Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Think Happens After Death?

ThisAccountIsDead

So, I've been thinking recently. What happens after death? Why have I been thinking this? Because I recently began to realize that death itself is not what I'm afraid of, it's the mere fear of the unknown. So, out of that fear and curiosity, I ask you: What do you believe happens after death? It can be anything!

• Brohoof 10

God, I drove myself crazy thinking of this one. I finally came to terms and said whatever happens, happens and there is nothing you can do to change it. I honestly think heaven and hell really, but others might not agree.

• Brohoof 4

I have a theory that, if you have been good in your life, you will be granted the choice of a second chance in not this world, but any fictional world of your choosing; free to decide what time period and whatever age you arrive in. Everyone would multiple versions of the world they begin a new life in, so they won't have to interfere with the other. After your time is up there, then the gates of Heaven awaits you. 

• Brohoof 2

I honestly don't know, nor really care, what happens after death. I don't live my life worrying about what may or may not happen and I refuse to live my life to satisfy some unknown requirements to get into a heaven or avoid a hell I don't even know exists.

What I'd like to believe is that we all get our own personal paradise based on whatever we want. Doesn't matter who you are, what you did in life or how it ended. When you die, you get your little slice of heaven made to order with perfection. In my case that'd be video games as far as the eye can see with my favorite franchises never ending and always being everything I ever wanted them to be.

• Brohoof 3

When we die, we die. Complete blankness of the consciousness. You know nothing,you feel nothing. You're body is broken down and energy is released back into the universe. A lot of people don't find that comforting, but I do as opposed to living in heaven or hell for all eternity.  

• Brohoof 7

Oblivion... a state so contrary to the experience of living beings that most would rather embrace the flimsiest of rationalizations than accept it. The same experience you had before you were born, and the experience you revisit, in part, every time you go to sleep and DON'T DREAM. Non-being.

• Brohoof 5

I'm guessing that similar to the way our bodies are reintroduced to the planet, our souls get reintroduced to whatever spawned them.  Ergo, our souls get reused for reincarnation.  I think that makes sense given the law of conservation of energy.  I don't personally believe that how we lived our life has any impact on what we become.  It depends more on what new life form is in need of a soul.

But, I may be totally incorrect.  I think the important thing is to live well while you're here, try to be a good person, and come to terms with the fact that everybody will eventually pass away.

Everything points to the consciousness being the result of chemicals interacting in our brains. There is no reason to believe that it carries on in any way after we pass away. I know it's weird to think about no longer existing, but living eternally would not be the good thing so many want it to be. Mortality is sad, but at the same time we are not equipped to live (or have our minds exist) much longer.

• Brohoof 3

:( Tough Question. Could be Heaven and Hell or we could just end up as ghosts and eventually forget who we were or we just disappear and completely stop existing as our body turns into dirt and bones or maybe we forget everything and are just reborn as a different person and have to begin anew.

I believe that nothing happens to us after we die. Heaven just seems too good to be true :wacko:

But even if it is true, I hope Hell at least doesn't exist. No one deserves eternal suffering, IMO. :S

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

Our bodies rot but our souls will be given new bodies. And you will either be forgiven since you have taken Christ as your savior and go to heaven to live with him for all eternity or be forever cursed in hell. Simple right?

• Brohoof 2

I always find it strange that people speak with such certainty about something that there is literally no possible way of knowing. No one has ever come back from the dead to tell us what's there and we've found no way of experiencing what's beyond that threshold without permanently ending up there.

Even the idea that there is nothing because there was nothing before we were born is a strange logic. The only thing the two have in common is that they exist outside the realm of life but the key difference is that before birth is before you exist while after death is after your existence has been established physically and consciously.

People are weird.

You go to Nirvana.

You just stop being. You forget that you exist.

Kurt will be happy to see us. :lol:

I am a living, conscious human being. Before I was born, someone else died and while he/she and I are not the same person, my consciousness belonged to him/her before I was born. Basically reincarnation without the involvement of souls or anything supernatural is what I believe. I feel like the way I explained that was really silly.

I enjoy you guys coming here and answering, so I'll give my opinion in depth. 

I believe in nothing, nor can I believe in anything. I am a man of fact, not faith. So usually when I'm confronted with a land, dimension, etc, etc, I don't really think about it. All I can say about religious based lands, skeptic's theories, and overall fear-based assumptions, is that there is a possibility. not one that's 50 split, but one that's unknown to us. We're here to exist, and if our existence is wiped from our mortal plane never to return, then so be it.

Thanks for commenting.

• Brohoof 2

Well my belief system says that we are spirits visiting this world to have a physical existence for a while.  Some spirits are ancient while some are relatively new.  Though to be honest, I have no idea what happens after death, perhaps nothing happens.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, dunno really. Being an atheist(Not exactly, but I don't have a religion, so I just count myself as an Atheist), I don't really have any beliefs of the sort(Except those mini-Beliefs of 'Lords' as I call em, but Its not too important). I'm sorta leaning towards resurrection somewhere in the Multiverse(Yes, I believe in the Mutiverse theory with some slight tweaks of my own added to it) as something entirely else, or the same. I'll never know, since memories are most likely not coming with me.

...Hopefully I'll become a pony after I die... Nah, too small a chance. I'll probably be some sort of creature with multiple eyes and chitin or something.

Eh, dunno really. Being an atheist(Not exactly, but I don't have a religion, so I just count myself as an Atheist), I don't really have any beliefs of the sort(Except those mini-Beliefs of 'Lords' as I call em, but Its not too important). I'm sorta leaning towards resurrection somewhere in the Multiverse(Yes, I believe in the Mutiverse theory with some slight tweaks of my own added to it) as something entirely else, or the same. I'll never know, since memories are most likely not coming with me.

...Hopefully I'll become a pony after I die... Nah, too small a chance. I'll probably be some sort of creature with multiple eyes and chitin or something.

Maybe you'll become a Prothean in your next life! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

ME3_Javik_Basic_Outfit.png

Edited by Anishna
  • Brohoof 1