Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Witch Hunter - Inermis (Closed)

The Elusive Cinder

@

Can you clear up one thing for me? How long has Inermis been without contact from the mainland? I think you said something like a few hundred years (I could be wrong just going off of memory.) and it was a land that had been lost to the demons, yet there is still human civilization left. Would they even remember the Witch Hunters by this point?

@,

Can you clear up one thing for me? How long has Inermis been without contact from the mainland? I think you said something like a few hundred years (I could be wrong just going off of memory.) and it was a land that had been lost to the demons, yet there is still human civilization left. Would they even remember the Witch Hunters by this point?

Six hundred, give or take. I honestly just took a stab at the number though, to be fair.

Long story short, the island was looking like there wasnt a hope in hell of saving it, so the mainland declared it dead and severed contact. Boats trying to leave it were attacked and sunk, until they gave up.

Then a few hundred years later - once everyone had forgotton about the place - a boat turned up at the mainland claiming that Inermis was safe again.

As for remembering the Witch Hunters, it's doubtful anyone is alive that personally remembers any kind of organisation from the mainland... anyone who had been alive back when they last had contact would be long dead.

Six hundred, give or take. I honestly just took a stab at the number though, to be fair.

Long story short, the island was looking like there wasnt a hope in hell of saving it, so the mainland declared it dead and severed contact. Boats trying to leave it were attacked and sunk, until they gave up.

Then a few hundred years later - once everyone had forgotton about the place - a boat turned up at the mainland claiming that Inermis was safe again.

As for remembering the Witch Hunters, it's doubtful anyone is alive that personally remembers any kind of organisation from the mainland... anyone who had been alive back when they last had contact would be long dead.

Okay. So I guess throwing the name of the Witch Hunters around won't do as much as it would on the mainland?

Okay. So I guess throwing the name of the Witch Hunters around won't do as much as it would on the mainland?

Depends on who to and how, but no its not likely to have the same effect as back home.

That said, best I can advise is to try it if you think it'll help! Historically, the hunters are the ones who failed to protect the island, then condemed it.

Could you like give me a small list of what exists at this time? Like food wise or what people would do as a hobby or eat in the land they came from?

The forums are awfully dead on the weekends.. :P

I'm so sorry for not being able to post lately. I'll post as soon as I can! It's just that I've been very busy lately :c

@@Evilshy

Please Please for the love of GOD convince Ivondras to have a drink with Gron in the local tavern. He has never had a drop of alcohol in his LIFE. Imagine those two, hammered and dumb as they are... they'd wreck the place XD

• Brohoof 1

Could you like give me a small list of what exists at this time? Like food wise or what people would do as a hobby or eat in the land they came from?

Basicly the land is a type of low fantasy: think middle ages. Technology varies wildly depending on where you go, but people have no automation, rely on horses or walking to get places and trading with eah other to get supplies that arent native to where they live.

There are no real methods for making complex foods - there is no man-made electricity so therefore no fridges, freezers or electronic tools. Heating or cooling things goes as far as burning fuel or opening a window. Food is generally preserved using either salt or honey if it is meant to last for more than a few days. Breads, meat, vegetables and fish are common for meals, with fruits, cakes and biscuits eaten as treats. Certain areas obviously have their own recipies, but wealth and climate often make such discoveries dificult to use elsewhere.

As for fun... well, it's not a very fun world. Richer folk might spend money on books to read, practicing art or hosting lavish parties, while the poor tend to spend all their time working, drinking or woth their family. Gambling - especially with cards - is a common passtime across all classes.

It's a tough world that is very mich ruled by force: with soldiers in the streets and the ever present fear of a Witch Hunter showing up at the door.

Hm, just wondering but do witches come to us or do we go to them? I was just thinking things were going a bit slow lately - or do you want us to explore a bit first? :P

I'm so sorry for not being able to post lately. I'll post as soon as I can! It's just that I've been very busy lately :c

@@Evilshy

Please Please for the love of GOD convince Ivondras to have a drink with Gron in the local tavern. He has never had a drop of alcohol in his LIFE. Imagine those two, hammered and dumb as they are... they'd wreck the place XD

Heh, I was already planning on something along those lines. I'll get on it.

By the way, , do the Witch Hunters have rules on alcohol? More specifically, is there any reason why Gron would not have experience drinking somebody smaller under the table, other than perhaps that I forgot to add anything about it in my character sheet and would need to roll for it?

Hm, just wondering but do witches come to us or do we go to them? I was just thinking things were going a bit slow lately - or do you want us to explore a bit first? :P

Well, your supposed to be hunting them - they probably don't much want to be killed, so they arent likely to just wander up to the heavily armed, black coated zealots who were raised for the sole purpose of killing them. :)

By the way, , do the Witch Hunters have rules on alcohol? More specifically, is there any reason why Gron would not have experience drinking somebody smaller under the table, other than perhaps that I forgot to add anything about it in my character sheet and would need to roll for it?

Apprentices arent given a particually large amount of free time, but theres nothing to state that they couldn't drink on it.

While free time is pretty much nonexistant however, alcohol makes people slow and stupid... which means that being forcibly intoxicated is a good way of training Hunters to fight while hexed.

So... you'd probably be more resillient than the average person In such a case.

Of course, not all of them are trained the same. I would assume that Ivondras has never so much as smelled the stuff from his zen-like dedication.

Long and short of it: whatever sort of tolerance or familiarity with alcohol fits your character can be easily justified.

@@FirstPonySpectre

Well, usually I refer to characters by their name in my descriptions even if my character doesn't know them yet, since I sometimes describe things from the perspective of my character and sometimes from a point of a narrator. But from now on I'll adress to him, also in my descriptions, as masquerade, since that does seem more fitting :) 

@@FirstPonySpectre

Well, usually I refer to characters by their name in my descriptions even if my character doesn't know them yet, since I sometimes describe things from the perspective of my character and sometimes from a point of a narrator. But from now on I'll adress to him, also in my descriptions, as masquerade, since that does seem more fitting :)

Alright, thanks ^_^

• 2 weeks later...