Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something from your childhood that you love/loved?

FeatherNight

Thomas-The-Train-Toys-9.jpg

I remember coming home from a family holiday one year, and the first thing I did was lay these guys down on the living room floor and just screw around with them  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

img-3434913-1-Thomas-The-Train-Toys-9.jp

I remember coming home from a family holiday one year, and the first thing I did was lay these guys down on the living room floor and just screw around with them  :wub:

Hell yeah! Thomas the Tank Engine FOREVER!!!

img-3434913-1-Thomas-The-Train-Toys-9.jp

Guess that I should have seen this earlier hmm  :toldya:

Pokemon. Just that. Most Pokemon toys games, and VHS/DVDs of the anime I had.

Also, I really loved carrying around stuffed animals. I've switched around between them throughout my childhood. I've had teddy bears, turtles, monkeys, Pokemon, characters from movies I liked at the time, all kinds of stuff.

My trusty old PS1. I would spend hours playing my favourite PS1 games (and failing at them). I don't play it as much as I did as a child, but it did bring tonnes of fun memories. From time to time I even like to set it up and play my favourite games again.

I also loved a doll I had, which I named "Dolly". I would carry her around wherever I go. I still have her, but one of her arms is missing.

Edited by Odyssey

I have a teddy bear called Fluffy. Used to play pretend-games and pretend-scenarios with it.

And a blankie which was knitted by my maternal grandmother. It's really big and really warm... also itchy. :v

Edited by Kyo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
(edited)

My action figures and toy cars. I actually still have all of them somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can remember where.

Edited by Cash_In

I don't have anything that I'm personally attach to, I get bored easily.

I have a blanket from when I was very small. Others had plushies, I had my blanket and it's extremely important to me. I still sleep with it balled up in my arms. 

I definitely loved and still miss to this day playing games with my 3 childhood friends around my house for basically the entire day. Playing games from GTA SA to Dragonball to Pokemon. I also especially miss when we all would play Minecraft, all sat around this same table with our computers playing on the same server.

Also talking about stuffed animals, I used to have 3 stuffed animals that I named "Catty", "Penguin" and "Puppy". I used to adore them and they'd always sleep next to me every night, keeping me company and giving me something to snuggle. I still have them actually but they're so old now, slightly ripped and dirty as they lie there in my draw never likely to come back out again.

EDIT: Well never mind. I just found out my mum threw them away :(

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You was the first cartoon I was exposed to. So, I have and will always have a huge love for it and many other Scooby-Doo incarnations.

I also believe that it contributed to my love of the mystery genre.

I have my plushies. They're my most loved things, even though I don't think of them as 'things' so much as people or family. I have a few other odd items like a Star Wars Landspeeder that I'm very fond of. It's not really a girl's toy but it has sentimental value for various reasons. 

• Brohoof 1

I miss my bliss and self-confidence, as well as my physical strength. The burden of responsibility is coming down hard now, and a couple months back I was diagnosed with anxiety. When I was young I could fall on hard ground (like from my scooter or from tripping) and get up no problem. Now, if I fell, I'd likely be black and blue-bruised and have a hundred bones shattered (I get a few mental scares of that occasionally).