Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Official 'Soul Eater' Discussion Thread

Venomous

Hello there, everypony :) 

After watching all 50+ episodes of the anime 'Soul Eater', I can now call myself a HUGE fan of it! I loved the show and I adored the characters. 

So, I figured that I would create a thread dedicated to the show because I couldn't find one that existed already. 

Favorite characters: 

Soul :wub: , Death The Kid, Stein, Spirit, Crona, and Excalibur.

post-14906-0-65008400-1422081718.jpg

post-14906-0-61953600-1422081740.jpg

post-14906-0-20306900-1422081781_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-35084300-1422081863_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-41961700-1422081807.jpg

post-14906-0-77117100-1422081879_thumb.jpg

Favorite episode(s): 

All of them! :D They were all awesome.

Favorite Introductions:

Resonance:

Black Paper Moon:

Favorite Ending:

Edited by Royal Blue Jay
  • Brohoof 1

Why was this not already made?

Anyways, I watch Soul Eater for Blair...mmmm. <3

That's a good question  :blink:

And I know that you like Blair!  ^_^

Soul Eater is definitely one of my favorite shows, Death the Kid being my favorite <3 "Black Paper Moon" is my favorite opening and "Strength" is my favorite closing.

tumblr_inline_mp0sw2LDcR1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by WheatleyCore

Ah I've always loved this anime! My favorite characters were always Death The Kid and Blackstar, as annoying as the boy is. Soul and Crona were always close seconds to favorites though too.

Would this thread technically could Soul Eater Not as well? I mean its fairly recent and stuff but it does take place within the universe and characters from the main show had made appearances often....

• Brohoof 1

Dude, I love that show so much.  Crona is the bomb.  I don't know if I can handle how freaking epic he is.  Also, his weapon is pretty sweetles also (in this moment also ;) ).

And I always liked Maka, too, but I felt like she wasn't given enough to work with, ya know?  Like they made her "weak" and some crap so she had to rely on "courage".  How does that even work that she's weaker than Black Star when in the first episode she was about to create a frigging death scythe.  What a load of BS.

Oh, and can we talk about how AMAZING "Paper moon" was?  Good heavens.  Most time when they change the theme songs in anime series I'm mad enough to stomp a goat, but good Lord that was an epic song.

Soul Eater was really good but like most animes, it ends far too quickly for my tastes. They gave it enough to get through a story without too many filler episodes but I wish it could have continued a bit in some way. The story was just so good that I disliked when it ended because then I have to figure out something else to watch. That is the hardest part of watching any anime.

It was a hard show to let go of when it ended.

And 'Soul Eater Not!' sucks, in my opinion. That spinoff just seems pointless. I could only get through three episodes of it, and that's coming from someone who does like slice of life shows if they're done right. Why did they have to turn an amazing, action-filled show with very well developed characters into a boring slice of life on with no substance, with protagonists that are just cardboard cutouts?

Agh, the existence of that 'thing' still makes me mad.

Death the Kid is so kawaii I just :wub: :wub:

r7m1kp.jpg

Edited by Emerald Star

Thought it was pretty good when I watched it a couple years ago. A lot of great characters and the villains all seemed really powerful, great action anime all around. :)

Wish the ending had more closure on all the characters though, but that's just me. Felt like there was unfinished business I suppose... but I don't remember everything. :wacko:

So...is Soul's last name Eater?

The world may never know...

The world does know. In the sequel (or in this case it's actually a prequel) to soul eater (Soul eater not) it's explained. You are allowed to apply for a nickname that people will refer to you as at the academy. Soul's real name is soul evans, but changed evans to eater.

Oh yea and if you haven't seen it yet here's the prequel. Ties up some loose ends like the reason stein turned what's his face into a zombie.

And 'Soul Eater Not!' sucks, in my opinion. That spinoff just seems pointless. I could only get through three episodes of it, and that's coming from someone who does like slice of life shows if they're done right. Why did they have to turn an amazing, action-filled show with very well developed characters into a boring slice of life on with no substance, with protagonists that are just cardboard cutouts?

Agh, the existence of that 'thing' still makes me mad.

I will admit the show is meh at best, and is grossly suffering from same face syndrome, but I feel like them doing something like this helped bring some people into the fandom. I had a few friends who absolutely hated shows with a lot of action and refused to give Soul Eater a chance. Them watching Soul Eater Not actually made them want to watch the main series, action packed be damned. But that's just my opinion  :huh:

I see your point, and agree. I may be a bit biased against it because of how little it holds up to the original show. Still, if it brings in new fans, at least it achieves something good. I suppose there are worse animes out there.

Hands down, best scene from the show. :D

I laighed so hard at this scene!

Love Soul Eater, watched it twice already and I will watch it again!

Comedy and action!  But the ending could have been better.

I agree with you...

The ending could have been way better.

• Brohoof 2

Yess, Soul Eater! My anime-loving friend got me hooked on this anime (and I got her hooked on MLP in return.) It's a little dark sometimes, but I still like it.

Also, I agree with Henny Penny Benny, quoted below.

Hands down, best scene from the show. :D

I love this scene so much!

I'm only partway into the second season, so I won't be looking for spoilers, but I hope to watch the rest soon!

My favorite character is Death the Kidd. My friend says I remind her of him sometimes. I might not be as obsessed with symmetry as he is, but I'm definitely in love with it (not even kidding; once I moved her whole rug because it was off...). Now she calls me his twin sister. NO REGRETS!

• Brohoof 2