Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Witch Hunter - Inermis (Closed)

The Elusive Cinder

While I respect you are the DM, don't accept people and them drop them for no reason. It's rude and makes people not want to waste their time with them.

I don't believe he ever accepted anyone other than my character before making the announcement. I could be wrong though.

I don't believe he ever accepted anyone other than my character before making the announcement. I could be wrong though.

I did actually: but I accidently edited the post when trying to cooy some code.

However, claiming it was for 'no reason' is simply incorrect. It was actually a very dificult decision to make based on various factors: though writing up an account of my exact thought process would would hardly be productive (or easy). It was wrong of me to accept the character so quickly and I apoligise, but suffice to say I didnt drop him on a whim and it wasnt a decision taken lightly.

I dont have a habit of dropping people for no reason.

Wow, a lot happened! Sadly, I'm getting the feeling that I wont be able to accept everyone for fear of not being able to pace the RP properly. Ive played with an 'accept everyone' policy before and it... wasn't fun. Too much pressure.

Nows the bit where I sound really arrogant/rude/generally not nice. Yeah, I dont like being the bad guy here - honest!

So, let me start working through a few of these...

@@Scribblegroove,

Another Accepted! I have added your preferred character to the list - dont fret about gender balance and so on.

@@Evilshy,

I've added a shield as an item, at two points. Details are in the OP.

@,

Small problem in that the world is based on a medievil style fantasy, and a pretty gritty one at that. Contact lenses, gummi bears, modern clothing and such simply wouldnt exist in the setting. She just needs to fit the setting better.

@@rolle,

Sorry, but I suspect that this character wouldn't work well in the context of the RP. I just cant think of a way that a 'crybaby' with no control of his emotions would ever join or stay with an organisation founded on the completely opposite principles.

@@FirstPonySpectre,

I like Masquerade and I like the dynamic that someone with his talents would bring - after all, its all good and well trying to fight mages if you cant even investigate them - but after reading over the application there are a few things I'd ask to be changed / clarified.

Firstly, an insane character can quite frankly be a pain for a DM, so just please keep that toned down. Doesnt need taking away completely, but kept to a level that wouldnt have appeared dangerous to the trainers over over many years.

The second part is his equiptment

equiptment. For the sake of avoiding complications... to take more than one of an object will mean that it costs that many lots of points: thus two daggers would cost two points, two pistols would cost four points and so on. He could bring a pistol, a crossbow and a dagger, but you used plurals in your description.

@,

Don't worry, the insanity isn't very noticeable, though it is clearly there considering he might lash out at himself on rare occasions, aside from that he acts just as normal as anyone else. 

For the equipment thing, I apologize for using plurals. That's my bad. I meant to use singulars. Pardon that, just make it so that he brings one of them, it's fine. 

Hopefully I can still be accepted, if not it's cool, but I'd be so down to do this, haha. Thanks again! 

Edited by FirstPonySpectre

This is looking to get pretty interesting! :o I was a little worried that Alice might've come off as Sue-ish but I'm glad that she was accepted. Of course, I'll make edits to her as I roleplay - can't wait for it to start. :D

I can't wait for this to start! I think we've got a nice bunch of interesting characters with some good roleplayers here. Not a very smart group though, the highest intelligence rating of the entire group is three XD

This is going to be so much fun :3

@

Can you give us an estimate of when the RP will start? Will it be somewhere within this week :D

Soon!

Apologies for the delay: I've had little free time IRL due to the snow here in England, and I've been catching up on other RP's i'm a part of before finalising this one. I've also been doing some last minute thinking and so on, but It shouldn't be too long.

Soon!

Apologies for the delay: I've had little free time IRL due to the snow here in England, and I've been catching up on other RP's i'm a part of before finalising this one. I've also been doing some last minute thinking and so on, but It shouldn't be too long.

Soon! [valve time]

Nah, that's great. Take all the time you need though :) just wondering how far you were.

@@Scribblegroove,

An Intelligence of 3 here actually seems to be above average, indicating training or some natural talent, going off the explanations in the OP. So anyone with a 4 or 5 in a stat is actually pretty gifted at said stat, like Aaren with his Charisma. So those of us with 3's are decent at those stats.

@,

Would that be correct?

@@Scribblegroove,

An Intelligence of 3 here actually seems to be above average, indicating training or some natural talent, going off the explanations in the OP. So anyone with a 4 or 5 in a stat is actually pretty gifted at said stat, like Aaren with his Charisma. So those of us with 3's are decent at those stats.

@,

Would that be correct?

I guess you're right, but no one is exactly exceptionally intelligent in our group, while with all the other stats we have someone with at least 4 or five. The average intelligence of the group is also quite low, since we have two characters with only 1 intelligence.

But what I meant to say was that we have no one exceptionally intelligent to advise the group. We have two with a somewhat above average intelligence, but we also have two who are both quite stupid. That makes for a not so intelligent party in my eyes, which can be hillarious :P

Hehe, now that you pointed that out, it's a little sad that nobody is smart.. :lol: I don't think my character would fit it but hopefully if someone else joins they might join with someone smart. ^^

@@Scribblegroove,

It only seems low because we don't have those 4 or 5 Intelligence scores. Basically, we're not super-geniuses. It's just a matter of perspective, but we're not as unintelligent as it seems. Besides, we can use that impression to our advantage anyway.

We actually have a well rounded party: since i've been speaking with FirstPonySpectre via PM. I wanted a good reprisentation of all the talents, and I think we now have it.

Quite rightly though, a 2 indicates a skill equal to that of an average villager. At 2 intellect, you would be about as smart as a farmer or blacksmith for example.

---

Yeah, Dragon Age did play a small part in influencing this. There are a lot of influences: the Witch Hunters are quite differant from the Templars though. even if they serve similar purposes. There are a ton of differant things that managed to influence the world and people in it though, and you'll probably notice some of them.

Bonus points for anyone who spots the Elder Scrolls refrence.

---

Aside from that, my introduction post is almost ready and should be up tonight!

(edited)

@, Are you not accepting anymore?

I'm afraid that is the case: while I'm likely to open applications again at a later point, we're currently closed.

My apologies for the late response - I'm quite busy at the moment.

---------------

---------------

And the RP is live!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/120409-witch-hunter-inermis/

I'm about to get some sleep, so everyone has a good chance to think of their first posts. I just want to explain a few things first.

I'll be taking the role of narrator: telling you what is hapoening, what is around you and how the peopke around you act. Thats my main role. I'll also control characters, but I have no dedicated character.

On occasion I may add a party member for various reasons. At the start youll notice a couple of potential characters are there to guide you if you get stuck on what to do. Our good Hunter Tathla, for example.

I want to stress however, that you dont need to follow a set story. A character might suggest or even order you to do something - while it might well be a good idea, feel free to come up with your own solutions to your quest. Your actions will affect the story: a lot.

Oh, and anyone can die - or worse. Sure, some folks will have plot armour and the like, but if you put people in danger, you'll probably be responsible for their fates. ;)

Edited by Cinder

@,

Are we allowed things like a food bag full of, say, crackers and jerky? 'Cause I've got an idea for my intro post, but I figured I should ask before just giving Aaren a bag full of beef jerky.

Hehe, I was reading up on Joel's personality and I saw that he doesn't like people who bully or discriminate others.. now that's going to be a problem. I have a feeling Joel and Alice won't get along.. ^^