Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So do people still hate the character designs?

Zoraxe

Well like with many thing in life you tend to get used to something overtime if you have enough exposure to it. I can't say I hate or love the designs but I can live with them. Man do I sound depressed. lol 

I think the EQG character designs are cute enough, though I would have loved to see some more variation in height, body shape etc in the characters rather than them all being identical, super skinny model shape. But I guess that's how it is when they're made to sell dolls :please: I do like that they gave them multicoloured skin because I feel like that's a better alternative to either making them all white (which is depressingly likely) or causing controversy over why they made x character y race, etc.

But I can live with generic designs as long as they got the actual characters of the M6 right, which (IMO) they did an awesome job on ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Even when I was a 11 year old girl which some people thought the first EG movie was for, I cringed at the promo designs with the cutie marks on their cheeks and such and I hated how the lips looked on them. But the actual movie designs are pretty decent compared to them. The art Equestira Girls' style for females/mares for their facial reactions and expressions similar to the facial reactions/expressions of pony mares and are pretty good in my opinion. I was never too keen on the stallion/male design however. As for the clothing design, I was and still am okay with Rainbow Dash and Applejack wearing skirts and think it looks fine. Although I agree with most people that they would look better with some pants like jeans. At least shorts. But like in season 1 with the gala designs, Rainbow Dash didn't mind wearing a gala dress so I see no problem with her wearing a skirt in human form.

Despite what some say, I think most of them look awesome and actually fit the characters pretty well. I was so excited when we finally got Lyra in human form, she looks great :D

Remember back when the Equestria Girls designs first appeared, and how it seemed like everybody hated them? Now after 2 movies, is that still the case? And if you hated them first but no longer do, at what point did your mind change?

Personally I liked the designs then and I still love them now... the ones we ended up getting in the movie that is, but I know a lot of people that didn't.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/mlp-spin-off-series-confirmed-rumor.html

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/new-equestria-girls-image-at-ny-times.html#idc-container

I think its because the fans have been asking for a Ponies movie and instead we got somethings else...twice.

EG is nice, it has the same writers...but its NOT a ponies movie.