Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Witch Hunter - Inermis (Closed)

The Elusive Cinder

Hehe, I was reading up on Joel's personality and I saw that he doesn't like people who bully or discriminate others.. now that's going to be a problem. I have a feeling Joel and Alice won't get along.. ^^

Well Joel's viewpoints are quite skewed when it comes to moral ground. I'm not gonna give much away but bullying and discrimination tend to have different criteria to Joel than others. If that makes any sense.

Also as of now it seems that Alice is much more of a "teaser" than a bully.  

Edited by FirstPonySpectre

Shit, what happened with your job, if you don't mind me asking?

Shit, what happened with your job, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a pretty long story but basically.

Sprouts makes a show of looking like a company that cares for its employees but the moment that money starts getting tight, even when they know it will happen, will cut hours and give people 6 hours a week.

In December I worked a grand total of 16 hours. The whole month. I and one other employee (me more so than him) were singled out and not given any hours.

My former manager thought I was useless and so never trained me. But he would blame me and insult me when I made a mistake.

We were forced to put out bad stock because the manager wanted to make a quick buck over keeping customers.

This list can go on for a long time. But basically my job sucked.

• Brohoof 2

Sprouts makes a show of looking like a company that cares for its employees but the moment that money starts getting tight, even when they know it will happen, will cut hours and give people 6 hours a week.

In December I worked a grand total of 16 hours. The whole month. I and one other employee (me more so than him) were singled out and not given any hours.

My former manager thought I was useless and so never trained me. But he would blame me and insult me when I made a mistake.

We were forced to put out bad stock because the manager wanted to make a quick buck over keeping customers.

Can't say I blame you for walking out my friend, hope everything works out okay!

Damn, I'd quit that, too. Of course, I'm very touchy about my hours and just straight up ask my boss whenever my schedule changes and I end up with total change or more than an hour or two. I like my current job, but I'm almost done with my tech certs and will probably be in a position to get a new job soon (probably better, too), so if I start getting consistently fewer hours, I'll put in my 2 weeks no problem.

Djeez how does that even work! Good luck with finding a new one though. Hopefully the next one won't suck as much...

Whelp! Time to get this show on the road!

Ugh, can I just apologise in advance for any time I start switching between past and present tense! When writing description and narration posts I seem to default to present tense for some reason...

Now! To sum up... go wild! You've got a task, and while i'll be sure to litter the early RP with characters who can offer guidance and advice, I'd love to see people thinking and trying things - dont think you need prompting to carry out an action. You'll need to explore, try new ideas and sometimes even make things up as you go to uncover many of the things going on around the island.

Can you give me an idea of what shops there are? Like, snack shops for example? I think I'll have Alice just explore for a bit but I'm not too sure if I could just make up stores she sees.

• Brohoof 1

Actually this brings up a question, what is the value of gold in this RP? What can someone buy with 10 gold? I imagine its...a decent amount but not so much that they would be able to buy anything pricey.

To add another question, how effective would a shield actually be against magic? You haven't really described how magic works, I'd imagine a fireball could be blocked pretty effectively, but against a "you are now on fire" sort of spell, a shield is basically useless.

(edited)

Good questions! Ahem...

Shops - you don't know. it would make sense for there to be shops and the sounds ahead of you suggest that it is busier in that area, but you cant know without going there to find out.

A gold piece is a standard piece of currency back on the mainland - its value varies from area to area, but typically a gold piece is expected to be enough buy a hot meal, a meals worth of provisions or a room for the night. Of course, all of this is relevant to the mainland - nobody knows what the economy of Inermis is like after hundreds of years in isolation.

Shields have fallen out of favor with the order simply because they are much more useful against conventional attacks than against magic. It will help, but it's certainly not going to be as useful against spells as it is against swords and arrows.

Those with magic in their blood draw power from their environment to use: the most power Witches are those who can recover their energy quickly or store a large amount in reserve.

A Witch can use much of their magic instinctivly: they can hurl fireballs to harm, create fresh water to drink and manipulate the environment without touching it to name a few examples. As a general rule, the more potent the spell, the more it drains the caster. Magic follows certain rules, but only a mage could undertand those rules: and none of you know any (living) mages. Theres a reason that they have an order dedicated to hinting them down - expect the unexpected.

The best way to figure them out will be to fight one though: I've deliberatly left things vague as none of the apprentices have fought one yet abd as such, don't truely know what to expect.

Edited by Cinder

"better that a hundred innocents die than risk a single Witch living."

"it is better that one hundred innocently fall before the wrath of the Emperor than one kneels before the Daemon."

Found the first reference :3 inquisition much?

Still looking for the skyrim one though. Can you give me a hint?

@

There ar e a few indirect possibilities that I can think of. The most obvious is starting at the docks as you do in Morrowind, but that was a prison ship...

Then There's Wrathspire Keep which, for whatever reason, makes me think of Frostcrag Spire.

I had to leave while writing this and now I've forgotten all the other similarities I saw. I don't think I got it though.

@

Not sure if were allowed to describe the town centre ourselves or if my last post ques a descriptive post from you telling us what we see...

Anway, I'm trying to get things rolling as quickly as possible. Slowly advancing plot can be a real pain in the ass in my opinion. Now we're getting somwhere :3

@@SilverHeart

@@Windbreaker

Sorry that we kind of left you two behind, but I suppose splitting up would be the best idea anway. We can meet up once we've gathered enough information :)

@,

Could the few people in Inermis talk the same language as the people from the ship? Also, could the people from the ship read signs, like shop ones?

Indeed, i'm just trying to make sure everybody gets a chance to post and nobody gets left behind (IRL)

As a general rule, I'll be able to give you a good enough of a scene when you arrive: let me know if you ever have any questions though.

@,

Could the few people in Inermis talk the same language as the people from the ship? Also, could the people from the ship read signs, like shop ones?

Yep! The island is technically ruked by the mainland: they share a language, laws and so on. Things might have changed since contact was cut, but it's unlikely that anyone will be unable to understand you, or that you wont be able to understand them because of it.

Should I RP the person at the snack shop? Or is Cinder doing it? o: Also, I hope ice cream was already made by whatever time period they're in. Cookies seemed to be fine so I assumed ice cream could have been just invented or something. ^^ I could edit my post.

...And I swear this is the last question, but what is the form of currency in this?

Edited by Kaia

(edited)

Cross post!

Typical: I ALWAYS manage to cross post - well, it's pretty late and I need to catch some sleep, so ill get anothe up in the morning.

Yeah, feel free to ask as many questions as you need! I fully expect to need the OOC here more than in most RP's simply so that you can ask whats going on - I can describe a lot, but I can never describe everything! :P

I'll be handling NPC's typically: mostly because they might not always be what they appear. Imagine if a town was haunted for example, or made up of vampires.

...Huh, thats an idea...

Anywho, if everyones happy with the format, I was basicly going to give a summary in the RP thread, then answer any specific questions over here.

"Theres a place and some stuff, you see a chicken"

OOC - What colour is the chicken?

OOC - Uh, white?.

"I swing my warhammer at the chicken..."

-----

...And I swear this is the last question, but what is the form of currency in this?

Gold pieces - and you have ten of them.

A gold piece is a standard piece of currency back on the mainland - its value varies from area to area, but typically a gold piece is expected to be enough buy a hot meal, a meals worth of provisions or a room for the night. Of course, all of this is relevant to the mainland - nobody knows what the economy of Inermis is like after hundreds of years in isolation.

Edited by Cinder
  • Brohoof 1