Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Think Happens After Death?

ThisAccountIsDead

Unfortunately it's either nothing, or a chance at eternal suffering. I can't even look at the bright side if the latter is true.

Edited by SparkWolf

I honestly beleive theres just a hard reset. Just boom, you become something else. Might be my wacko brain but, pfft. I just don't really know if anypony else can tell theres something there even when you think you are alone. I even don't think when we sleep we are, I think it's our spirit resting whilst we visit one of our other forms. Yes I took my medication, but it's what I think.

Since death freaks me out I'd like to believe that there is some form of afterlife, but if I get right down to it I'm afraid there will simply be nothing. That my existence will cease the moment my body dies. If immortality was a thing in reality I'd be chasing it. The main thing that elads me to believe there isn't an afterlife is because no evidence for it has actually been discovered. Above all else, I believe in science.

If we knew for certain there was an afterlife, death would no longer be a sad thing because we'd know the deceased would still exist somewhere. Maybe the seven curled up dimensions of string theory contain th secrets to the afterlife, but until it's proven one way or another I'm forced to conclude there's simply nothing after death.

I would wish for an afterlife but since I don't think it actually exists, nothing. I think when you lose consciousness you wouldn't be there to KNOW you did. Like being in a coma or sleeping but without dreams. When you're asleep, do you usually know you are? Do you know you're alive? What about when you wake up? Something like this

Logical me, being a nihilist, believes that there is nothing after death

Other me, optimist that he is, believes that there is a life after death and you join one of the two auras of heaven or earth or some shizzle.

God, I drove myself crazy thinking of this one. I finally came to terms and said whatever happens, happens and there is nothing you can do to change it. I honestly think heaven and hell really, but others might not agree.

I have to agree, i feel the same way. If i ever do get to whatever, i'll make sue to get my 2-cents in.

One thought comes to mind repeatedly: Nothing at all, no consciousness, no thought, no feeling. Reincarnation, perhaps or not. It's really out of anyone's hands what happens, the thought of "It'll be all okay, when I die, I'll just do this and that and everything will be fine again". I lean more toward disagreeing with that. I think when someone or something dies, it's the end, and people after us will take over and learn from what we've done. It's not about dying, it's about what you've lived for. If I lived a good life with no regrets and made somewhat of an impact on the world, I wouldn't care what happened. I'm not afraid to die and I'm not afraid of what may happen, living life in fear isn't living. Living life being happy and making others happy is.

I have come to two conclusions, pretty much Heaven and hell, but a bit more specific.

If you have committed no serious fault before death that you honestly feel is bad, you will have an eternal dream, a good one.

If you committed a fault that you feel sorry for, however do not admit your wrong-doing before death, you will have a forever nightmare, due to your head being clouded by guilt as you sleep eternally.

Scary thought, this is why i plan to attend church when i get older. 

• 1 month later...

It's definitely a step into the unknown, I am no atheist but neither am I religious, which actually leaves my views on an afterlife in a rather complicated situation. I would love to believe there is a heaven we go to after death, but I just cannot be sure  :confused:

I would say the souls that were in bodies travel to other universes and start life anew without people even realising it. In fact, death could be nothing but an illusion to all of us. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not too afraid of death, it's basically nothingness. It prevents you from gaining new experiences.

That's why I strive to experience everything this world has to offer, and when I'm satisfied I can relax, and eventually achieve the ultimate comfort in death.

So I'm somewhat afraid I won't get time, or the chance to experience certain things.

I honestly haven't came to this conclusion myself. I grew up as a christian because it's want my family wanted and living in the south people are quick to judge if you think otherwise. Not saying I will never believe in the whole heaven and hell thing, I just cant come to my own conclusion on what happens after death. Very good topic though!! This is one thing I'm still in the process of discovering about myself.

• Brohoof 1

I do believe in some kind of afterlife. In fact, I consider that this life/world is simply something on my path. Something scary and awful, but something I need, I must go through it to learn.

Edited by ConcorDisparate
  • Brohoof 1

I think when we die, we die, and we know not of what is going on because we don't exist. I try not to spend my days thinking about it I try, and live my life to the fullest. I try to enjoy every moment cause every moment is sliping into the past, and becomes a memory as does all thing we do in this life. So get out there, and grab life by the horns cause we only get one life so make it count. Remember the only thing thats real is now.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not quite sure what I think happens after death, but I believe much of what near-death experiencers have reported, such as encountering loved ones and/or various religious figures, visiting other realms, and being given knowledge and hope about life. I believe that we are primarily here to love and to learn, and that we will be reincarnated after a transitory period in the spiritual realm. 

I could be completely wrong, of course. Maybe we just cease to exist, and that's that. But this is what I choose to believe. 

Regardless, I'll find out eventually no matter what.

• Brohoof 1

It's like when you've been asleep for a couple of hours, a black void of nothing where time just seems to keep going on. The only diffrence between the two is that you can't dream when you're dead!