Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music taste before/after becoming a brony

Green Precision

Gotta say, I think becoming a brony opened me up to a lot of electronic music. I'd say that's mostly due to The Living Tombstone and his stuff.

Considering almost all that I listen to now is electronic music and its subgenres, I'm pretty happy that I caught onto it. x3

I've listened to basically all kinds of music for years – any genre can have songs I like, even if I prefer some (such as rock). As such, I don't think becoming a brony had an effect on my music taste at all. I do listen to pony songs sometimes, but that they're about ponies is only a part of their appeal – I'm sure I'd have liked many of them anyway, if I had found them somehow (in fact, I listened to a couple of MLP songs a while before I finally started watching the series).

• Brohoof 2

Hmmmm....it doesnt really change but for sure, I listen to MLP musics more than I do with other musics

For example :

Back then, running in the 90s & dejavu (initial d). Now, Discord by Eurobeat Brony

just a small change, I still do listen to other musics from every now and then but MLP songs just dominate right now

They haven't really. Metal-head before Bronydom and metal-head after. The only real change of note was exploring more sub-genres, as my joining the heard came only a few years after delving further into heavy metal as both a genre and a subculture. 

My music tastes have changed regardless of me being a fan of MLP. MLP hasn't inspired me to change my music tastes.

Before: 

Dubstep from : AU5, Fractal;

House from: Tobu. 

After: 

MLP songs from the show, especially remixes;

Bach's fugues and Mozart's classics works, Lizts etudes and Rasphady;

Dubstep from: Au5, L.M, AjYoung, Susiki, Mentlegen, Exiark, Einarx.... etc...

• Brohoof 1

Well, I will say that I've listened to a lot more pony music since becoming a brony than before. :twi: I think my tastes have changed a bit because of it though. I'm a lot more into hard and energetic electronic and metal music than I used to be, though most of it's still pony stuff. No one else in my family likes that stuff. ^_^

• 1 year later...

Before getting into MLP I was (and still am actually) into a lot of Pop, 80's, and a lot of indie music.

But MLP definitely introduced me to Dubstep and Synthwave music, and I'm forever grateful for that.

• 4 months later...

Since I got into the fandom, my music taste hat a lot of changes in this time. Before I became a fan of the show, I only listened to metal and also really heavy stuff like Thrash and Death Metal. While I was in the fandom, I got a big interest into EDM. Nowadays, I still listen to metal (but mostly progressive and melodic death metal) and EDM (mostly prog House and uplifting Trance), but I also have a big interest into Rock, Indie and Folk. You can say my music taste got bigger and more open. But I also would not say that this has something to do with MLP (ecept maybe for EDM). 

Edited by IronM17