Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music taste before/after becoming a brony

Green Precision

Pretty simple question, What kind of music did you like before you became a brony, compared to after? 

Some might not have changed at all, some did, like mine ;)

Before:

I liked, humiliatingly, minecraft parodies, i spent way too much money on purchasing minecraft parodies and songs off of itunes... Because, well, i loved them so much.. 

This being Phantaboulous, ThnxCya, and xViperLink

After: 

Ehem, this is what i like to call "real music" for me. Dubstep, Electric, synthesized music, and remixes..

(i wonder why :/ )  

Now, well, needless to say.... 

Mondopony, TLT, Black Gryph0n, Baasik, and Slyphstorm 

So whatabout you?

• Brohoof 1

Before: Mostly video game music, some other songs, but yeah.

After: More video game music, and eventually it grew to some of the older songs I listened to and now I listen to a lot of Linkin park, because of a friend (that's a brony) that got me into them, so yeah. xD Plus some other songs, mostly Rock/Nu-Metal/Metal, some electronic house music, not much, but yeah.

None is brony music because I just don't like it. So yeah, my music taste has never had brony music in it and it never will. :3 That's just me.

• Brohoof 1

Basically no change whatsoever.  I don't listen to any of the fandom's music (on my own at least), since most of it is EDM or something similar, and it just sounds like an angry dial-up modem with craptons of unnecessary bass. I do have some brony friends who have suggested some metal bands that I should really give a listen to sometime.

• Brohoof 2

Before: Meh never really listened to music on my own but liked a lot of random songs/artists over many years.

after: same but I actually seek out and listen to MLP songs from the show.  "winter wrap up", yeah I put that on my phone and jam out to it when I walk home from school.

It's pretty much the same as before, but i got strangely addicted to progressive rock since i became a brony.

Not much has changed.  I used to listen to rock and some electronic/pop music (namely Owl City, which I still listen to today) 

Now I listen to dubstep/dnb, ambient/post-rock, metal, I guess a little bit of everything to be honest.  I don't know if it's anything to do with ponies or not.  But I do listen to some brony musicians.  Bronies have a LOT of talent when it comes to music

Before-

Lol Justin Bieber...some Country like Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton. But the Justin Bieber part is very sad. He's so terrible. Don't listen to Country really anymore.

After-

Pop music basically. I really enjoy Taylor Swift a lot more, Lorde, Hey Ocean! and other stuff like that.

• Brohoof 2

Before I listened to a lot of dubstep and house.

Afterwards I started to delve deeper into the EDM community and found genres such as deep house, nu disco and trance. ;p

• Brohoof 1

Before I was a brony, I listened exclusively to rock and metal. 

Upon becoming a brony, my music taste shifted to exclusively brony music. For, like, a year and a half. 

These days, I'm a bit of both. I'm a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan (I've got, like, 6 of their albums) though I enjoy some techno here and there. I listen to a lot of classic pop and rock. I've been soaking up in 90s music lately lol

Didn't change at all.

I still have a strong distaste for electronic/house/dubstep music

Though this is likely unrelated, i've developed an increased interest and liking to space rock since becoming a brony.

• Brohoof 1

I never became a Brony, but I can talk about my music tastes before when I started watching FiM and now...

I would say the main difference (which has absolutely nothing to do with my newfound interest in MLP) is that now I listen to a lot more Folk (more to the point: Any folk, since it is a newly discovered genre for me) and a bit more classic soul/r&b and soft rock, whereas in 2011 I was more into Renaissance and Baroque Pop music. I still listen to Renaissance, and my interest in Early Music is actually exactly what led me to the Folk genre, because sometimes (talking more English/Traditional) they take melodies and words from Early Music pieces for their songs.

I listen to a whole lot of what I did back then, as for those that I really do not, I suppose they'll come back in interest to me someday, because that's kind of the way it works. There was a time where I didn't listen to my favorite soft rock artists (Bread, America, etc.) as much.

Oh, I forgot - back in 2011 the only really Progressive Rock I was into was Jazz Rock (really mainly the Brass Rock side, in my case), but now I've expanded beyond that a little bit. Likewise I know a lot more 'Brass Rock' bands than I did back then.

Edited by Envy

before I loved Technio and Trance even when I was a Brony I preferred that... but then too many DJs kept confusing Technio with Dubstep and I hated Dubstep (I still do) so now I listen to Classic Rock, 90s, 80s, 70s, and Classical Music.... oh and some fan made MLP Songs