Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open (RP) Ponies & Dragons [Dungeons & Dragons Style Roleplay]

Sir Punicpunch

'Aight, let's do this!

(Should I make it Equestria or not, I said I was going by off-show, but I dunno, SUGGESTIONS)

Link to OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/119262-ooc-ponies-dragons-dungeons-dragons-style-roleplay/

Setting: It's mid day in the land of ponies, almost not a cloud in the sky and the sun is shining bright. The sun seems to be impacting the different communities, as even the misers are smiling and trotting happily.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

As the sun shines bright, many customers began to enter your shop, with a variety of differences. Large ponies wanting armors or weapons, dainty mares wanting beautiful decor for their nice homes, and various other ponies, the day is picking up quick before the first hour is even done.

@@ClockworkMLP,

As you trot over to your store, you look around and become happy as the town is brightened up by the intense light from the sun. You see the sign to your store, "Clockwork's Hooves" and you enter, ready to begin the day.

@@cybernote nyan,

As you fly around and look up at the sun, the rainbow normally appearing behind becomes more opaque and noticeable. You eventually land down in a quite busy town, ponies trotting around smiling, it's a relatively happy day in the land.

@@White Out,

As you open the door to your home, you notice that the ponies are prancing around in a stampede-like matter, you wonder if ponies could lose a majority of their things whilst trampling around like this. You strap on your saddlebags and investigate.

(Sorry if it sucks, as I said, first RP,)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crystal tends to each pony and makes sure they leave happy and well helped. Even at the start of the day she is really borde. She feels that opening this shop does lend a help to her crystal craft, but it doesn't lend itself to truely test the craft's skill. Once all of the morning rush customers are happy and gone, she says, "I am borde. I just wish for a little adventure to come my way."

(Leave it to me to forget that there was a link to the actual RP board, and sit around wondering when and where we were supposed to start. My bad entirely.)

Serendipity yawned and pushed a mop of mane out of her face once the door was open; mornings were never her strong suit. Mind you, it was the middle of the afternoon, but Dippy referred to 'mornings' as any time she woke up. Rearranging paperclips kept her up longer than she intended.

The crowd outside was certainly bustling, which was odd for taking place right outside of her house. Dippy didn't see ponies, however-- she saw potential customers.

Cha-ching.

She threw on her saddlebags and haphazardly flopped her hair into something semi-respectable before leaving the house, making sure to lock the door behind her and flip the sign hanging off the knob to 'The Manager Is Out'. Seeing that the crowd seemed to be following a stampeding route, the earth pony yawned heartily again and turned her attention to the direction they were heading. Maybe somepony would drop a wedding band or a nice earring in the commotion; it never hurt to dream.

(Also, Equestria's fine, and Ponyville is something we're all familiar enough with so you don't have to describe every road in detail. It's not the most original setting, but it's certainly one we're all on the same page about.)

Edited by White Out

(Alright, we'll do parallel universe Equestria with the same towns and such, but without the familiar characters and, more monsters :fiery: )

@@Midnight_Aurora,

As you finish up you're work, an earth pony in a disheveled dark orange mane with stress-induced white streaks in it and a coat of a rather intense red coat walked up to the counter and unstrapped it's saddlebag and pulled out a flyer. "Have you seen this gem? It's really important to me...and I can't find it anywhere.!" He talked quickly with an anxious tone. The flyer had a picture of a flint-looking gem, although it was shiny, as if it were a poorly cut onyx. He waited impatiently for an answer.

@@White Out,

As you scour the roads for lost jewelry or collectibles, until you find a seemingly hastily rolled up scroll with ripped up ends and a loosely tied ribbon on it to keep it enclosed. What do you do?*

*(Expect me to say this a lot, it's a habit of mine)

Crystal goes into the back and brings forth a moderate size box.

"Gems, crystals and clouds are my specialty. But a lost gem would be Dippy's area. I however have these."

She shows him the gems in her box. All are shiny flint-looking gems. She lets him find the ones he want.

"Would you like a necklace or other item made of them? The price is modest compared to most."

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

(Hasbro owns the rights to Wizards of the Coast, so technically the bestiary is canon in MLP. Go for it.)

Serendipity tromped along, not quite able to figure out where the crowd was going but certainly capable of her usual scavenging habits. She scanned the ground, looking for any signs of a glimmer of jewelry, when suddenly-

"...oh?" the mare inquired, almost stepping on what she originally assumed was a rolled-up piece of newspaper. She lifted a hoof and the scroll with it, yawned as the surrounding crowd passed her by, and squinted inquisitively at the outsides. Looked like trash, old and slightly torn and yellowing with age, but something wasn't quite right here...she wasn't nearly awake enough to think straight to figure it out immediately, unfortunately. Dippy ran her best appraisal on the item post-haste, trying to shake off the afternoon tiredness.

Old...maybe old enough to have value? Could be a magic scroll some unicorn lost; those are pricey. The ribbon sure is fancy, so it's gotta be worth something to somepony.

The nagging curiosity to see what was inside bit at the back of the mare's mind, but she was more professional than that; Dowser's Dowsings had a very strict guarantee on not opening lost messages, and she wasn't about to compromise her own company's promises just to see what the inside of a dirty old scroll was.

Shrugging away the last of the niggling curiosity, Dippy opened a flap and carefully placed the rolled-up parchment inside of her saddlebag. Somepony would probably be happy to find it at her shop, at the very least. She'd appraise a good fee later. For now, Dippy continued her search; the day was off to a good start, and she didn't want to lose her momentum yet.

[inventory Added: 1x Unusual Scroll]

(I have enough DnD books to be aware of that ;) )

@@Midnight_Aurora,

"N-no... I, nevermind..." The pony said "Just tell me if you find my stone, I lost it somewhere in the Everfree Forest" He was about to leave but turned around to the Pegasus once again. "Where can I find this 'Dippy' you mentioned earlier?" he asked.

@@White Out,

As Dippy continued to search, she found nothing. The sun was soon covered up by a cloud and the traffic came to a slow. The streets became nearly desolate in the span of 30 seconds.

Crystalwing says, "She has a shop on the other side of town. I tend to go there for my gems. If I see it I will hold it for you."

She gives him a parchment with directions to Dippy's place. She then looks t be getting ready to head out. It takes her a bit to gather her hoofbow and arrows, armor and gear.

Dippy let out a hiss of disappointment as the crowd dispersed, a sudden glum mood overcoming the area as a cloud decided to rudely take up its position in the sky. With the crowd gone, it was easy to see that there wasn't a single other lost piece of 'treasure' in the area, and Serendipity was forced to move on to greener pastures. But where to go? Maybe a bar or two? Drunken ponies tended to drop stuff a whole lot in her experience, but it wasn't late enough for the usual clumsy crowd to start in those yet. The park might be a good place to check, but she'd already combed through that place yesterday, so there wasn't much of a chance she'd find something new this quickly.

Business had been dry recently; not a whole lot of big finds, besides maybe the scroll she'd just procured. Ponies were getting smart about keeping their stuff under a close eye, and while that was good for the security of the townsponies' wealth, it wasn't so good for the business. Eventual bankruptcy loomed on the far horizon, but it wasn't close enough to spark a panic yet. It'd be nice for somepony to stupidly lose, like, a priceless artifact or something right now, though. Is one really stupid, really expensive mistake on somepony else's part really too much to ask for?

Nah, that'd never happen. Dippy decided she would pay the local shops a visit; she hadn't talked with any of the girls recently anyway. Maybe Crystalwing lost something pricey recently; that pegasus would lose her head if it wasn't screwed onto her shoulders.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

As you begin to leave, you notice the outside to be a bit gloomier and cloudier, and almost nopony was out and about. The Everfree Forest wasn't too far from the town.

@@White Out,

As Dippy headed towards one of the shops, she saw a troubled red pony walk out of Crystalwing's shop, and head down the streets. As the pony sees Dippy, he starts walking towards her. "Uhh, hello! Have you seen this stone?" He gave Dippy a flyer similar to the one he gave Crystalwing. "It's important to me, and I'd like to have it back." he added, "Last I had it, I was in the Everfree Forest. Shouldn't be too deep inside..."

@@FatPat,

After finishing your latest book, you decide to take a little breather outside. When you exit, you see that the sky was oddly dark, as it was brighter earlier. You see a flyer tacked on a nearby house. There was a picture of a shiny, flint-like gem and at the bottom it had text that said: "Lost in the Everfree Forest, will be rewarded if found."

Cha-Ching.

Serendipity tried to hide the small money signs in her eyes as she was suddenly approached with exactly what she had been hoping for, walking right out of Crystalwing's shop itself. The mare pretended her smile was one of empathy, but oh boy, this stallion done goofed big-time , and Dippy was already first in line to make a quick chunk of bits from it. She cleared her throat and feigned disinterest for a moment.

"Well...I am an expert on finding lost items, but...unfortunately," she put on a disheartened face, pretending to look disappointed, "Sorry mister, but I only find stuff in Ponyville. I can't go out to a dangerous place like that!"

She let the words hang in the air, and made the motion to sadly walk away for a moment before 'suddenly' coming up with an idea.

"...unless..." she added in a faked hopeful tone, "...well, I could make an exception...if it's that important to you. Business hasn't been so good lately, and...well, I guess I could find one of grand-dad's old contracts for a commissioned treasure hunt."

She bit her lip, pretending to be nervous and apologetic about the whole ordeal.

"It's a little pricey, but if your gem is that important to you...I guarantee I'd be able to get it back to you. That's a company promise!"

Still let out a groan of agony as he let his book fall onto the floor. "That is it! I am done with this series." He said aloud, despite being the only one in his house. He hated when a book series started off with promise but then spiraled down into mediocrity. Reading stories like that gave him such headaches that he called them soulaches. Still made his way outside, not bothering to pick the book up.

Despite often being ignorant of the weather, Still couldn't help but notice how dark it was. He could have sworn it had been sunny just a few hours earlier when he woke up. It wasn't even noon yet; however it looked as if the sun had already set. Still shrugged it off. As long as it wasn't raining he didn't care.

Although since it could start raining he decided to take his walk in town. Still would have rather gone into the forest as there was never anypony else in there. Thankfully it was sparse in town. The gloomy weather must have scared everypony else off. With no other ponies to peek at from the corner of his eyes, Still noticed an otherwise inconspicuous flier on one of the houses. He stopped and read it over carefully. "Lost gem...will be rewarded..." he muttered under his breath. “Interesting.”

Back in his house, Still rummaged around in one his closets. He took out a slightly old looking box. The Everfree Forest did not bother Still like it did most of the ponies in Ponyville. Sure there were some dangerous creatures living in it, but if one was simply careful and quiet one would be left alone. His horn glowed a soft shade of yellow as he undid the magical seals on the box. Of course, having a few magical tricks like being able to turn yourself invisible for a few moments certainly made the forest feel less threatening.

The box was full of bits. Still took one out with his mouth and gently threw it into the air. It fell on the floor with soft thud. He peered down, seeing that it had landed heads up. "Into the forest it is then," He said as he relocked and put the box away. Normally he wouldn't go out into the woods during dubious weather, but getting a lost and found reward certainly made it tempting. Fate had just spoken, and thus it was time to go searching.

The town was still barren of other ponies as Still trotted towards the address on the flier. "Hopefully this dummy remembers where he was in there."

Edited by FatPat

Crystalwing looks up as she leaves. "Oh...It's going to be one of those days. I should get some items before heading out." She heads to see if her usual shops for items are open. She walks around a bit and checks her usual locations for getting some food. She even stops by Flitterwing's place to see if the forest was calm today. She knocks on Flitterwing's door. "Flitterwing, are you home?"

@@White Out,

The red pony's eyes lit up. "Ooh! Thank you...thank you so much..." he said he was about to leave and remembered some important information. "Also, umm what was her name? Crystalwing, she's is looking for it too." he added," Everfree is a dangerous place, you may want to help each other out..." after saying this, he heads to the next house to post another flier on the side.

@@FatPat,

When you arrive at the home, there is a sign on the door saying the same thing as on the flyer, but with a bit more detail on where he was. The door was locked and the house seemed well kept, similar to many of the other houses on the street.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

Umm, may I remind you:

This is a parallel universe to the show, meaning no Characters from the show or canon derived from the show.
  I'd like you to make the NPC's name different from an existing character from the show. Just a warning.

"-fantastic!" Dippy interrupted the red stallion before he left, inexplicably conjuring a very wordy piece of paper from her bag and a quill as she skirted in front of his walking path once more.

"I'll just need you to sign-...here! And here. And initial there," she goaded merrily, holding the contract inches from his face, "Oh, and if this is a group expedition you'll need to sign here too!"

This was not actually the first time Serendipity had been to the Everfree to find something lost, though it was much better for business if the rest of the town didn't know that. The wordy contract held a couple clauses, mostly just potential extra fees for injury or damages, but the kicker was that it had a vaguely-defined 'emotional damages' fee, which mostly meant that Dippy could kick up the price depending on how much danger she or the rest of the group ended up in. And of course, the cost of finding the item herself.

She pushed the paper and quill to the stallion with pleading eyes, knowing that this was one of her only big shots at saving the business.

Still was both delighted and somewhat disheartened when he got to the house. Whoever this guy was he had conveniently put up the exact information Still needed on his door. Of course this meant that there were no doubt other ponies out in the forest right now seeking the gem. Luckily for Still he knew the forest relatively well. The spot described on the paper sounded like an area of the forest where a couple of particular plants and flowers grew. It was an area Still visited frequently. Taking walks in the forest not only cleared his head, it was also a great place to gather plants to sell in town.

Still decided to pick up the pace and darted towards the Everfree forest. Hopefully he'd manage to find this gem and get the reward first.

@@White Out,

"Ummm, okay..." replied the Stallion. He signed the contract everywhere Serendipity gestured to.After he finished, he returned the quill. "Just... please find my jewel..." he said as he trotted off.

@@FatPat,

As you head out, you reach the forest and begin to brush from side to side. Soon, you reach a fork in the road that you don't recognize.

(My replies are really short -_- )

"You got it, sir!" Dippy feigned a mock-salute to the stallion as he trotted away, only managing to hold her stature for a few seconds before devolving into what could only be described as a maniacal cross between an evil laugh and a giggle. Once the bit-coin symbols faded from her eyes, Serendipity carefully folded the contract(s) away before positively skipping down the street. Assuming she could actually find this thing (and she put some heavy confidence in her skills as a thing-finder), this sale alone might very well save the business! Or at the very least let her live comfortably for another few months.

With no time like the present (and a tendency to leave the house with a saddlebag full of supplies anyway), Dippy took advantage of the good mood to start her search Everfree Forest-wards, taking a merry jaunt towards the woods with the promise of a heck-load of bits in the near future.

Still couldn't help feeling a foreboding presence as he carefully moved through the woods. He kept telling himself it was just the cloudy weather making him nervous. Then something strange happened.

Still looked left. He looked right. "Since when does the path split here?" he asked out loud.

"Am I in the wrong part of the forest?" he wondered. "But I came in from the spot near my house. There's no way I could have gotten turned around that badly. Then again...I do keep thinking about those stupid clouds. Wouldn't be the first time I've zoned out this badly..."

Shaking his head, Still went down the left path. If he somehow did end up in the opposite corner of the forest, then going left would put him back on track. At least he hoped.

• 2 weeks later...

@@White Out, As you canter to the forest you notice the light get dimmer as you go deeper into the forest. The path begins to disappear and you find yourself lost in the Everfree Forest.

@@FatPat, As Still walks down the path, the forest begins to block out the sun, making the path even darker. You begin to hear noises emanating from the various shrubs in the forest and you see an abandoned camp.

@@Midnight_Aurora, A few seconds pass until Flitterwing opens the door. "Oh, hi Crystalwing." She replies "What do you need?" Flitterwing said, giving a helpful look.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Crystalwing asks, "Sense you know the forest better then most, I was wondering have you noticed anything odd with the forest today? Somepony gave me this and asked me to find his gem for him." She hooves to flitterwing the flyer. She then asks, "May I come in, please?"

I'm gonna go ahead and post again for the newbie and you Midnight.

@@Lightning Crasher, You come back after a day of controlling the weather, but the clouds aren't listening to you so you quit early. You guess that it is coming from the Everfree Forest so you head in.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

"Of course" Flitterwing says, pushing the door wide open. She begins reading the flyer and rolls it back up and gives it back. "I don't know what to tell you" she replies. "I suppose you should start around there" Flitterwing points to the Western side of the forest. "It may be the quickest way, but I have nothing else to tell you."

Crystalwing says stepping in, "Thanks if you need a new collar just let me know and when I can I will have it made." She hangs with Flitterwing for a few helping. Then heads out to search the westside of the forest. She keeps hidden to the best of her abilities. (Stealth Check/Perception Check.)

After taking a deep breath and thinking to himself "Another wasteful day" Lightning heads into the forest, just above the clouds, enough to see the ground and survey the the route ahead. he takes it slow to try and not miss anything. "I wonder if this weird weather pattern is coming from here," Lightning says as he flys through the air, "I'll just take a quick look around, it can't hurt."

So Dippy had gone and gotten herself lost in the Everfree. It wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last, so the mare wasn't all too worried this time around. The forest was typically pretty dark, but like the last few times she'd ventured in, Serendipity's Compulsive Hoarding paid off yet again, and she procured a flashlight from her much-too-heavily-stuffed saddlebags. Like all earth ponies, the only thing she had to properly hold the tool was her teeth, unfortunately.

As for finding the gem itself...well, Dippy didn't have a plan. Or more accurately, she did, but the 'plan' was to wander around until she stumbled across it, or some clue of where it might be. Eight years she'd been running a lost-and-found business with that plan, and her cutie mark hadn't let her down yet.