Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone have an idea on how to repair a Funko vinyl figure Luna?

ManaMinori

My poor Luna took a tumble off her display in the middle of the night, and her tail snapped off, right at the clear part attached fairly close to her rear. And ideas on how to fix her? ;_;

Ouch. Did the tail separate cleanly, or is it a jagged break? If you could an image would be helpful and I may be able to walk you through the process of repair (hobby #213 is model and toy repair :please:), but I need to to know if you have to file or sand down a piece. 

(edited)

Ouch. Did the tail separate cleanly, or is it a jagged break? If you could an image would be helpful and I may be able to walk you through the process of repair (hobby #213 is model and toy repair :please:), but I need to to know if you have to file or sand down a piece. 

ouch, indeed. ;_; The damage looks pretty ugly. Her tail snapped right where it attaches to her butt, and it's kind of a slanted break at that. The top part just completely exposes part of the hole in her body skulp, and the lower half (where the tail should be) has lile a little shelf of plastic jutting out from the hole.

I can try to take a pic, but my ipod camera is pretty shitty.

damage_zps20fb9331.png

damage2_zpsb46edfb0.png

damage3_zps49542b84.png

so does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to fix my Luna ASAP

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

Well, the most simplest way of repairing something like that is get some CLEAR super glue of some sort, and then put a little bit so the

glue doesn't go spilling out or make a noticeable mess on the piece, but just enough to let it stick on good. Then carefully put back on

the tail and make it stick there for maybe an hour just to be sure. That's how I usually fix my figures that break off a piece or related

items. I do have to agree, ouch. As a last note to think about, if you do my idea, try your best not to let it fall or so.  ;)

Couple months ago, my Fluttershy vinyl fell and broke her tail off, too. First, I tried using a glue gun to get it back on. Do not do this. Didn't work. Superglue was the way to go, definitely. So, yeah. Superglue it, let it sit for a while, badda bing badda boom, good as new.

Superglue will work for that type of break, but you also may want to lightly sand down (using a low grit) the areas that don't look like they fit right anymore. If any touch up pain is needed, bring the piece into a hobby shop. They should be able to match the color. 

Awwww man! The tail is so heavy that I imagine it would be hard to put back on, even with superglue. Gorrilla glue maybe? They say that stuff stays pretty well like cement, although I haven't tried that specific brand before.

super glue, or a special chemical bonding agent that melts the plastic (going offo of model building) and then a super fine file or sand paper to clean the spot but be careful. There is no easy way to make a repair like that otherwise I dould just do my best to find a accrylic based paint to cover the parts that are painted.