Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think Imma cry now ;-;

Discordian

Were you working in a smaller store or a big supermart? That's probably the difference.

It's a supermarket but it's in a fairly small town so that may be it. I think there were two crews, us and a night crew that came in after us.

Also:

Posted Image

Edited by Apple Bloom

My last girlfriend was someone from Oregon who I met online but beyond that I haven't done online dating. Never used a service.

Also, it's not that I'm embarrassed about my weight. It's just I don't think anyone is gonna care about me because of it. I wanna lose a little weight but not for that reason.

I was at work today and what do I see? A really hot girl who has her hair dyed in a rainbow and a baby blue t-shirt. I am 90% certain she was trying to look like Rainbow Dash.

There were a few things wrong with this situation that prevented me from asking her out:

1) I was at work. Fraternization with customers is a no-no. (Or most likely is, at the very least, don't think they covered that in the orientation but I know the rules about personal space in the work place)

2) She was with an older woman, likely her mother. Flirting with a girl with her mother around is only going to end badly.

3) She was more than likely a minor, making it impossible anyway

What you might have done is struck up a seemingly random comment relating only to ponies. It would have answered your questions regarding that and at the same time, hopefully left enough of an impression that she would remember you in the event she ever returned. I speak from experience(I was a bagger at a grocery store before I joined the Corps) that a customer will be happy if you show interest in what interests them, so sometimes all it takes is a simple comment like "That outfit is 20% cooler, rock on." to achieve what I am talking about. If she(or anyone else in that matter) was delighted enough, they will likely say something back giving you a good basis for conversation. All that aside, who wouldn't enjoy being complimented for their tastes? :)

Subjects to avoid though while in this point: age

Solution: Just stick to ponies, if she is in high school then there is a likelyhood that she will do something to indicate as much from her demeanor and speech, perhaps even outright saying it without you asking.

Problem: She mentions something about school

Options: Remain silent on that subject or say something like "So what college do you go to?"(this however should ONLY be done if she seems to be remotely close to 18 as college is likely on her mind)

This can be construed as either a compliment or a bit stalkerish. Use your best judgement.

I know that none of this helps you with the situation at hand, however you can use this little tool for any future instances of such a thing.

4) I have a weird shape to my body since I'm overweight, girls like that are usually taken or won't be interested one bit in a guy that looks like me.

There are women who are into all shapes and sizes, this is not a once all say all situation. ;)

fml

Relax buddy, it's not the end of the world. :)

STEAL THE SECURITY TAPES!

I wanna see what the person looks like :L

Now that's just creeper talk, and that's not even to mention the trouble that would result from that.

I never ask girls out because I'm too scared

Fortune favors the bold, my friend. Edited by Leatherneck

lol Yeah, I know the situation isn't as dismal as I make it sound. I could probably find a girl if I really tried.

But it's gonna be harder now that liking (or at least tolerating) MLP is practically a prerequisite. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 11/13/2011 at 3:48 AM, Discordian said:

I was at work today and what do I see? A really hot girl who has her hair dyed in a rainbow and a baby blue t-shirt. I am 90% certain she was trying to look like Rainbow Dash.

Oh no, you missed the real Rainbow Dash! :wub:

You are allowed to cry. I would have done the same! Or... maybe I would have gone against my job's regulations, and asked her out.... Yea, you only get one chance in your life to ask out a Rainbow Dash! (lol, probably a lot more on a MLP conventions)

• 3 months later...

Rainbow Dash is not the only one with rainbow hair, I believe. Imagine you start dating someone with rainbow hair thinking they are a Brony, or worse, the Rainbow Dash herself! :wacko: