Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So do people still hate the character designs?

Zoraxe

I'm not aware of any opinion polls related to legitimate sources like herdcensus that would indicate just what percentage of bronies liked or disliked the designs but I would say that much of the perception of EG hatred was overblown. The loudest voices typically get the most attention and that's likely what happened here. I was never that invested to care all that much but I would say overall they're acceptable. Some are absolutely better than others in my opinion.

Best Designs: Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Trixie.

Worst Designs: Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Princess Celestia. 

To be fair, the ponies in the show don't have that much diversity either, most Mares and stallions share the same body shape. Equestria Girls at least beats Season 1 by not having various clones of Lyra and Bonbon in every crowd.

It makes sense for ponies. But they are humans in Equestria Girls. AJ and RD who are more physically active than the other Mane 6 should show more muscle tone than have the same body build as the others.

Edited by Singe

Yeah I for one still hate them, it's one of the reasons I don't like Equestria Girls.

They look weird and a bit cringeworthy...

Edited by Blobulle

I've never been mad but never hated the designs. They just seem a bit lazy :/ It's like a mix of Bratz dolls and ponies. I think what bothers me more is how they're high school aged where as in the actual show I've always thought of them as in their early 20's (running their own businesses/working) It also seems weird at how much taller Luna and Celestia are :/ I get it, they're supposed to be older but I'm fairly sure that most 17-18 year olds are not THAT much shorter. Infact I was the same height at 17 as I am now I'm 25 xD

I'm still not a big fan of them, I don't hate them as much as I used to but they still look way too much like..well...dolls, I mean in FIM they look like cute cartoon characters rather then toys, in EG they look like dolls. Not to mention humans do not look good in this art style. 

I've never liked the designs for EG. 

1. I do not like the faces. I can't quite put my finger on why, but they seem off to me. Maybe it is because the mouth and nose seem too bunched up with the eyes
  2. I hate that they lightened their coat colors! The mane 6 are some of the finest examples of color design, why would you mess with it!? They all look washed out now.
  3. Everybody has long legs. I could see a few having long legs, but every single one of them? Too weird.
  4. Stick arms.
  5. That skirt looks ridiculous on Rainbow Dash.

I actually like them... unless I see someone with ugly-@$$ lipstick (such as Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna).

i rather see them without a lipstick then again heck its artist design

Remember back when the Equestria Girls designs first appeared, and how it seemed like everybody hated them? Now after 2 movies, is that still the case? And if you hated them first but no longer do, at what point did your mind change?

Personally I liked the designs then and I still love them now... the ones we ended up getting in the movie that is, but I know a lot of people that didn't.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/mlp-spin-off-series-confirmed-rumor.html

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/new-equestria-girls-image-at-ny-times.html#idc-container

those times before equestria girls even born people have many many ideas to do with their wildest imagination. The birth of anthro pony

the anthro pony was popular back those time heck they even draw human version of mane six that almost accurate to EG but they still anthro with horns, largely enough this were soo hugely popular

when equstria girls first came out, damn came out a war between the fans who live EG with fans who live anthro pony. EG was not their type of character like during those days but slowly by slowy over a year and a month they began accepting it slowly but stil today some of them still doesnt like EG other love it because its cute 

• 1 month later...

I really like how Lyra, Bonbon, and Roseluck (and others) look. I know some people don't like EQD designs, but I think they are cute. Plus, I like how they are still colored the same as ponies and don't have real life human colored skin.

862392__safe_clothes_equestria+girls_der

862862__safe_equestria+girls_screencap_l861906__safe_rarity_equestria+girls_derp

861927__safe_equestria+girls_screencap_r

• Brohoof 3

@@Zoraxe, ditto. Some of the outfit design are downright epic.

In general, I really like the art design of EqG. I remember seeing the early release art for the first time for the first movie. I thought it was really weird at the time. I've gotten used to it though and I love it now.  :wub:

(edited)

I like the designs...and yes I like the design of Principal Celestia as well. But I'm currently baffled by the design of the characters seen in the promotional image of EG Friendship Games.

Edited by Deniz Ogre
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, I thought the designs were alright. Good thing they stuck with their pony colors or we would have had problems with people complaining about the skin colour (yeah, some people do that).

I guess they overdid the skirt thing but everything else was fine. Vinyl Scratch and Sunset Shimmer had a really good design and so does everyone else but these two in particular.

Vinyl Scratch and Sunset Shimmer had a really good design and so does everyone else but these two in particular.

........I would also add the Great and Powerful Trixie.........

• Brohoof 1

As far as main characters such as Sunset Shimmer, the Mane Six and the Sirens, I loved the designs, even the design for Big Macintosh was quite good in my opinion, but the design for Luna..I wasn't too fond on it, Celestia was alright though.

I generally like the design of them, but I have a few complaints.

LUNA AND CELESTIA ARE 95.8% LEGS.

Also, am I the only one who noticed the difference between Human Rarity's fashion sense and Rarity's fashion sense? As in the fact that pony Rarity actually HAS a fashion sense?

(edited)

I just like them being ponies. Humans is something i already am. So i feel if it goes anthro rather than feral that it just won't be much MLP in my case. But its more a show i just ignore, if people watch it then more power to them.

Edited by Trine

It was strange at first, but after a few months, it's become a little bit more normal. I just don't like their anorexic hooker design made only for marketing.

Also- If any of you are old enough to know what/where Rainbow Dash's crown is from- you will win a cupcake (for real) :smug:

original art piece

http://inkypsycho.de...ified-487082864

For real?  It's from Burger King, lol.  But that does take me back a decade and a half.  Lol. 

4353924366_c33aae94a6_o.jpg

---

I so happen to like the designs.

xd9lpj.jpg

And the artwork, HNNG imeanwut...  :please:  

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1