better than them :P

4) I have a weird shape to my body since I'm overweight, girls like that are usually taken or won't be interested one bit in a guy that looks like me.

Um... I like chubs. As long as you're not obese, you have nothing to lose by asking. ;3

The rest pretty much kills it though. Especially the part about "not fraternizing with customers". I mean, if a friend or relative enters the store, are you supposed to go "may I help you sir/madam"?

Professional life really sucks sometimes. :C

Yeah, there's a totally different group who does the stocking than ones who do the truck unloading.

I hate seeing random palettes in the backroom, it seems so disorganized, yet there doesn't seem to be anywhere official for them so everyone is just like "Just put the palettes in an empty hall in the backroom"

<.< Dammit though, I've been obsessing over it all day. Perhaps I'm a little more desperate for lovin' than I thought. lol

Dunno what it is about that particular girl, maybe it's the fact that it was such a rare opportunity, but I can't get it out of my mind. Dx

Naw, there are other crews that stock the shelves, we just unload the trucks them move tons and tons of stuff around. Cause our backroom has tons of pallets laying around where they don't belong. It's utter chaos all over the store, because our management doesn't know what they are doing. Theres this elephant I know named Travis who could run things better than them :P

We had to do everything. First we had to unload the trucks, then we took a break and then we had to stock shelves. If we finished stocking, we had to zone shelves. (pulling stuff to the front) It was a very tiring job but I kind of miss it. Unloading trucks was quite a workout.