Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music taste before/after becoming a brony

Green Precision

Before: Nirvana, Red hot chilli peppers, Pearl jam, system of a down, rage against the machine

After: Nirvana, Red hot chilli peppers, Pearl jam, System of a down, rage against the machin, MLP sound track, Brony remixes :smug:

I really feel much happier then Before, the songs in MLP are pure joy and happiness :wub:

My music taste has definitely changed, but I don't think being an MLP fan has had anything to do with that, since I've never been a fan of brony music.

However, it's possible that the fandom has had a slight influence on me, since I've gotten to meet people from all over the world, and perhaps that's how I realized that there is good music in other languages besides English :huh:

Edited by SparklingSwirls

Before all this, I was into the same shitty pop music that most people like nowadays, but that was when I was young and stupid.

Nowadays, I listen to mostly rock music.

Edited by Imagine

My musical tastes are unchanged.

I liked good music before I was a brony. Good rock, metal, dubstep, orchestral, ect. And I dislikes bad genres, like rap. (Though I will admit, I am no rap expert. If there is such thing as good rap music, quote this post and link no less than three good rap songs.)

And now, I still like good music from the good music genres.

Before, I would just listen to whatever was on the radio, but I had a specific love for rock, pop, and orchestral. The oldest stuff I listened to was 80s hair metal.

When I joined, I almost immediately formed a reactionary, blood-curdling distaste for the majority of brony music. Not all, but definitely the vast majority. This soon spread to almost all electronic music (with the exception of ambient sci-fi music. I still adore that shit.), and then eventually to almost all modern music in general (again, though, there are certainly exceptions). Nowadays, about 90% of what I listen to is mid 20th century classics (from the late 30s to early-mid 70s), but with special exemptions given to modern songs that stand out from the crowd.

So, basically Rock, Jazz, Blues, Big Band, Swing, and classic R+B.

Edited by Mand'alor Dash

Before: Mostly mainstream music, things like pop, rock, etc. and there weren't many songs in my playlist.

After: Mostly brony music, more along the lines of dubstep, electro, etc. and I had a rather large selection of songs.

Current: Pretty much entirely xKito and Monstercat music, with a much wider variety of genres (dubstep, melodic dubstep, chillstep, drumstep, drum and bass, glitch hop, house, future bass, etc.), and still a pretty large selection so far. :3

So yeah, it definitely changed over time after I became a brony. :)

• Brohoof 1

Before: Mostly mainstream music, things like pop, rock, etc. and there weren't many songs in my playlist.

After: Mostly brony music, more along the lines of dubstep, electro, etc. and I had a rather large selection of songs.

Current: Pretty much entirely xKito and Monstercat music, with a much wider variety of genres (dubstep, melodic dubstep, chillstep, drumstep, drum and bass, glitch hop, house, future bass, etc.), and still a pretty large selection so far. :3

So yeah, it definitely changed over time after I became a brony. :)

Wow I don't find many people who like monstercat as well. Brohoof to you my friend /)

• Brohoof 1

Before: Things like Muse,Linkin Park, Daft Punk, Prodigy and Pendulum and Eminem. So rock, drum 'n' bass and some rap.

After: Lot more electronic, house, club style, and I listen to a lot more remixes. Don't listen to Linkin Park, Prodigy and Pendulum, but still listen to Muse and Daft Punk, and every now and then Eminem.

• Brohoof 1

I've always loved Rock and Metal, but ever since joining the fandom and listening to all the great music it produces, I've certainly become a big fan of dubstep and stuff similar. I honestly never thought I would, but it's awesome!

Edited by Raritas

It's pretty much the same, I don't really have a preferred genre of music. If I like a song, I'll listen to it. Simple as.

I've all kinds of music on my player, after watching the show the only thing that changed was that the soundtrack was added, and a few fanmade tracks I've come across. :)

I've always been into chiptune, rock (of various prefixes), orchestral (not limiting it to classical), VGMs, and sometimes J-Pop. Oh, and that music made my screeching floppy disk drives.

Once I became a brony, I was obviously exposed to the brony music scene. So, dubstep, all that sort of EDM stuff.

I hate it.
I still like what I've always liked, but I have a new distaste for all this EDM and dubstep that wears the label of "brony music". Oftentimes it fallaciously wears the label of "music", too.

I liked metal/rock and dubstep before, but now I find myself enjoying only electronic music. I like the metal covers of MLP songs, but regular old rock seems kinda boring to me now, which is ironic because my OC is a metalhead. I'll have to change that, now won't I? XD

I've been gaining more respect for other genres of music via My Little Pony.

1. My Little Pony songs are life...

2. Weird Al's Polka is very upbeat and makes me happy :D

3. I recently saw the Beat It PMV, and I know respect Michael Jackson's music 10x more.

Also, NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THE PMV!

Ahem, sorry...It was so beautiful... here have one:

My tastes didn't change that much. Before I was into rock and metal, still am. Something that has changed is I find myself enjoying some dubstep and electronic music when I used to hate it, and listen to a lot of fan made songs. I still like metal though.

I wouldn't say my taste has changed, but when I hear songs from an artist I haven't heard from before, I just think "why haven't I heard of them before?".

Edited by Vulon Bii