Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Portrait

Sceethe

This is absolutely amazing but due to the faint outlines I have to say she looks like a fabulous Moomin! :D

i have absolutely no idea what a "moonin" is but thank you^^

This looks really good. I love how you even made her chest kinda fuzzy. Ponies usually look like they have colored skin and not fur.

thank you :)

yes, that was something i experimented with in this picture, and i actually like it quite a lot.

i don´t know much about how fur actually works, though, so i might have to do some research on that.

Very well done her mane is buetifully detailed

But one thing you should try is adding longer eye lashes

seems as if she should longer ones

Over all very well done

i´ll try to keep it in mind^^

What I mean is that the mouth looks compressed with little to no expression. And the nose is too smooth in my opinion because it lacks nostrils. If, of course, you re-drew the mouth, I'm sure that the nose would look fabulous. Sorry for being cryptic! :)

i get bashed for the lack of nostril semi-constantly, i realize that i should start adding those^^

thank you for clarifying :)

holy wow simple you say?! this is stunning! the coloring is beautiful and I love her fashion design in this one! really great job seriously, it's awesome!  :D

Sceethe!

How did I missed this? Oh the humanity!

Character bias aside, you really captured how I feel Rarity views her ideal self. I like to think she sat for that portrait during the events in Suite and Elite.

Awesome work as always

thank you, jeric^^

well ,the outfit is based on that one scene from "sweet and elite" ( it really isn´t my idea to draw her in that outfit, it has been done before a couple of times. i just thought that the outfit looked incredibly cool, so i wanted to do my own version of it.)

Woah that's beautiful! Bravo!

thanks for your feedback, guys.

i have actually learned to see a lot of mistakes that i would´ve not seen on my own, just by reading your answers :)

• Brohoof 1

This is gorgeous! You did a simply fabulous job of capturing the fabulosity of Rarity's business side. Bravo, I say!

Wow. That is great. Really like the color on it. your hair effects are fairly good too.

She looks more like a llama than a horse.

FiM Ponies aren´t exactly horses, and most people don´t use actual horse anatomy, but a very stylized version of it.

in a way, i guess you could say it does look more like a llama than a horse, since she has bigger cheeks than what the mlp ponies usually have.

what i want to say is: should i keep this style, or change it?

• Brohoof 1

FiM Ponies aren´t exactly horses, and most people don´t use actual horse anatomy, but a very stylized version of it.

in a way, i guess you could say it does look more like a llama than a horse, since she has bigger cheeks than what the mlp ponies usually have.

what i want to say is: should i keep this style, or change it?

Keep it if it's your style. it isn't bad at all.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

"Simple portrait" 

Simple?

SIMPLE?!

THIS IS NOT SIMPLE! THIS IS FANTASTIC!