Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you really die to save someone you love?

Wyzecat

People often say that they'd die to save somebody that they love. But really, despite what you say, would you? Would you, in the heat of the moment, reflexively push that person that you love out of the path of a car and get killed instead or jump in the path of a gunshot to save them? Or would you not sacrifice yourself, given the thought of dying, as well as the fact that you wouldn't have time to decide?

Personally, I don't think that would be able to sacrifice myself or at least make the decision in time, especially in the heat of the moment, due to self-preserving thoughts and indecisiveness.

What about you?

• Brohoof 6

I might not be able make the snap decision fast enough, but there's little doubt in my mind that i'd step in. Knowing i could have advocated important change, and instead dwelling on regret is something i fear much more, and besides - i place little value in myself over others anyway.

• Brohoof 2

I would. But there's always a chance that fear might take over before heroism/protection kicks in. Still, fear can be defeated by someone's love, even in the bleakest of times.  :grin2:

• Brohoof 2

Do I win bonus ducks if nobody dies?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the heat of the moment... No i wouldn't and not because i don't love that person but just because i don't react to things that fast and i think fear would take over me.

If i had time to think about it, Like we either kill the one you love or yourself, I would pick myself

Edited by Code
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, absolutely. I've come close to killing before (not something I am proud of) and I do not fear death. I'm a bit hardened on the subject due to past events. So not just someone I love, but a complete stranger if it's necessary. Way I see it, there are plenty of people out there with more to bring to the world than I, and a life saved can change that life. Sometimes people need a little motivation. I make it sound dramatic, but I really do believe that dying a martyr, in my case, is more preferable than any other way, and giving my own life in saving another is actually one of the things I live for.

Side note, though, I don't mean to sound like I think of myself as worthless, nor do I mean to make it more dramatic than necessary, but I really did mean every word. 

In any case, I don't think anyone in our world deserves death. I don't agree with all things that people say or do, and I am inclined to fight many of those things, but as long as someone's not trying to harm my loved ones, someone else, or myself, they are immediately worth saving in my opinion. 

/enddeeprant.

#sorryI'mSuchADramaN'Stuff

:)

• Brohoof 3

Yes, absolutely. I've come close to killing before (not something I am proud of) and I do not fear death. I'm a bit hardened on the subject due to past events. So not just someone I love, but a complete stranger if it's necessary. Way I see it, there are plenty of people out there with more to bring to the world than I, and a life saved can change that life. Sometimes people need a little motivation. I make it sound dramatic, but I really do believe that dying a martyr, in my case, is more preferable than any other way, and giving my own life in saving another is actually one of the things I live for.

Side note, though, I don't mean to sound like I think of myself as worthless, nor do I mean to make it more dramatic than necessary, but I really did mean every word. 

In any case, I don't think anyone in our world deserves death. I don't agree with all things that people say or do, and I am inclined to fight many of those things, but as long as someone's not trying to harm my loved ones, someone else, or myself, they are immediately worth saving in my opinion. 

/enddeeprant.

#sorryI'mSuchADramaN'Stuff

:)

...You are one of the greatest people to have ever graced this world... 

• Brohoof 2

...You are one of the greatest people to have ever graced this world... 

I hardly think so. I don't believe there are good (great) or bad (evil) people either. Just people who do good and bad. I hate to quote a comic for such a matter, but Joker put it very well: "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy." It's all a matter of circumstance, I think. Forgiveness is a decent notion that should be shared among all, as difficult as it is, and no one will ever nail it perfectly in our world. Regardless of all of this, I accept your words as tribute. I get far too deep into these conversations, forgive me.

:P

• Brohoof 3

I hardly think so. I don't believe there are good (great) or bad (evil) people either. Just people who do good and bad. I hate to quote a comic for such a matter, but Joker put it very well: "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy." It's all a matter of circumstance, I think. Forgiveness is a decent notion that should be shared among all, as difficult as it is, and no one will ever nail it perfectly in our world. Regardless of all of this, I accept your words as tribute. I get far too deep into these conversations, forgive me.

:P

Your words are just making me like you more and more. I enjoy these kinds of deep philosophical discussions. 

I myself am a man of balance. Of the between; I don't believe in "good" or "evil". And I am inclined to agree also that forgiveness is unfortunately a trait few people even share anymore. So please, be as deep as you please; your thoughts are refreshing to my eyes and brain. :) 

• Brohoof 3

Probably. Id do anything for my close friends and my family. Sure I'm scared of dying and any kind of pain, but I'd like to think that I'd put my selfish feelings aside and save someone if I could.

Hell back when I was like 3 I almost died. My mom swerved into a ditch when it was pouring rain. Nobody was on the road for miles except the man who saved my life. The car was filling with water and my sister, my mom, and I would have drowned. But this man saw the lights from our car and stopped to jump into the rising water to save us despite the fact he couldn't swim. I owe him my life for his heroism.

• Brohoof 3

If I have the time to jump infront of a bullet, they have the time go get away. Kidding.

On a serious note, yes. But only my partner, anyone else will take some more consideration.

• Brohoof 1

If someone I love was in danger.. I wouldn't get caught up in the moment. I will almost instantly do something that would give them a better chance of survival. If I was unable to do something though, as they may be too far from my grasp. I will avenge them, even if it puts my own life in serious danger. No one deserves to die.. unless they take lives. 

• Brohoof 1

When you love someone wholeheartedly, and unconditionally, you will literally do anything for them. I can 100% say that I would sacrifice myself for someone I love, whether it be a family member, or my special somepony.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly it's hard to say when you're not truly in the moment, you could think totally differently than you're thinking now. I'd like to think I would.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I would. If I was still alive after I died to save them I would try to not think of how sad they must feel that I died. Cause I'm pretty sure they would do the same for me. So if we had time we'd probably argue about who should die. Each of us wanting to die for the other.

• Brohoof 1