Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something from your childhood that you love/loved?

FeatherNight

I had a bear from when I was five named Brownie. I know it's lame, but he was probably my bff for the longest time. I loved him sosososo much. About four years ago something happened while I wasn't living here, and things had to be cleaned- somebody threw away the bag I had him in. I'm 21 and still cry over that bear, lol.

:(

I didn't feel better until my friends from Lotro offered to buy me a bear like him on my birthday. Which was really sweet.

My brother still likes to rub hair when he's tired, and my sister has a stuffed cat, I think.

What about you guys?

Edited by FeatherNight
  • Brohoof 3

I loved it when me and my family had cats <3 They were so fluffy and cute and soft <3 I loved them but then I became allergic and we needed give them away =(

I was so sad and I cried many days. It's been 10 years now and I can still remember the lovely cat like it was yeasterday. 

• Brohoof 1

Ack!! A reminder :c :o .

I used to love a blanket I had since birth. I still have it though it's tattered, and it doesn't mean much to me anymore :wacko:. What/who I've ever loved the most is with me now :).

Edited by SparkWolf
  • Brohoof 2

post-26672-0-28832600-1421793793_thumb.jpg

This little windmill that I and my father built when I was like 9-10 years old. It was really fun to be inside it, and I could also see the wings rotating from the window at school  :P Good times, but unfortunately a storm came and the wings rotated so fast it obliterated the whole thing :blush:

Edited by RaveRatchet
  • Brohoof 3

My cat! He's the bomb XD Also, a stuffed seal plushie I got when I was like 6 and still have. It's the soft toy I've probably interacted with and kept interest in for the longest XD

• Brohoof 2

My old Elmo doll. I had this old Elmo that was literally my best friend. I took him everywhere I went. I also called him Raggedy old Elmo doll because he was so old. XD He was blind too. I miss him so much though. TT____TT Something happened to him when we moved, and I haven't found him yet either.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe this isn't what you had in mind, but when I think of my childhood, I always think of this specific flavor of Doritos.  If I remember correctly,  there was a picture of a cornucopia on the front.  That's all I remember.  Those were the best.  My favorite chips.  They stopped making that flavor many, many years ago.  Sometimes I wonder if they never existed, and I just dreamed it.

Here's something more similar to what everyone else has said: I had a stuffed bullfrog that was a wind-up music box.  It played Raindrops Are Fallin on My Head.  My mom would wind him up every night before bed when I was little.  I couldn't sleep without hearing him play.  I also had a little music box that played Send in the Clowns.  I loved that, too.  I still have both, in a box somewhere.  The frog doesn't work anymore, though.  Send in the Clowns still plays, so I recorded it and saved a digital version.  I tear up when I hear it for some reason.  The frog would have the same effect, if he still worked.

• Brohoof 3

Super Nintendo and a game called Mystic Quest. It is viewed as a bad game nowadays but that is all I had back in the day. I loved playing it because it was like an adventure and the only adventure game I had besides Mario until I was able to get a N64. Where I spend most of my time on Legend of Zelda. From there I moved onto Metal Gear Solid on PS1, which is my all time favorite game of that decade. It blew my mind and I must have beat it 30 something times by myself and quite a few times with a friend.

A TV Show I used to watch a lot was Full House and Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Ed, Edd, Eddy and Dragonball Z. Seen every episode of each at least once.

I used to have a Darth Vader action figure where you could take off his helmet and came with his own lightsaber. It was fun times back when I was forced to use my imagination. He was my favorite villain back then.

My father started me with Black Sabbath's self-titled album when I was 6 or 7 and my love for music just grew from there.

That was my childhood hobbies in a quick nutshell.

• Brohoof 1

Dragon Tales. Oh my god I was so obsessed with that show. My favorite was Cassie since that's my nickname only spelled differently and what I usually go by. I always took an Ord plushie with me. ;3;

Super Nintendo and Super Mario All-Stars, that remains my favourite game console with my favourite games, Super Nintendo made up the majority of my childhood, more than the original NES did, so I have fond memories of waking up on the weekends, and play some Super Nintendo. Mario 3 and Mario World were the games I played the most, with my friend who lived next door to me, on summer vacation, we could spend hours on SNES, passing the controller back and forth or play in two player mode, until we got bored and would go outside. The old house in San Antonio, that my parents built themselves, it was a great home, and the neighbours were so friendly, it was in a desert location, so we could look outside and see the plateaus and arid sand, filled with cactus, we eventually moved into Houston, and built a new home in Sugar Land, and created new fond memories there, but the connection I had with our first home, gets me all sentimental, I can still remember the smell, the sights and I can feel myself walking through that house, it is still there, and some else lives there, but I hope to reclaim it again, but even if I don't, the old house will live on in my memory. 

• Brohoof 1

Thomas the Tank Engine. I absolutely loved that show, and I owned several of the toys back when I was 5-7 years old. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any of them now, and I've really only managed to hang on to only one toy from my childhood: a 14-inch, gray-and-purple T-Rex figure. I've had it since I was four, and as proof, I have a photograph of my four-year-old self playing with it (I'm 24 now). It's actually in pretty decent condition for its age, though the end of its tail broken off and its teeth aren't quite as pointy as they used to be. 

I really can't explain why I've hung onto this as opposed to any other toy I had as a kid. In any case, I plan to give it to my own kids one day (whenever I have kids). 

Oh man, there are a couple things from my childhood/teenager hood that I loved/miss.

First off - I have a bear named Mikey that I've had since before I was born, haha.  (There are pictures of my mom going off to the hospital to have me, and she's got Mikey under one arm)  I can't believe he used to be bigger than me at one point! XD  Anyhow, he's ancient, and smells like old things, and he's been through the washer probably too many times to count and I still love him dearly.

Another thing I miss like crazy was my original Super Nintendo and my first copy of Super Mario RPG.  I have new ones of both, yeah, but I miss the original ones because they were mine, yanno?

My lego boba fett, the old version where the helmet and the jetpack were one piece. I remember I lost him once and was devastated, but I found him like a month later (forget where).

Boba_fett_original.jpg

Of course he was a total badass when I played legos. He's currently at my friend's house, he's been there for like 4 years and I've yet to recover him along with my gamecube controller and gameboy advance sp 

• Brohoof 1

My Furball (from Tiny Toons) plushie. This was my Velveteen Rabbit growing up, I carried him everywhere with me. He's been dragged through the mud, patched up more times than I can remember, had his arm and nose eaten by a dog and his eyes redrawn on, but I love him just the same! You know the term "loved alive"...totally applies to Furball here. :kindness:

furball.jpg

• Brohoof 2